Pattaya House Question, 3Bedroom With Car Port , Need Advice Please

me and wife bought a house one year ago on darkside pattaya, soi nermpubwan, it is not in a gated community but in a nice quiet little soi, nice neighbours etc, ive recently done some work to it new expensive tastefull tiles all around outside veranda and balcony. House has 4 big aircons, fans in all rooms, thai style kitchen, i want to know this.....how much could we expect to get for this house, it was only built 3 years ago, who is best agent in pattaya to sell it for us ? should we use multiple agents ? last and final question is this , house is in thai wifes name, god forbid she should be hit by a bus who owns the house ? im obviously farang, we have a three year old daughter, will daughter get house, i would be happy with this. How can i get house also in my name and how much would it cost, i understand i cannot own the land but what can i do to secure me and my childs future, i should of had all this in order when we bought it but hindsights a wonderfull thing. THANKYOU

I would try and sell house yourself before attempting to use realtor. If you decide to use realtor then list with many not just one.

Should the wife kick off you and daughter would become owners of the property. Since your a foreigner you would need to tranfer your part ownership to daughter within 1 year and she would then be sole owner. She being a minor you would be her legal guardian and would control property under court supervision until she is no longer a minor under Thai law. Court just wants to insure anything you do with the property is in the best interest of the child.

I would suggest both you and wife make out wills to prevent anyone from contesting distribution per Thai law.

Should the wife kick off you and daughter would become owners of the property. Since your a foreigner you would need to tranfer your part ownership to daughter within 1 year and she would then be sole owner. She being a minor you would be her legal guardian and would control property under court supervision until she is no longer a minor under Thai law. Court just wants to insure anything you do with the property is in the best interest of the child.

I would suggest both you and wife make out wills to prevent anyone from contesting distribution per Thai law.

I agree that they both should make out wills, but without a will it is possible that other relatives would be in line for part-ownership. For example, if your wife's parents are alive, they are considered as heirs to their daughter's estate. Having a will can prevent them or other family members from receiving the property.

Get a good lawyer. Be aware that if the ownership goes to your daughter then you won't be able to sell the property. Since you are all ready in the process of trying to sell the house, I would have you as the sole heir to your wife's estate. You will have to sell it within a year or give it to your daughter.