Need Companion For Motorcycle Trip

ugnich

Quote: "About me: girl, 27 y.o., positive, communicable, strong-willed. In good physical shape and with some motorcycle knowledge."

Hello ugnich ... you would do well to ignore the paranoid ramblings evident in this thread.

It is always nice to have a riding companion but you dont need one.

You have everything you need for a safe and successful journey.

Take your time, and the backroads,

Many smiles await you.

What's the bet that TD is going to hit on ugnich soon? biggrin.png

whats the bet you wouldn't even try out of fear and pure pessimism?

you make it out of the house today? its a jungle out there.

are you guys really debating over whos going to try it on first with this girl ? :D

nobody even see her yet ?

strange direction for a thread to go in the bike forum but why not :)

Quote: "About me: girl, 27 y.o., positive, communicable, strong-willed. In good physical shape and with some motorcycle knowledge."

Hello ugnich ... you would do well to ignore the paranoid ramblings evident in this thread.

Many smiles await you.

What's the bet that TD is going to hit on ugnich soon? biggrin.png

whats the bet you wouldn't even try out of fear and pure pessimism?

you make it out of the house today? its a jungle out there.

I won't try it simply because I already have a wife and child and a PCX and a house and a Prius and a CLK ie everything that I could have possibly wished for and more.

open. that bike night is just outside cha am.

at Puk tien beach resort.

it looks like a classic club so lots of C70's etc.

Oh no, why I didn't saw this comment?! Just came back from the center of Cha Am and, of course, didn't saw any bike party. :(

Thank you, everybody, for support and good advices!

Now I will make a list of places I want visit and will draw a route on map.

open. that bike night is just outside cha am.

at Puk tien beach resort.

it looks like a classic club so lots of C70's etc.

Oh no, why I didn't saw this comment?! Just came back from the center of Cha Am and, of course, didn't saw any bike party. sad.png

Thank you, everybody, for support and good advices!

Now I will make a list of places I want visit and will draw a route on map.

ugnich

You can use Google Maps for basic route planning. Here is an example of what you can do with it.

David

Ugnich you need to check legal requirements for taking motorbike across borders, don't just turn up and think that you will be allowed to take a MC without relevent paperwork. It can be a lot of hassle. Also make sure you have insurance.

Good luck and go for it

Ugnich you need to check legal requirements for taking motorbike across borders, don't just turn up and think that you will be allowed to take a MC without relevent paperwork. It can be a lot of hassle. Also make sure you have insurance.

Good luck and go for it

Assuming she owns the bike it's a piece of cake- just get the greenbook translated to English at any Thai DLT office- dirt cheap and can usually be done in less than an hour.

At the border you will need copies of greenbook and passport face and visa pages for immigration and customs. You buy insurance once you cross the border and also get a sticker of your license plate number that has to go on the front of the bike.

It's really quite easy.

Many smiles await you.

I think that has to be the worst advice one could give to a single girl riding alone in another country where she doesn't speak the language:

"Take the backroads" ??????????

Do yourself, the police, hospitals and the rest of us a favour and do NOT take this advice. Stick to the MAIN roads if you must and never drive past dark alone.

You should not give this type of advice especially if you have never traveled the roads she speaks of yourself. Like I say I have many times but with other people.

Might also want to start reading the news about the south and keep in mind that in the Muslim areas a single girl on a bike would be heavily frowen upon.

PS: I would be willing to bet my life he has already sent her a pm. lmao

Ugnich - go for it. A number of women have traveled solo on all continents. They don't let the nay sayers and pessimists ruin their vision. Lois Pryce, google her. She has written a couple books on her experiences. There's lots others - visit the www.horizonsunlimited.com website for more examples, more stories. If you don't find a traveling companion, you'll still have a great experience (plus, no arguments of where to go, what to see, when to do it...).

However, it is fun traveling with others. At the end of the day, its nice to discuss the days sights, the experiences and tribulations. It's when things go wrong when the adventure begins - and you'll remember the days that went wrong long after you've forgotten all the good days.

Your 150 is perfect. Like someone else said, everyone can fix it. And parts are readily available. I'm not even sure I'd carry tire (flat) fixing gear. Heck, there's changers/fixers everywhere, and they'll do it way cheaper than a new manicure would cost (555).

I just got off the bike (a 650 BMW), having spent almost 5 years traveling solo on 5 continents. What an experience, and best thing I ever did in life. (oh, I still ride - a 110cc Honda Click, and I'll get something else in a short while to travel S.E. Asia).

Edited by qdinthailand