Help For Imports Of Motorcycle In Parts.

dagling

Does anyone know what you have to pay in import tax of a motorcycle that will be brought in to Thailand in parts from another Asian country?

Do I need to have a registrar company in Thailand for doing this?

The bike I want to import is a Norton 16H 1943, 500cc. 100% restored and in mint condition. How much do you think a bike like this is worth in Thailand? The bayer in Thailand will have the bike with Invoice and tax paper, Greenbook can be arranged.

post-84957-0-55587700-1333013263_thumb.j

"Does anyone know what you have to pay in import tax of a motorcycle that will be brought in to Thailand in parts from another Asian country?" To be perfectly honest with you, and this is from experience, the cost to bring it in will be whatever Customs thinks it's worth, how much they think they can gouge out of you and if anyone in the Customs Department wants your bike you'll never see it again. Importation of a used bike and used parts is not legal. Ah you say, you have a way around all of this. Maybe so but it won't be cheap.

No its not illigal as long as you can pay the duties and taxes. I believe that is case by case basis. Look around here on this forum there was someone who imported a enfield from India in parts but cannot remember his name.