Children Flying To Uk With British Father Without Thai Mother

I am flying to the UK this week with my 2 daughters. They both have Thai & British Passports..

Is there anything in need from the mother to say it is ok for them to go with me ?

So am i right in believing that they both go out on Thai PPs, arrive in LHW with Brit PPs, then on the way out depart on British PPs and then bac into Thailand with they're Thai PPs ??

any info will be greatly accepted, HR

Photocopy of mums ID card, with a note from her on it, saying you can take the kids to the UK alone, signed and dated and her phone number.

You might want to take the Birth certificates, or photocopies, but you don't have to have them.

The first time they leave Thailand their Birth Certificate Number is entered in the PP, or was for me and after 5 minute interview they did not ask for the letter from the thing that gave birth to her

and her Thai PP was expired so she has entered Thailand on her Brit PP, 3 times now and no problem

Photocopy of mums ID card, with a note from her on it, saying you can take the kids to the UK alone, signed and dated and her phone number.

You might want to take the Birth certificates, or photocopies, but you don't have to have them.

Don't know where you have that from. I've flown out of Thailand multiple times with our daughter, who also has one

Thai and one non-Thai passport, and never had to show anything other than my daughter and mine passport.

Incidentally I did ask the same question as the OP before flying out the first time and the response I got from members who's knowledge in this matter I would trust, matched my own experience.

(http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/416092-single-parent-departing-thailand-with-thai-child/page__fromsearch__1)

I.e., nothing special required on the Thai-side, but don't know about the British side. If something is required on the

British side, I imagine it would be something else than a copy of the Thai ID card though, which I doubt is

recognized in Britain.

Don't know where you have that from. I've flown out of Thailand multiple times with our daughter, who also has one

Thai and one non-Thai passport, and never had to show anything other than my daughter and mine passport.

Incidentally I did ask the same question as the OP before flying out the first time and the response I got from members who's knowledge in this matter I would trust, matched my own experience.

(http://www.thaivisa....__fromsearch__1)

I.e., nothing special required on the Thai-side, but don't know about the British side. If something is required on the

British side, I imagine it would be something else than a copy of the Thai ID card though, which I doubt is

recognized in Britain.

There are lots of things you are supposed to do in Thailand, but officials never bother about.

Usually you can get away with it, sometimes you can't, would be a shame to lose the cost of two tickets because you didn't bother.

As for the British side, not your problem if they can't read Thai, up to them to find a translator, that's the British way.

New regulations require that the non-traveling parent gives permisison for a parent alone traveling with children. Checks regarding this are now more often, especially if the last name of the parent traveling doesn't match the last name of the child(ren).

As said:

- birth certificate

- note from other parent giving permisison, with contatc details

- signed copy of other parents ID-card

Op is correct about the passports, at check-in at airline show both passports, so the ailine knows no visa is required. At the airport you can join the children at the Thai immigration lines.

The first time they leave Thailand their Birth Certificate Number is entered in the PP, or was for me and after 5 minute interview they did not ask for the letter from the thing that gave birth to her

and her Thai PP was expired so she has entered Thailand on her Brit PP, 3 times now and no problem

A Thai national cannot leave Thailand on an expired Thai passport but a Thai national can enter on an expired Thai passport. Having entered on a British passport she is curently subject to immirgation rules regarding extensions of stay, 90 day reports etc. (But will not be fined for non-complience while under 14 years old).

(http://www.thaivisa....__fromsearch__1)

recognized in Britain.

There are lots of things you are supposed to do in Thailand, but officials never bother about.

Usually you can get away with it, sometimes you can't, would be a shame to lose the cost of two tickets because you didn't bother.

Yes, that is obviously true. Perhaps I've just been lucky then? First time we exited Thailand alone I made sure mother accompanied us to the airport in case there should be any problem, but have not thought about it since.

Not sure when the new regulations Mario2008 refers to came about. Last time I travelled with my daughter was four months ago, but as you say, rules may or may not be enforced, and perhaps my daughter and I having the same surname helps things too.