Thailand Aims To Be A Hub For Health And Beauty Products

webfact

Thailand Aims to Be A Hub for Health & Beauty Products

BANGKOK: -- The private sector aims to turn Thailand into a hub for health and beauty products in the next three years thanks to increasing demand in overseas markets.

Napawan Songprasertkul, Managing Director of Food Industry Network, the organizer of “Health Expo 2012”, identified the demand for more value-added products that are made from rice in the world market.

The total market value for products in the health and beauty industries have grown to over 3 billion baht, growing at a rate of more than ten percent each year.

She noted that the Thai rice export saw an especially sharp decline in the past two months thanks to tough competition from Vietnam. Rice export saw sharp drop of 50 percent from one million tons to just 500,000 tons per month.

Napawan stated that the high rice price being offered by Thailand following the implementation of the rice pledging scheme have forced trade partners to switch to buying rice from other countries, resulting in a drop in the Thai rice export.

She added that the the organization of the “Health Expo 2012” is aimed at establishing Thailand as a hub for health and beauty products in the ASEAN region by 2015 when the ASEAN Economic Community is set to materialize.

The event will feature a wide variety of cosmetic and healthcare products, especially for those made from rice, from over 200 local and international companies.

The “Health Expo 2012” will be held from March 29 to April 1 at Impact, Muang Thong Thani. At least 500 million baht are expected to circulate throughout the four-day event.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-03-20

footer_n.gif

Not a word about that the ricepled scheme is probably one of (amongst others) the most stupid policies implemented by the PT government. No the usual Thai way: "we are creating another HUB".

Wish them the best of luck in turning 6.000.000 tonnes of rice yearly into cosmetics. Sometimes it hard to know, if you should laugh or cry.

Stupidly, looking at the numbers and the already gargantuan cosmetics business here, I would say they already are a hub.

Normally all this means is that they have some good business and want the government to give them marketing money, so they call it a "hub".

Its like saying they are a hub for rice, or sex tourism. They already are.

• Like 1

She noted that the Thai rice export saw an especially sharp decline in the past two months thanks to tough competition from Vietnam. Rice export saw sharp drop of 50 percent from one million tons to just 500,000 tons per month.

Napawan stated that the high rice price being offered by Thailand following the implementation of the rice pledging scheme have forced trade partners to switch to buying rice from other countries, resulting in a drop in the Thai rice export.

Could this amazing 50% drop have anything to do with locals buying local rice so they can fraudulently claim the government subsidy? I am sure they will export this after they have got their bonuses.

many thais have asked me to bring cosmetics from the U.K for them , everything in thailand is double the uk price , creams, nail varnish , make-up , perfumes , you name it, in thailand its at least double the price , also hair dryers, tongs etc ,... hub of rip offs more like !

I see, next someone will start promoting :

HiSo Lena, and her line of Whitening Breast Enhancers,

'If they're whiter they're bigger'

and

Grandma Snakeoil's line of kidney cleansers for all ailments.

Hub of carcinogenic mystery creams and drinks for the new you....

as long as you last. Tip the F&DA on your way out.

So what IS the Thai word for HUB...?

it must be lovely and roll of the tongue like melting butter at noontime.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

Hey Guys. News: Health and Beauty Products Aim to Be In Thailand. I'll correct headlines as necessary. When you have a retarded, haughty ingrate for a primary employee, you realize how bad your product (a supposed newspaper; it isn't up to me or anyone with even a mission of objectivity) is.

I question whether Thais are really using the word 'hub', or whether it is mostly a confection of English-speaking journalists. I know nothing - just posing the question.

[Thai.language.com shows no Thai word for "hub" in the context of focus point, so I wonder what word they are actually using]

Sorry to be a spoilsport!

A desperate way of explaining what they are going to do with the thousands of tons of over-priced rice that will be rotting in warehouses. I wonder if they know that most countries don't want mysterious (and probably toxic) skin-whitening additives.

With all the exotic stuff normally reputed to be in make-up, rice might be a little boring and bland.

So what IS the Thai word for HUB...?

it must be lovely and roll of the tongue like melting butter at noontime.

จุดรวม

jùt ruam

or when talking about a wheel.

ดุม

dum

(so, dum it is)

So...

Thailand politicians want this to be the Dum place?

Or maybe they are Dum'ing it down on purpose.

Thailand; Dum Hub of Asia.

If we call a politician a Dummy, he might like it....

Edited by animatic