A Chance For A Bit Of Toilet Humour

sysardman

I'm looking for a very cheap western style toilet in the Chiang Mai area. I don't want to pay a lot because the property isn't mine and I don't know how long I will end up staying there. The landlord has given me permission to change it. Anybody have any ideas or have bought similar.

you have a car...or a tree? (its round the back)... thats the cheapest western style toilet

seriously..Global House/home mart/home Pro they have dozens from around 1800bt, and nice cheap ones for 2100bt......but the cheapest dont accomodate the fattest of ar**s

you have a car...or a tree? (its round the back)... thats the cheapest western style toilet

seriously..Global House/home mart/home Pro they have dozens from around 1800bt, and nice cheap ones for 2100bt......but the cheapest dont accomodate the fattest of ar**s

No car, no tree - sorry.

Thanks for the info, was hoping for a non chainstore type dealer.

In Global House u can just buy the toilet bowl without the water cistern attached,,,,,i presume u just flush it with a bucket of water filled from the tap in the bathroom....it would save the expense of plumbing the water in etc since u wont be staying that long......they also sell a 10 inch blue connection pipe that fits on the toilet to connect into the floor...........about 700 baht i think

Edit....they are sitting outside the shop before u go in........u can buy them in the most foul colours imaginable

post-92214-0-55153200-1332252571_thumb.j

Edited by nattydread
  • Like 1

In Global House u can just buy the toilet bowl without the water cistern attached,,,,,i presume u just flush it with a bucket of water filled from the tap in the bathroom....it would save the expense of plumbing the water in etc since u wont be staying that long......they also sell a 10 inch blue connection pipe that fits on the toilet to connect into the floor...........about 700 baht i think

Edit....they are sitting outside the shop before u go in........u can buy them in the most foul colours imaginable

the bowl come with a cheap plastic seat attached to it if i am not mistaken

Is the 700Bt for the pipe or the toilet? - thanks for info

the toilet silly......the pipe is 100 baht ish

i dont think they have it in white LOL...........like i said the colours of the bowls are straight out of the 1970s...

that deep purple/red colour and the spew green colour come to mind

Is the 700Bt for the pipe or the toilet? - thanks for info

Just checking, you did mention the price just after the connection pipe.

If they have skidmark brown I'll be down there like a flashlicklips.gif

i think they did have skidmark brown actually and a hideous shade of pink also......personally i would buy the most revolting colour

for what u want they are a bargain....buy the 100 baht plastic pipe and get the local plumber for 300 baht a day and u can be dumping in comfort for

around 1000 baht

heres a trip down 1970s bathroom colours if u are so inclined lol

http://www.us.kohler.com/designkb/colors/timeline_1970.jsp

i think they did have skidmark brown actually and a hideous shade of pink also......personally i would buy the most revolting colour

for what u want they are a bargain....buy the 100 baht plastic pipe and get the local plumber for 300 baht a day and u can be dumping in comfort for

around 1000 baht

heres a trip down 1970s bathroom colours if u are so inclined lol

http://www.us.kohler...meline_1970.jsp

Wow that's some choice - do you suggest a complementary tone or go for the stark contrast?

The info is great by the waywai.gif

I'm equally at home on a western toilet as I am upon the local Asian squat toilet. When visiting western countries I do miss the bum showers though. For that reason I sympathise with the OP. Not having the right toilet equipment can drive one potty! 555!

clap2.gifjap.gif

If you have a wide enough rear end, you can just sit on the squat toilets like its a western toilet. More comfortable than a western toilet once you get that big as well.

I'm not that big so I think I would get stuck in it like a giant sink plunger on my rear

I'm equally at home on a western toilet as I am upon the local Asian squat toilet. When visiting western countries I do miss the bum showers though. For that reason I sympathise with the OP. Not having the right toilet equipment can drive one potty! 555!

clap2.gifjap.gif

yes one does become rather attached to the bum gun doesnt one

clap2.gifjap.gif

yes one does become rather attached to the bum gun doesnt one

If you're becoming attached to it you're holding it too close. Edited by thaimiller
  • Like 2

Hidden away down Chang Puek Soi 5 (The Soi opposite the entrance to Mecure Hotel) is a large bathroom supplies showroom and warehouse. They have a good selection of brands. Both prices and service are much better than Home Pro and all. There is a small hole in the wall place next door selling toilets very cheaply too. IIRC you can pick up a basic pot for only a few hundred Baht.

Edited by Paagai

Hidden away down Chang Puek Soi 5 (The Soi opposite the entrance to Mecure Hotel) is a large bathroom supplies showroom and warehouse. They have a good selection of brands. Both prices and service are much better than Home Pro and all. There is a small hole in the wall place next door selling toilets very cheaply too. IIRC you can pick up a basic pot for only a few hundred Baht.

It sounds like you are talking about Home Sukkapan, but yesterday it was all boarded up...so they have moved or shut down now

Home Sukkapan is on the ring road near payap university these days and they have an awesome shop, not so sure they have the bucket flush toilets though. They seem to be middle to high end for the most part. No poinit in getting high end equip if your just going to put crap in it.

It sounds like you are talking about Home Sukkapan, but yesterday it was all boarded up...so they have moved or shut down now

Maybe, I don't recall the name. The large tile store on the corner of the soi and Chang Puek road was boarded up and looked like it had closed about three weeks ago, but I thought the bathroom place was still open. Maybe not sad.png Shame as it was local for us and, as canukamuck put it, "an awsome shop". Over by Payap is more of a trek

Maybe, I don't recall the name. The large tile store on the corner of the soi and Chang Puek road was boarded up and looked like it had closed about three weeks ago, but I thought the bathroom place was still open. Maybe not sad.png Shame as it was local for us and, as canukamuck put it, "an awsome shop". Over by Payap is more of a trek

Payap is closer for me so that could be good news - thanks

Edited by sysardman

No car, no tree - sorry.

Thanks for the info, was hoping for a non chainstore type dealer.

I think most western toilets have low profile flush tanks so no chain. If you are not too flush, as seems to be the case, buy a big white telephone sans tank and a big plastic garbage bucket and a hello kitty scoop....

Pulling out that squat is gonna be fun!!!

• Like 1

My $0.02 - I'm also in the market for a decent pot. I've found most of the shops with cement, paint, tiles etc stacked outside have a limited selection of reasonable and cheap (800 to 1,500) sets that'd do the job... But I'm looking for one that's a bit more comfortable where you don't lose the use of your legs if you happen to sit reading the e-newspapers for 10 minutes...

I think most western toilets have low profile flush tanks so no chain. If you are not too flush, as seems to be the case, buy a big white telephone sans tank and a big plastic garbage bucket and a hello kitty scoop....

Sounds like you've had experience - I noticed there are no fixing screws like western toilets, are the squats cemented in or something? do you think it will come out without breaking?

Sounds like you've had experience - I noticed there are no fixing screws like western toilets, are the squats cemented in or something? do you think it will come out without breaking?

no experience of replacement..destroyed a couple in temp out-houses for builders.

Would think I'd smash it up to access the pipe and add a bit of pipe and patch with cement and level to match with underside of sit upon...the ones we have did have bolt holes but could not find the usual wax seals or brass lag bolts so brought 'em from Canada..as you say, here they cement 'em in. You could use a few big tubes of silicone ..?! Good luck