Govt Schools In Pattaya

I thought you were looking for an international school in Bangkok.

Hi there,

Im a 23 yr old guy from South Africa, new to BKK and currently searching for a teaching job. Questions:

1. I heard a rumour that because Im under 25yrs old I cannot work at a thai government school. Is this correct? Does it mean that I 100% cannot apply for any teaching positions at government schools in thailand?

2. I have no prior experience as a teacher, however I hold a linguistics degree from south africa and a Tesol qualification. What are my chances of getting a good job at a private International school in BKK with no actual prior teaching experience?

3. What sort of money per month could I expect to get for my first teaching job- approx?

Many thanks

http://www.thaivisa....eaching-in-bkk/

Why does it have to be Pattaya? They are literally hundreds of government schools in Bkk.

Finish at 4pm on Friday then you can be there in 2 hours...

If you really want to stay there get in touch with tefl intercontinental, bung them a few quid and get a placement.

Good luck living in Pattaya on 30 grand.

Recently on the beach at Maenam on Samui, i came across a mixed group of kids practicing their English together.

I listened for a while then decided to help by correcting them. I was amazed, they were so keen to let me help them and i enjoyed it. It was one of the most enjoyable afternoons i have had for a long time and would just love to do it again. Does anyone know where i can go and give my time in a volunteer basis. These kids had a Thai teacher and i could see some glaring mistakes that she was making. I am retired but have not had any teaching training, just an English grammar school education and plenty of time on my hands.

The Sarassas school system is the largest private school system in southeast Asia and is a good place to start, get a year or two experience, then move on to a real school. They start at 30k/month (used to be 35, times are tough all over), and provide a nice apartment on some nicely landscaped campuses. They will hire just about anybody because the teacher turnover is high (which says a lot about the working conditions). Again, not a career but a foot in the door.

• 2 weeks later...

Pattaya City Hall is sub-contracting the English teaching to Burapha University EP.

As far as I know you have to apply with them.

The head of the English program for all Government schools in Pattaya is situated in School #7 next to/opposite Wat Chaimongkol along South Pattaya Road.

• 2 weeks later...

The Sarassas school system is the largest private school system in southeast Asia and is a good place to start, get a year or two experience, then move on to a real school. They start at 30k/month (used to be 35, times are tough all over), and provide a nice apartment on some nicely landscaped campuses. They will hire just about anybody because the teacher turnover is high (which says a lot about the working conditions). Again, not a career but a foot in the door.

They start at 35 still, rising 2 or 3K a year. The turnover is high because they have more than 100 foriegn teachers at just one school (bangbon)