Car Mechanic That Will Drive Out To You?

Awk

Been having a bunch of old parts replaced on the even older car, so have used the opportunity to try

out some different shops and mechanics than the shop I had been using before (recommended here by some,

but not by me). Some recommended here, and some recommend by locals.

Most of the experiences have been bad or not too good, including some of the shops recommended here, but

in addition to Khun Daychar, who you can find by searching this forum, I would like to recommend this guy:

Khun Ge, who said it was ok for me to post his phone number: 08 3207 6802. He's staying around Chang Puak,

but will as said drive out to you, presumably within reasonable limits.

I'm not a mechanic myself, though I used to play one when younger, and I've also had one mechanic who has been recommended here, Khun Daychar, double check what Khun Ge said and did.

Ge does not have his own garage, but turns up with his toolbox at the appointed (thai-)time, and has done quite a bit of good work on the car (including redoing some of the crap done by others). I was hesitant to using a guy without his own garage, but for the things where you need expensive/big tools (e.g., hoisting the car up, alignment racks, etc.), he knew where to go and either made appointments for us, or took the car there himself and rented/borrowed their equipment.

While it was much more important for me to have the job well done than to have it done cheaply, his prices have been better than the clowns that overcharged for sloppy work and worn out replacement parts, so I'm happy to recommend him.

Be warned that he speaks only Thai though. If you can't find any Thai people to help you contacting him, possibly I can

hook you up with somebody who can help. Ge services her car too, so she might be interested in translating a little

in return for some goodwill from Ge and a red note or two from you.

Edited by Awk

Sorry to hijack the thread but it reminds me - does anybody have a crib-sheet of English to Thai terms for technical stuff - plumbing parts, electrical parts, car parts?

I was trying to get a wheel bearing changed the other day and ran into a brick wall. Eventually I used my phone to try to get a translation for wheel bearing and it came out in Thai script as "Bearing (pronounced same as english) wheel". Eventually with much ado we managed to communicate to the extent that (I think) he thought I wanted to "refurbish" the damned thing - i.e. put new ballbearings in the bearing. I gave up...

Sorry to hijack the thread but it reminds me - does anybody have a crib-sheet of English to Thai terms for technical stuff - plumbing parts, electrical parts, car parts?

I was trying to get a wheel bearing changed the other day and ran into a brick wall. Eventually I used my phone to try to get a translation for wheel bearing and it came out in Thai script as "Bearing (pronounced same as english) wheel". Eventually with much ado we managed to communicate to the extent that (I think) he thought I wanted to "refurbish" the damned thing - i.e. put new ballbearings in the bearing. I gave up...

I also would love to find this.. I had read a long long time ago there was a published dictionary of engineering terms.. Bearing / cams / valves / camchains / etc but I have no idea who published it or where I could get one..

As I often much about with bikes, engines and the like.. Would be a godsend for me as often I cant even get a translation out of the significant other as she wouldnt know a camchain tensioner from a reed valve (tsk women huh !!)..