Cost Of Operation In Thailand

Bintang

HI,

My wife is concidering a hemroid operation in Thailand later this year.

Just wondering if anyone could offer any advice as to the cost in baht we'd could expect to pay. And any other things we may need to consider.

We'd be looking at getting it done in Bangkok.

Appericate any info you'd be kind enough to share.

Bintang :o:D

Guest IT Manager

The cost would be 87 baht. The suggestion from the doctor included marrying a Jomtien Cane cutter because the Sh1t involved in that makes piles impossible.

:o

You could try for a quote direct froma hospital such as Bangkok Nursing Home Hospital - they have a good website www.bnhhospital.com/ or you could try to look up Bumrungrad Hospitals website. Both are good hospitals. Medical procedures are a huge export earner for Thailand. People come here fromall over the world to get things done as it is cheaper and the doctors are qualified mainly in the US, Australia and UK.

My dentist is at BNH hopsital. Never faulted and cheap by 2/3's !!

gees I dont like the idea of having a piles operation !! My mate went to BNH for a injection to stop a haemorhoid up his arse....he couldnt sit for a day or two...ouch !! They injected straight into the vein which was threatening to pop out of his arse......it was quite funny on the way home afterwards......I went with him for moral support and ended up laughing at him all the way home..great mate mam I........but he had to stand so we had to take buses....with me in fits of laughter. :o

You could try for a quote direct froma hospital such as Bangkok Nursing Home Hospital - they have a good website www.bnhhospital.com/ or you could try to look up Bumrungrad Hospitals website. Both are good hospitals. Medical procedures are a huge export earner for Thailand. People come here fromall over the world to get things done as it is cheaper and the doctors are qualified mainly in the US, Australia and UK.

My dentist is at BNH hopsital. Never faulted and cheap by 2/3's !!

gees I dont like the idea of having a piles operation !! My mate went to BNH for a injection to stop a haemorhoid up his arse....he couldnt sit for a day or two...ouch !! They injected straight into the vein which was threatening to pop out of his arse......it was quite funny on the way home afterwards......I went with him for moral support and ended up laughing at him all the way home..great mate mam I........but he had to stand so we had to take buses....with me in fits of laughter. :D

Hi Ned Kelly,

Thanks for the laugh as well as the the infomation.

We have decided to get the operation done here in Australia.

My wife goes in next Tuesday has a one night stay then out for 2-3 weeks recovery

at home. we thought it best to get it done here as what she needs is rather minor

and with luck all should be OK.

We have private health insurance and never used it so thought it best to get the operation done here, so if there are any follow up treatment they will be aware of all the steps taken. The other reason there would not be much chance of recovering with

the family at home.

I'l pick her up in the car if need be I intend to put her on the roof.

No standing room in the car....... :o:D

Thanks again for your time and the information........

Will keep it in mind for the future.

Bintang1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just had a serious operation and it cost me nothing. It cost 56,000 baht

I joined AIA a medical insurance they payed for it all including VIP room. I tell you say what you want ,but they were marverlious they saved my life. I had Cancer.

Please do contact AIA

Dear Dusty: My guess is that you are not over 60. I tried to get AIA health insurance and was told I was too old. Blupha as well.

I am self insured for health insurance rather than pay the British company that offers world wide coverage for 12k a month. In a couple of years of saving that amount, I will have more than enough to cover any contingency in the health area in Thailand.

Any other over sixty reader have insurance issued in Thailand that is any different than the foregoing. I would appreciate hearing about it. P.S. I am as healthy as a horse.