Australia's 'Most Wanted Man' Arrested

webfact

Australia's 'most wanted man' arrested

Murder suspect, charged over 2005 death of his cousin, apprehended by police after more than seven years on the run.

NEW SOUTH WALES: -- A murder suspect dubbed Australia's most wanted man, who eluded officials for seven years by hiding out in dense forests, has been captured, police said.

Malcolm Naden, a 38-year-old former slaughterhouse worker, was charged on Thursday with the 2005 strangling death of a cousin and other violent crimes.

Naden was heavily bearded, barefoot and wearing muddy clothes when New South Wales police found him just after midnight at a remote house near the town of Gloucester [more...]

Full story: http://www.aljazeera...5524378284.html

-- Al Jazeera 2012-03-22

footer_n.gif

they must have known he was somewhere in the area

Yes but he is also aboriginal so things had to be conducted differently and treated more sensitively you can't just track down an aboriginal like you would other members of society. There are certain rights afforded to the aboriginal community.

Yes but he is also aboriginal so things had to be conducted differently and treated more sensitively you can't just track down an aboriginal like you would other members of society. There are certain rights afforded to the aboriginal community.

Oh please, what a ludicrous nonsense statement!

Obviously you've never lived in the Northern Territories!!.

Obviously you've never lived in the Northern Territories!!.

I haven't no. But this is New South Wales we are talking about.

Looking at the housing quality in the links, I now have a better idea as to why the Australians behave as they do here in Patong.

I must admit that Thailand's fugitive criminals live in much nicer homes. Still a snob I see.

At the operation briefings it would have been strongly emphasised to the teams that this person was of aboriginal decent and the protocols in dealing with aboriginals would have been reinterated. Police would have also liased with the (ACJP) Aboriginal Community Justice Panel who may have also been in attendance at the briefings or even the scene. (background) to monitor the situation.

Yes when dealing with persons of Aboriginal or Torres Straight Islander decent there is a very different set of guidelines and protocols that are not afforded to other members of the public. I have been in this situation a number of times..

Looking at the housing quality in the links, I now have a better idea as to why the Australians behave as they do here in Patong.

This so called house was nothing more than a hunter/fishers hut, They are scattered all throughout the Australian bush, mainly in the high country area's where trout fishermen and deer hunters go. I guess the Aussies crawling the streets of Patong are still hunters, but they are hunting a different prey, the hairy muffed bargirl and generally stay in budget hotels instead of bush huts.

At the operation briefings it would have been strongly emphasised to the teams that this person was of aboriginal decent and the protocols in dealing with aboriginals would have been reinterated. Police would have also liased with the (ACJP) Aboriginal Community Justice Panel who may have also been in attendance at the briefings or even the scene. (background) to monitor the situation.

Yes when dealing with persons of Aboriginal or Torres Straight Islander decent there is a very different set of guidelines and protocols that are not afforded to other members of the public. I have been in this situation a number of times..

Yeah George its quite plain you know "the Score" ,and could be that Bookmans remarks about Chooka's post being somehow "ludicrous and nonsense"for me just meant that political correctness is very much alive and well even "down under" and speaking or writing the truth is very much frowned upon just in case you "offend" someone ,maybe thats the problem with modern day society Edited by Colin Yai
  • Like 1

Yeah George its quite plain you know "the Score" ,and could be that Bookmans remarks about Chooka's post being somehow "ludicrous and nonsense"for me just meant that political correctness is very much alive and well even "down under" and speaking or writing the truth is very much frowned upon just in case you "offend" someone ,maybe thats the problem with modern day society

Oh please! Lets not cover racist or ignorant comments with the 'politically correct' rebuttal. laugh.png

Firstly, I am one of the last people to be politically correct for the sake of correctness. I am however not prone to make nonsense statements that carry obvious racism towards the aboriginal population.

if George knew the score Colin Yai, the he would know that the ACJP is a Victorian based system, and not New South Wales. He would also know that no murder inquiry is compromised because the alleged offender is of Aboriginal descent.

Of course the Police would have liased with the aboriginal community, in the hope of a speedy resolution. The same as they do for a myriad of ethnic communities in Australia. That is called good policing.

The Police forces across Australian states and territories have a long history of racism and violence and false imprisonment towards persons of Aboriginal descent. It seems prudent, at the minimum, for police to be briefed and reminded of the sensitivities of a major high profile case involving a person of Aboriginal descent, given the very recent history of Australia's Police forces

Times have moved on from twenty years back, and when it comes to Police and the way they deal with the indigenous population of Australia, I for one am thankful they have.

Politically correct? If that's how you view it, so be it. wink.png

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

I'm in oz at the moment and saw an interview with a farmer in the area conducted while the search was on. He was carrying a large bore rifle with telescopic sight, and left little doubt that he was prepared to save the NSW police a lot of time and effort, having had items stolen on several occasions.

"Saw him crossing that paddock, but he was a bit too far away." or something similar. Rapist murderers are not welcome as neighbours whatever their race, even if it is un-PC.

Yeah George its quite plain you know "the Score" ,and could be that Bookmans remarks about Chooka's post being somehow "ludicrous and nonsense"for me just meant that political correctness is very much alive and well even "down under" and speaking or writing the truth is very much frowned upon just in case you "offend" someone ,maybe thats the problem with modern day society

Oh please! Lets not cover racist or ignorant comments with the 'politically correct' rebuttal. laugh.png

Firstly, I am one of the last people to be politically correct for the sake of correctness. I am however not prone to make nonsense statements that carry obvious racism towards the aboriginal population.

if George knew the score Colin Yai, the he would know that the ACJP is a Victorian based system, and not New South Wales. He would also know that no murder inquiry is compromised because the alleged offender is of Aboriginal descent.

Of course the Police would have liased with the aboriginal community, in the hope of a speedy resolution. The same as they do for a myriad of ethnic communities in Australia. That is called good policing.

The Police forces across Australian states and territories have a long history of racism and violence and false imprisonment towards persons of Aboriginal descent. It seems prudent, at the minimum, for police to be briefed and reminded of the sensitivities of a major high profile case involving a person of Aboriginal descent, given the very recent history of Australia's Police forces

Times have moved on from twenty years back, and when it comes to Police and the way they deal with the indigenous population of Australia, I for one am thankful they have.

My comment was not meant to be racist and in fact I can't see any racist tone in it. Yes the ACJP was a Victorian initiative and a model that has been adopted across the states and territories. I attended meetings with various aboriginal liason officers from different state police. As it is part of my job I do have some idea of what is going on even tho in your opinion it is nonsence. I may not agree with you but you are entitled to an opinion.

• Like 1

Just pointing out Bookman that Chooka's post was (IMHO) neither "ludicrous or nonsense" but based on fact which you contested ,but no big deal cos as George says you are entitled to your opinion just the same as Chooka is.coffee1.gif Edited by Colin Yai

Quite so. There is always trouble these days using facts if they don't follow the PC premise that all groups should be treated as if they behave according to universal norms. I read for instance that the incidence of domestic violence in Aboriginal communities is fifty (50) times greater than in the ethnic Caucasian population. There are many reasons for this, indeed out of all groups the Aboriginals probably experienced the greatest culture shock encountering western civilization as essentially stone age hunter gatherers. They had no alcohol in their culture, which caused massive problems when they encountered it, but the fact remains nevertheless.

There is a huge difference between recognizing what may contribute to behavioral problems and denying they exist, and yes the historical treatment of the aborigines was not good, but it is equally wrong to overcompensate by taking things too far the other way.

• Like 1