Mityon South Pattaya - What A Petty Thing They Did

TylerBKK

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do yourself a BIG FAVOR Never let them work on your bike. They socked me away for a 6200 baht carb for a kawasaki boss . It didn't need it . It was a smog valve clogged. While I was waiting 4 ever I watched one of the Mechanics working on a Honda Phantom engine. The idiot put the piston in without rings on it. Since the only person(the Katoey Speaks english) I tried to give them the heads up engine needs rings!

The shop lackeys laughed & assembled the top end & snugged it up without the rings. Hello. Epic failure! Needless to say I am done with thoise hosers.

You mean that arrogant Katoey.

I had an argument with them with a Yamaha nuovo which would not fire up if it was parked for more than 48 hours.I drove the bike there and explained the issue to the Katoey.First the checked the airpressure in the tires,then the oil after which they fired it up.I tried to explain to him/her/it that the problem only occures if it is not used for more than 48 hours.Again they started it and said,see there is no problem at all.

End of story for me.

Yea thats the guy. arrogant.

Crazy story. They "have the monopoly" and katoeys who are mounting pistons without rings? They have no boss, manager or owner who you can ask about. You should definetly call the police. Or just buy a Yamaha next time wink.png

No the katoey doesn't touch the bikes Just service & translations. The bumbling idiot that forgot the rings was a mechanic Or proabably a som tom cook. Either he didn't have any sleep or he was never a mechanic! I have seen them doing some other unorthadox tricks with wiring & lights. They are by no means a bike repair center. Their idea of Chemtool boil out for the carburators( or the equivelent name brand) is flushing it out with gasoline. I will be shipping via boat a gallon of chemtool boil out & maybe 4 gallons of auto paint hardener enamal reducer & fish eye remover & my paint guns & water traps. Can't find anything comparible to the U.S. up here.At least tyhat way when I get my inline 4 I can rebuild the carbs & set them back up with the proper guages. It doesn't matter how cheap it is in Thailand if the work sucks & needs to redone over & over.

Before you mentioned some cup with 2 pistons inside, but what you show now is the piston including the segment rings.So it looks like they did a major overhaul of your engine.

Did your bike have many miles on the clock, since mine has less than 8000 Km yet so I think it would not need a revision yet.

Sorry but i am not into mechanics as you can notice, eh eh, i describe the "piston" as a cup because if you turn it upside down, on the inside it was empty, looking just as a cup....when they disassembled the whole thing, i remember 2 small metal parts sticking out which i assumed perhaps they connect with it somehow? however, that's the part you are looking for.

The motocy have almost 40k on the clock at the moment, i like long rides every now and then, and apart from this small hitch, it's a great machine biggrin.png

The bumbling idiot that forgot the rings was a mechanic

If it can be of any consolation, the Yamaha mechanic olding the bronze medal of the mechanics, which is hanging on the wall in full view, said that the Yamaha Lube(oil) was not necessary for the engine and insisted in wanting me to leave without any oil on the motocy.....i don't want even think of what the "Gold" medal champion could be capable of partytime2.gif

Yamaha nuovo which would not fire up if it was parked for more than 48 hours.

That's seems to be a common problem with the Nouvo, better you take care of it asap, as i can tell you from experience that it will lead to the Nouvo not going to start at all anymore after a while.

The problems seems to depend from a small cup where 2 small pistons works inside, sorry i can't remember the exact technical word for it. Since the part exange, even if you leave it unused for a week or more it will start at the first try, they also changed a metal disc of the diameter of a toilette paper roll and 1 or 2 small things that looked as tubolar dices probably made of some sort of magnet material, i choose to use only original parts from Yamaha and the bill was less than 3.000 , they also had not original parts available for much less but as i do long rides sometime, i prefere to be safe, taking the motocy aparts and putting it back took them 4 or 5 hours.

I guess if fitting a new piston, piston rings and gudgeon pin (piston kit) cured your problems, i think it's safe to say your engine was pretty worn out and/or poorly maintained.... Or the same kathoey forgot to install piston rings on your bike too biggrin.png

In this case any length of time where the engine was allowed to completely cool would have caused your ‘difficult starting’ scenario due to a lack of compression, once the engine was warmed there would have been little evidence of this due to thermal expansion of the piston and the sealing effect of the engine's oil.

But your problems could have been something else that the mechanics fixed unknowingly such as a headgasket which would/should have been replace when fitting the new piston kit.

As far as i'm aware there are no 'common faults' with the Nouvo that cause starting problems, the only exception being gasohol sitting in an unused bike's carbs and poor maintenance.

Would the 'two piston things inside a cup' happen to look like this? post-59428-0-03024100-1332430177_thumb.j

If so they are called valves and the 'cup' area is called the combustion chamber smile.png

Thanks,this picture indeed clears up my understanding of Surayu's description.The cup with the 2 pistons would be the cylinder head with the 2 valves.Since Surayu's bike had 40K on the clock I assume it would be in need of an overhaul,but I consider my low milage as not the same issue.As you mention the gasohol, it might be the problem as I always fill up with gasohol.I will try out with proper gasoline for a while and see if it makes a difference.

Yamaha nuovo which would not fire up if it was parked for more than 48 hours.

That's seems to be a common problem with the Nouvo, better you take care of it asap, as i can tell you from experience that it will lead to the Nouvo not going to start at all anymore after a while.

The problems seems to depend from a small cup where 2 small pistons works inside, sorry i can't remember the exact technical word for it. Since the part exange, even if you leave it unused for a week or more it will start at the first try, they also changed a metal disc of the diameter of a toilette paper roll and 1 or 2 small things that looked as tubolar dices probably made of some sort of magnet material, i choose to use only original parts from Yamaha and the bill was less than 3.000 , they also had not original parts available for much less but as i do long rides sometime, i prefere to be safe, taking the motocy aparts and putting it back took them 4 or 5 hours.

I guess if fitting a new piston, piston rings and gudgeon pin (piston kit) cured your problems, i think it's safe to say your engine was pretty worn out and/or poorly maintained.... Or the same kathoey forgot to install piston rings on your bike too biggrin.png

In this case any length of time where the engine was allowed to completely cool would have caused your ‘difficult starting’ scenario due to a lack of compression, once the engine was warmed there would have been little evidence of this due to thermal expansion of the piston and the sealing effect of the engine's oil.

But your problems could have been something else that the mechanics fixed unknowingly such as a headgasket which would/should have been replace when fitting the new piston kit.

As far as i'm aware there are no 'common faults' with the Nouvo that cause starting problems, the only exception being gasohol sitting in an unused bike's carbs and poor maintenance.

Would the 'two piston things inside a cup' happen to look like this? post-59428-0-03024100-1332430177_thumb.j

If so they are called valves and the 'cup' area is called the combustion chamber smile.png

Thanks,this picture indeed clears up my understanding of Surayu's description.The cup with the 2 pistons would be the cylinder head with the 2 valves.Since Surayu's bike had 40K on the clock I assume it would be in need of an overhaul,but I consider my low milage as not the same issue.As you mention the gasohol, it might be the problem as I always fill up with gasohol.I will try out with proper gasoline for a while and see if it makes a difference.

If left sitting with gasohol in the carb for more than 24 hours it can take a couple of extra turns of the starter to get things going. Do you start your bike with a little throttle or just push the button like we all did when the bike rolled out of the showrooms? I can tell you that my Mio 125 (a year old yesterday) needs a little throttle when starting from cold. I've been running the bike on nothing other than 95 Gasohol with no issues at all and very soon this 1 year old Mio 125 will hit the 28,000Km mark :)

I intend to treat her to a 3rd spark plug, new air filter, engine oil and fluid all round and a new drive belt, as the top speed has dipped from 112kmh to 104kmh :D

I really don't expect to see this bike having any mechanical issues when it hits 40,000km, the same with yours providing it's looked after :)

Yes, get rid of the gasohol completely. Drive the bike till nearly empty and fill up with benzine. Do this more than once to be sure all gasohol is gone. I had big trouble using gasohol in my Nouvo. When i bought it (used, 8000km on the clock) i wanted to use gasohol. It wasn't possible.

The english version of the manual for my Yamaha Nouvo Elegance has the following statements:

"Yamaha products can use gasohol (E10) Octane 91 or higher. However, when filling with gasohol, cold engine starting may be difficult...

NOTICE: Using gasohol may cause engine trouble depending on the engine. If gasohol is used and engine trouble occurs, contact the Yamaha dealer as soon as possible."

OK, i used gasohol and trouble occured. The bike stalled many times while riding it, which is very dangerous and annoying on an automatic bike. So i went to the Yamaha dealer to ask for help. The Yamaha dealer and also Yamaha Thailand told me to better use benzine :)

• Like 1

The bumbling idiot that forgot the rings was a mechanic

If it can be of any consolation, the Yamaha mechanic olding the bronze medal of the mechanics, which is hanging on the wall in full view, said that the Yamaha Lube(oil) was not necessary for the engine and insisted in wanting me to leave without any oil on the motocy.....i don't want even think of what the "Gold" medal champion could be capable of partytime2.gif

i was at yamaha today and the "mechanic" managed to spill oil (yamalube engine or gear oil on the seat )

i wiped it off with the sleeve of my work jacket but he stood beside the bike after he had wheeled it outside

as if i was going to give him a tip :D

Really dont know what theyre gonna do next ,i watch every screw and bolt they touch in case i need to tighten it again later

and i always count how many bottles of transmission oil go in

I dont care too much about a scooter as i only plan to keep it until the Yamaha warranty (50,000km ) is reached and then sell

for a new one

i havent had a new filter with any of the services (just new engine oil+ yamalube cvt )

ive asked them should we not change the filter every time as well and the young boy went and asked an older mechanic and he came back and said no,not need

i dont care ,as long as they can keep it alive for 50,000km with their shoe string mechanic work i will trade it in and get whatever is new

god help 2nd hand buyers buying a bike with "full complete service history" :D

You can trust Mityon for the following:

1/ Price gouging on new bikes.

2/ Incompetent mechanics.

3/ Long delays in filling orders.

Better to go somewhere else if you have a choice.

1.) Price gouging. Isn't it like this:

Most Honda customers seem to be like children. The want the newest model (e.g PCX) immediatly. So they look for a dealer who stock their new toy. And they are willing to pay high prices to get it NOW. After a while they cool down and realize that they have paid too much compared to the clever guys who are willing to wait a while. Then they get angry at the shop who sold their dream bike.

2.) Incompetent mechanics.

This is absolutely new for me. Never heard about mechanics "overinflating" tires.

wink.png

For your information I have never bought a new bike from Mityon.

And the four Mityon spanner twirlers (shouldn't call them mechanics) that I went to to fix the pinging problem (CBR250) did this:

1/ Tighten the chain

2/ Tell me to use clean benzene

3/ Showed me a disassembled CBR250 and told me that I needed a new spark plug.

4/ Said "Can't change ignition timing" when asked to put a timing light on the engine to check timing.

I went to a lot of trouble looking up words and translating them into Thai and ensuring my GF knew what I wanted by showing her diagrams of the ignition cycle.

My conclusion is: Buy your bikes and get them serviced somewhere else.