1 Yr. Retirement Extension Pattaya Immigration

erre191

Can anybody update me, what documents are needed for this? To be clear, not the first extension, but my second (renewal)/ 800'000 in bank, going into the second year.

Also, what would be a good day/time to get this done? Thank you.

I just did my renewal this past week plus a new multiple re-entry permit.

In your case a letter from the bank saying the 800K has been in your account over 3 months. They must photocopy or provide statements for the full 3 months, immigration made me return to the bank!

TM7 filled out correctly

Rental agreement, bills or other supporting documentation proving residence.

1 Photo

Copies of passport, visa, & last entry stamp.

They made me return the next day to aquire my multiple re-entry permit as they were too busy???? (should you need one)

I hope that helps - Arrive at 8 am. I was at the desk at 8:20 and was #38!!!

Edited by gerry53

A letter from the bank will be required. I went late in the afternoon and the place was almost empty. Was in and out in around an hour. But did have to come back the next day for the multi entry.

Is the bank letter required if you're using the monthly income method? I have obtained one in previous years but I'm wondering if it is really required.

Make sure the money is in the bank for exactly 3 months and not 1 day less.I experienced this when I went on 6 March because 7 March was a holiday.I went throught the whole process and when I was asked to hand over the 1900 Baht the officer said, hold on a second you are one day short.Please apply again on the next business day.

You will understand that both on 6 and 8 March it was a stampede at Immigration because of the holiday.

Make sure the money is in the bank for exactly 3 months and not 1 day less.I experienced this when I went on 6 March because 7 March was a holiday.I went throught the whole process and when I was asked to hand over the 1900 Baht the officer said, hold on a second you are one day short.Please apply again on the next business day.

You will understand that both on 6 and 8 March it was a stampede at Immigration because of the holiday.

That was downright nasty. He must have been in a very bad mood that day.

Aren't they every day?

Aren't they every day?

This reminds me of when I didn't report late last year because I was leaving the very next day after my normal reporting date. I asked 2 guys in the office if I needed to report - they said I didn't. In hindsight I may have been lucky they didn't cancel my extension. You just can't take anything for granted and be prepared for the worst.

I used the monthly income method and have had to provide a bank letter the past 2 years for renewals. But ya never know.

I do believe the multi entry was like 3800B or so.

Renewed my retirement extension in Dec 2012 and did not require a bank letter for monthly income. Just a notery confirmation of income from the British Consulate

I used the monthly income method and have had to provide a bank letter the past 2 years for renewals. But ya never know.

Renewed my retirement extension in Dec 2012 and did not require a bank letter for monthly income. Just a notery confirmation of income from the British Consulate

Thanks! I'll save myself the trip to the bank when I go to renew later this year.

Thanks! I'll save myself the trip to the bank when I go to renew later this year.

I had the notary letter and bank book. I was also told I wouldn't need a bank letter. So, I went without it, and luckily, Bangkok Bank now has a branch right around the corner. I should have known. This has happened to me twice. Some don't ask, others do. Best to have it just in case.