7 Year Car Test

daveb1

When you go to renew the rego of your car you can have it done opposite the DLT office in Pattaya.

Get there early, drop it with the guys while going for breakfast at the shophouses out front, pick up paperwotk and head into DLT for your rego renewal and be finished and in the pub by lunchtime.

I like to go in the afternoon, show up around 1:45 to 2pm. Maximum have been 2 people in front of me, usually just drive up and have them do the inspection immediately.

The inspection takes just a few minutes, they check the frame and engine numbers, emission, breaks and sometimes that the lights are working.

Afterwards head in to the head office for compulsory insurance and paying the tax. In the afternoon there aren’t many there, so will take around 10 minutes to do this.

Last time I was out at the LTO the inspection station was closed, this was in December. Anyone know if they have opened again?

Otherwise there are a few shops along Sukhumvit that will do the inspection for you as well. Let me know if you need their locations.

I wouldn't do it at Pattaya.

Anywhere else. THere are usually inspection stations near or opposite.

They will look at your car then drive across to the drive thru kiosk to pay your tax - allow 30 min to 1 hour for the lot.

You'll be back for breakfast