90 Day Reporting Is Soooooo Slowwwww

connda

I seems like the 90 reporting is getting slower. Got to immigration at 12:30 to get in line for the queue ticket. When I got my ticket it was obvious they were backlogged from the morning -- had about 20 number still in front of me. They didn't start calling numbers for the 90 day reports until about 1:15 pm. And then it was sloooooowwwww. Got out about 2:30. Had a book, so just relaxed and read. But I'm wondering about just doing a mail-in. Or many be it was just a one time thing. Guess I'll see the next time.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there today too, and this afternoon did move more slowly than usual. I've been really happy with my last few 90 day report experiences for kids, and me (different schedules, heh). Usually after lunch it's in and out within 30 minutes, but this afternoon it was a couple of hours to process about 35 numbers ahead of me when I got there. Still no biggie and I'm not complaining, but to back up the O/P, it did move more slowly than it has over the last few times this afternoon for whatever reason.

I was there today too, and this afternoon did move more slowly than usual. I've been really happy with my last few 90 day report experiences for kids, and me (different schedules, heh). Usually after lunch it's in and out within 30 minutes, but this afternoon it was a couple of hours to process about 35 numbers ahead of me when I got there. Still no biggie and I'm not complaining, but to back up the O/P, it did move more slowly than it has over the last few times this afternoon for whatever reason.

The reason is obvious ... more applicants.

Just wondering. I lived in Korat for the last three year. 90 day down there is in and out in 10 minutes, 15 with a long line. I've done two others here in CM that went smooth enough. But today seemed to just drag. I might have talked to you. I sat over by the windows on the right after I got my queue number.

Edited by connda

yup, had similar experience 2 weeks ago. Took over 2 hours. Im used to bangkok where its more like in and out.

To my knowledgre the forum dosnt allow you to post a comment to the original poster once a reply has been made - you have to follow the flow from there -- my origanal post was dirrected toward the OP if you read it toward the OP - again you took it as negative and it wasnt directed toward you!!

I was there the other day Wednesday I believe got there at about 10:30 got a number and I was the last one taken before they went to lunch. While I waited they processed 45 people with earlier numbers than mine.

Forgot my book but had a pleasant chat with the fellow ahead of me.

Part of the problem is people coming in there unprepared and the staff having to explain it to them. One fellow even came in with the wrong paper. Then there is the mailed in ones to be dealt with.

It is obvious that Chiang Mai is attracting more and more retiree's.

If you are new it would be a good idea to go to the back where they will take your picture and photocopy what you need. Don't just say I want a photocopy you might need two. Tell them what you want it for.

<sigh> more posts commenting on moderation and responses removed. <sigh> If you have something positive to say than don't interject it with inflammatory comments as the entire post will be removed for violation of forum rules. Some need to reread the forum rules. Continuing down this path will see formal warnings/suspensions handed out.

This will probably be my last entry on TV -- I spent a lot of time talking about my experinces over the past 7 years and how much Thai Immagration has improved ! How on average no more than 45 min for 90 day reporting and how the last time they put a bar coad into my passport and I asked for what - the answer was next time I will not have to copy all the info just the 90 day form and done -- I said I will report back on my experience - I also said that I hope they will recieve the budget that will help them continue to do the good job that they are doing and that sometimes to spend an extra 1 half hour to be in the country you want to be in -- RELAX -- I was asked to go under my bridge

I was there the other day Wednesday I believe got there at about 10:30 got a number and I was the last one taken before they went to lunch. While I waited they processed 45 people with earlier numbers than mine.

Forgot my book but had a pleasant chat with the fellow ahead of me.

Part of the problem is people coming in there unprepared and the staff having to explain it to them. One fellow even came in with the wrong paper. Then there is the mailed in ones to be dealt with.

It is obvious that Chiang Mai is attracting more and more retiree's.

If you are new it would be a good idea to go to the back where they will take your picture and photocopy what you need. Don't just say I want a photocopy you might need two. Tell them what you want it for.

CM may be becoming much more popular. I've got friends who are considering moving here.

The 90 day report is definitely taking longer and longer. Hopefully the (rumoured) move away from requiring photocopies will speed things up.

I doubt it.

As it stands, it actually only takes a couple of minutes or so to do if that's just what they do and the paperwork is correct.

A 'proper' inquiry point with people directed just there and the immigration guys getting on with what they supposed to do would really help!

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

This will probably be my last entry on TV -- I spent a lot of time talking about my experinces over the past 7 years and how much Thai Immagration has improved ! How on average no more than 45 min for 90 day reporting and how the last time they put a bar coad into my passport and I asked for what - the answer was next time I will not have to copy all the info just the 90 day form and done -- I said I will report back on my experience - I also said that I hope they will recieve the budget that will help them continue to do the good job that they are doing and that sometimes to spend an extra 1 half hour to be in the country you want to be in -- RELAX -- I was asked to go under my bridge

Has this happened with anybody else?

One reason for the big increase in numbers is the change to the way the 'Burmese' are administered here. From last year they started to obtain Myanmar passports and a 5 year work permit so they have to do 90 day reporting the same as the rest of us. their inability to write either English or Thai has created a nice little industry behind immigration but their added numbers puts a burden on Chiang Mai immigration. Of course Chiang Mai has more 'Burmese' than most other places.

Immigration staff are (well, for the most part.) lovely (..at the very least, tolerant!) But, i do wonder at the system they have at this time. Ie: would it not make sense to have a big board showing the steps for applications outside of the immigration building, so people who havent been before (or when they decide to change the set up), dont need to keep asking staff what to do when the doors do open? If the procedure is clearly written out, maybe would help..?. I also wonder at having the queue ticket machine right in the corner.. people stand about crowding that area (not sure why most do that, the names are read out anyway, they could just sit then collect their ticket when called. But maybe some didnt get their names on the list..?). Would it not make more sense to put the machine behind the counter, or another more convenient place maybe? Last time i was there saw a guy on crutches and people were pushing into him oblivious, in order to get their tickets. ..and of course he struggled to get through himself when his name was called. Of course,, im sure there is a reason for the way these things are, and that im just not quite getting it....

• Like 1

Just mail it in! I hate going into immigration for any reason. I have the form form with scanned passport pages on my computer, with a 5 day reminder in my Outlook calendar. I also have a bunch of address labels I made. When the reminder pops up, I just print out the form and passport pages, sign the form, and drop it all in the mail with a stamped return envelope. No fuss, no muss. If you send by EMS, you have all the proof you need.

When you go into immigration unnecessarily, you get what you get.

For my last 90 day report, about 3 weeks ago, I arrived around 1:30-2 pm to find the ticketing machine turned off. I went out to the copy shop (swamped with Burmese) and by the time I came back the ticket machine was on and they were handing out numbers. I got my number and was called to the window in less than 30 seconds and had to scramble to fill out the form while the officer waited. The entire exercise took less than 10 minutes. I've only had to wait more than 30 minutes once in the last two+ years.

Would it not make more sense to put the machine behind the counter, or another more convenient place maybe? Last time i was there saw a guy on crutches and people were pushing into him oblivious, in order to get their tickets. ..and of course he struggled to get through himself when his name was called. Of course,, im sure there is a reason for the way these things are, and that im just not quite getting it....

Stop being sensible Eek.

• Like 1

Just wondering. I lived in Korat for the last three year. 90 day down there is in and out in 10 minutes, 15 with a long line. I've done two others here in CM that went smooth enough. But today seemed to just drag. I might have talked to you. I sat over by the windows on the right after I got my queue number.

I see they no longer carry on at lunch time when I was there end of december it was kept open so yesterday went at 12.00 only to find they stop for lunch.

I see they no longer carry on at lunch time when I was there end of december it was kept open so yesterday went at 12.00 only to find they stop for lunch.

Too many years of having to eat at 12 noon on the dot. Probably threw their digestive systems into a panic.

Just mail it in! I hate going into immigration for any reason. I have the form form with scanned passport pages on my computer, with a 5 day reminder in my Outlook calendar. I also have a bunch of address labels I made. When the reminder pops up, I just print out the form and passport pages, sign the form, and drop it all in the mail with a stamped return envelope. No fuss, no muss. If you send by EMS, you have all the proof you need.

How much does it cost for "in-country EMS"? Also, what pages do you have scanned? That sounds like a good plan!

All the mail-in info is on the Thai immigration and CM immigration websites. Last time I did it the EMS cost 50 baht plus the cost of envelopes and return postage. I was confused where to send my last 90 day report so sent one to CM and one to BKK..... got 2 back, the BKK one took longer but gives me an extra week, so I am using that one. I first sent to CM but then read on the national Imm. website that all 90 day reports must go through BKK. So sent another to them.

Do they return it with EMS ?

Do they return it with EMS ?

No, that would mean extra work for someone and I don't think they are that bothered if you get it back or not. Just put a SAE in and keep your receipt of mailing. Make sure the till receipt says 'Chiang Mai Immigration' not just some abbreviation like 'Chiang Mai', which could mean anything. If they don't receive it, they will acknowledge that you sent it (I believe). The PO are OK if you tell them before the receipt is printed.