Khao Lak

Sydneycraig

Khao lak lagunna. Nice hotel, 5 mins walk into the centre of khao lak, where there are a few places to eat, and get a beer. A good italian on the right as you get near the end of the centre. If you carry on past this area, about 5 mins drive, there is another area where you can get a drink / food. Beaches are great, very quite. There are a few waterfalls in the area, but i've not been to any of them, so cant comment. Last time we stayed at lagunna, it was about 1300 thb. Google it. Nice place all in all.

Khao Lak in low season easily offers the best Value-for-money rooms in the kingdom.

Last year I stayed at KHAO LAK ORIENTAL for just 900 THB a night (room only).

that was a brand-new room which I would rate 4,5 stars, free wired internet, a fantastic Pool, and no kids allowed (probably due to elevated wooden walkways between the buildings from those kids could easily fall into the Pool).

sadly, this year they don't offer it so cheap anymore, but still great value. check the reviews to learn more (of the agoda customers, for example).

Khao Lak in low season is very quiet, but not in a depressing way..... just pleasant and laid back. some establishments are closed, but enough places to eat or have a drink and be marry....

plan to go there again as I need to do some creative work in June....

My website, which you can access by clicking on my "name", gives a lot of general info about Khao Lak, scroll down till you see the header in red "What to do in Khao Lak". As far as accomodation is concerned, just driving around and taking a look here and there, you'll find something that suits you soon enough. they all have vacancy now. Be aware that Khao Lak is very much spread out, coming from Phuket first comes the original Ban Khao Lak just before the road goes uphill, and then past the hill Nang Tong Beach, 3 KM further north Bang Niang Beach, and again 20 KM further north Bang Sak Beach. All of these beaches have plenty of accomodation possibilities.

Edited by keestha

Just got back... Stayed at the heritage hotel @ 800 a night ... Nice but not in the mix if no scooter... Monkey bar was the only lively place with live music... Good fun... Rode lots of places ... 800kms total... Many dead ends, crap waterfalls , closed park... But saw a lot of cool stuff too...