Doha Airport Duty Free

yermanee

Since February this year it is now possible to buy duty-free in both terminals ( main and premium) paying with q-miles.

Since I always fly business-class and the routes I fly don't have 1st class I am unable to use my miles for upgrades, and I don't fly frequently enough to save enough miles for free business-class tickets before they expire.

Etihad has this option for several years now and I have bought some very nice items with my miles in the past.

Now to my question : have any of you used this option at Doha and if so what was the approx. monetary value of let's say 1.000 miles.

I'm in for some new quality cabin luggage, since mine is nearly falling apart after many, many years of good service.

Thanks beforehand.

Yermanee jap.gif

Does anyone know? I got an email from Qatar about this but details were minimal. Curious what the 'rate' is and if the miles can be used on booze, which is fairly cheap at Doha duty free.

The way I understand it, is that the whole array of products at the duty free is available.

I still would like to know before I fly in May what the going rate for 1000 Miles is.

Yermaneejap.gif

Does anyone know? I got an email from Qatar about this but details were minimal. Curious what the 'rate' is and if the miles can be used on booze, which is fairly cheap at Doha duty free.

The way I understand it, is that the whole array of products at the duty free is available.

I still would like to know before I fly in May what the going rate for 1000 Miles is.

Yermaneejap.gif

I did get a reply to my query from Qatar Airways.

Seems monetary value of the miles is not fixed.

Depends on brand, item and level of membership. Gold members get extra rebate.

So that effectively answers my questions without answering anything.

Yermaneejap.gif

Edited by yermanee

Yermaneejap.gif

I fly on the 20th of May and have a lot of miles left.I could not find any remark on their website.If you get news please pm me.

I fly on the 20th of May and have a lot of miles left.I could not find any remark on their website.If you get news please pm me.

I fly on the 9th. Will note the miles required for some items and post here.

Anything in particular ?

Yermanee jap.gif

Anything in particular ?

Yermanee jap.gif

small elctronic devices like a dictaphone,or small leather bag.

Anything in particular ?

Yermanee jap.gif

That's pretty vague as a discription especially the leather bag. What kind of bag ?

Name me one specific item and I'll see what I can do ok ?

Yermanee jap.gif

Anything in particular ?

Yermanee jap.gif

That's pretty vague as a discription especially the leather bag. What kind of bag ?

Name me one specific item and I'll see what I can do ok ?

Yermanee jap.gif

a dictaphone size of a normal handy.ladys handbag,

• 1 month later...

a dictaphone size of a normal handy.ladys handbag,

Have PM'd you day before yesterday.

For others who might be interested the monetairy value is as follows : 54 Miles = 1 Qatari Ryal

Yermanee wai.gif

Thanks