Buying Itunes Cards

Somtamnication

If you try to purchase one from the Thai Apple store, you'll find that they aren't offered in Thailand. If you get a US gift card, you can still use it for your US itunes account, but not for a Thai itunes account.

"Gift Cards and Certificates are valid for use only in the country in which they were purchased. Only residents of the U.S may redeem gift certificates purchased in the U.S."

Source:

http://store.apple.com/us/help/gifting#cards

Mine is a UK account. I suppose should pay premium price from a UK store. These apple people really make it difficult for everyone.

I have a US and a Thai iTunes account. For the Thai one I used my Thai address and a Bangkok Bank debit card. For the US account I used my US address and Bank of America credit card. Not too difficult. But there aren't as many apps available from the Thai store as the US store. If you have a problem, call Apple. They helped me set up my Thai account.

What I was able to do, was go to a UK site that sells cards like these. Quite inexpensive, only .88p above retail price. I used my Thai based cc and I got it within 5 minutes, via email. Worked very very well.

Other sites charge 3-4 dollars or pounds above retail. If anyone wants the site name, pm me.