Progress Of Suvarnabhumi Airport On Schedule

Jai Dee

TRANSPORT MINISTER PONGSAK UPDATES SUVARNABHUMI AIRPORT'S CONSTRUCTION PROGRESS

Transport Minister PONGSAK RAKTAPONGPAISAL (พงษ์ศักดิ์ รักตพงศ์ไพศาล) disclosed that the construction progress of the Suvarnabhumi Airport is on schedule. He said the airport will certainly be opened for commercial purpose on June next year, as initially planned.

Mr. PONGSAK said the construction contractors are now urgently repairing the roof with water leakage problem on the airport's Information System Building. The roof will be completely patched up by this March. As for the CTX 9000 explosive-detection machines, 13 of them will be tested soon this month, while the other 13 machines will also be tested before February next year.

Following this construction inspection, the Transport Minister will sum up the assessment result to the Directors of Suvarnabhumi Airport’s Development (DSAD), in which Prime Minister THAKSIN SHINAWATRA is the Chairperson of this working body.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 15 December 2005

Transport Minister PONGSAK RAKTAPONGPAISAL (พงษ์ศักดิ์ รักตพงศ์ไพศาล) disclosed that the construction progress of the Suvarnabhumi Airport is on schedule. He said the airport will certainly be opened for commercial purpose on June next year, as initially planned.

Reminds me of when I was working in the Middle East. :o Government Budgets were always approved in the year following the budget year so they never over ran!!

:D

Yea -Yea...all good and well ...but what I want to know is have they finished the new (assuming they havnt nicked the gear from D.M) Thai Airways First and Business Class lounges yet?

Gotta get the prioritys right :o

I still dont understand why in each statement about the "schedule" they talk about thoses famous explosives detectors machines...

Who cares ? I mean in a huge airport like S. it must a few percentage of the whole system. No ?

I think it must be more time consumming to test the telecommunications system, the radar systems, the IT systems, etc. etc. etc.

Wrong again.

The scheduled date was 2005, not 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep thats about it...The airport is technically open for business and Mr T did the honours recently(soft opening..ie the tarmac on the runway is not quite dry yet)

....er...so...its.....not actually in operation ..yet. :o .....look to June /July next year when hopefully they switch on the lights in the loos. :D