Infrastructure Nanthon To Hau Thanon

I've driven around the island twice in the last week and could not help but notice that the road between, Nanthon and Hau Thanon (AKA Muslim Village) is being set up with what looks like good drainage pipes and black water pipe.... is being done before one would think they black top the whole section... ?

From the looks of it, getting it right... ! wink.png

It's also good to see that they are building quite a number that I have seen on some of the side roads, very large cement water holding tanks, for periods of drought. They are not always obvious but I have probably seen 1/2 a dozen here and there....

Then too, there are quite a number of new higher electrical power lines being installed..... ohmy.png and lines being re wired.... Wow!

That's not just on the section of road mentioned, but on quite a number of Soi's....around the island.... THEN TOO... cementing a number of roads going into the centre of the island.... Progress!

I now this might bring a few cynical comments...saai.gifit's not all going to happen over night.... but going in the right direction.... thumbsup.gif

Hehe...oh dear Jimmy....! laugh.png

but Big C did incorrectly spell Jimmy's spelling mistake lol

He was just confirming it was him!

I think....giggle.gif

ahh i see, dont want Miss Big C posting on his behalf !, but i think if he ever posted about Lamui and called in Lamai, his account must be hacked !

Ha ha.... biggrin.png well if one drives through just about any place here, you invariably see several ways a spelling place names! ...(many other things too .... like a cleese sandwich... sounds delicious!!) but that is part of the fun living in Thailand, trying to decipher words... ohmy.png

So those who are confused or don't get out much .... it could be..... Nanthon, Nanthong or Nanton.... tongue.png Although Nanthong generally seems to refer the the Nanthong Marine Park Islands....coffee1.gif

Ha ha.... biggrin.png well if one drives through just about any place here, you invariably see several ways a spelling place names! ...(many other things too .... like a cleese sandwich... sounds delicious!!) but that is part of the fun living in Thailand, trying to decipher words... ohmy.png

So those who are confused or don't get out much .... it could be..... Nanthon, Nanthong or Nanton.... tongue.png Although Nanthong generally seems to refer the the Nanthong Marine Park Islands....coffee1.gif

You mean Angthong marine park? rolleyes.gif

I think I'm loosing it. Are we talking about Samoi?

Reminds me of a story my friend told me after he had dinner with folks in Phuket. He was sitting next to a 'Colonel Blimp' type. When he told the colonel that he had driven to Phuket from Samui, the Colonel said "Bluddy long way what? Drive all that way - must have taken a long time! Bluddy good rugby chappies though."

Samoi Samoa - same same giggle.gif . OK I have definitely lost it. sorry.gifofftopic.gif

(With thanks to SM for the story)

• Like 1

....when my wife referred to "Mr Roy" when talking about Manchester United a few years ago I naturally assumed she meant Irish International Roy Kean. The Penny eventually dropped when it dawned on me that she was actually refering to his Dutch team mate Ruud Van "Mr Roy" :)

• Like 2

That's not just on the section of road mentioned, but on quite a number of Soi's....around the island..

Not my soi...naturally ... :/

Yes, it appears that something is being done, but let's wait and see how it all comes together. They put in drains near Lamai, and the grate situation is legendary (not to mention putting the drains on the high camber side of the road where most of the water does not run...).

But as you point out, it is a step in the right direction.

That's not just on the section of road mentioned, but on quite a number of Soi's....around the island..

Yes, it appears that something is being done, but let's wait and see how it all comes together. They put in drains near Lamai, and the grate situation is legendary (not to mention putting the drains on the high camber side of the road where most of the water does not run...).

Still waiting for a concrete road as well. You must see the logic in putting drains on the wrong side of a camber, less work for the Tesaban to clear them every 5 years.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

You mean Angthong marine park? rolleyes.gif

Well at least I am getting a good chuckle out of this.... cheesy.gif

I realized on my way to Nanthon - Nanton or as one other sign says Ban Na Thon today, .... you know,..... that town on the west side of the island....!!!!

that some signs do say Anthong Marine park.... how could I have missed that....???? w00t.gif

And to be corrected by Mr Big C the authority on English Spelling, is quite an honour! rolleyes.gifcheesy.gif

And then Mr Rooo loosing it.....OMG!!!! I thought he lost it a long time ago.... well.... his hair anyway .... biggrin.png

I guess we'll see which side of the road the poodles sit..... when we do get a good rain,........ perhaps that is why they will do the tarmac last.... to adjust the camber biggrin.pngrolleyes.gif

I guess we'll see which side of the road the poodles sit..... when we do get a good rain,........ perhaps that is why they will do the tarmac last.... to adjust the camber biggrin.png rolleyes.gif

Well that all depends, if you driving up the road or down the road.

• Like 1

Let's also not mention that the parallel bars of every odd grate is oriented parallel to the road, as opposed to perpendicular to the road, which really can be scary for us cyclists!

I guess we'll see which side of the road the poodles sit..... when we do get a good rain,........ perhaps that is why they will do the tarmac last.... to adjust the camber biggrin.png rolleyes.gif

Nah, surely it is just simpler to shift the bl##dy poodles to the other side of the road? Facing a direction we all know how to spell?

Edited by itishothere

Nah, surely it is just simpler to shift the bl##dy poodles to the other side of the road? Facing a direction we all know how to spell?

At last someone's talking some sense!

R

maybe easier just to re write the english language or a new version for Expats on Smaui. The dictionary shall write itself just follow my words. The i could be called the Big_DIC ? lol

At last someone's talking some sense!

R

Care full or u shall confuse dog rescue and they shall be scouting the tarmac all night inspecting dumpled poodles