Broadband Dramas

I've made do with an Edge connection for the last couple of years as I finally got cheesed off with my landline connection dropping out especially during heavy rain.

What surprised me was TOT admitting their phonelines in the village were old and not up to the job.

What didn't surprise me was their admission that there was no possibility the situation would improve.

Oh well, my AIS plan saves me a few hundred bht a month and is far more reliable if a little slower.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

My neighbours TOT was down for 4 days last week....

"May we borrow your CAT-CDMA modem.... again ..... please" ......rolleyes.gifannoyed.gif

CAT occasionally gets slow, but I don't remember a time when it has been totally down.... in nearly three years now....shock1.gifthumbsup.gif

I'm with TOT

Just got back online about an hour ago, have had no interweb for more than 24 hours.

When I rang up yesterday they told me there was a problem (brilliant) in my area and a technician was working on it now.

I will be changing to 3BB I reckon.

My neighbours TOT was down for 4 days last week....

"May we borrow your CAT-CDMA modem.... again ..... please" ......rolleyes.gifannoyed.gif

CAT occasionally gets slow, but I don't remember a time when it has been totally down.... in nearly three years now....shock1.gifthumbsup.gif

Yep I'd agree with that, on the odd occasion it has been a little slow but most of the time it is awesome, Streaming live sports, no lagging, happy bob thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I've been using CAT CDMA for about 18 months now, and up until the latest bout of power cuts this week its always been fine. However this week, after about an hour of no power, the signal slowly dies, from 4 bars, to 1 bar, to none. Anybody any idea why this could be? Maybe the towers that are emitting the signals are losing power?

I've been using CAT CDMA for about 18 months now, and up until the latest bout of power cuts this week its always been fine. However this week, after about an hour of no power, the signal slowly dies, from 4 bars, to 1 bar, to none. Anybody any idea why this could be? Maybe the towers that are emitting the signals are losing power?

Mine did slow down a couple of times last week.... but that could be from elsewhere on the internet highway.... ? .... or being over used because of the neighbours using it !!!!unsure.png

I have mine on a lead hanging in the window, that seems to help .... most of the time.... less cut out from concrete walls .... I think!

I'm with TOT

Just got back online about an hour ago, have had no interweb for more than 24 hours.

When I rang up yesterday they told me there was a problem (brilliant) in my area and a technician was working on it now.

I will be changing to 3BB I reckon.

if

you are living around the ghost road it is normal, an incident happened on many cables, CAT, PEA, TOT, 3BB and Samui cable worked all day long yesterday to repair the damages caused by the fire.

Just changed to TOT Fiber, live in Lipa-Noi and TOT was always down, TOT admitted that our area had %#@K7 lines.

Change over was FREE, painless and since installation have only had 2 signal losses and both less than 1 minute. Download is 12 meg, from a good download site, upload 1 meg. Satisfied but only had 4 days, we will see, I have 3BB as a back up!

Now if the powers in Bangkok would leave the servers alone things just mite work well for a while.

The price is 1,500 baht a month, well worth it if it keeps working like it is now.

Just an installation note, the fiber cable they use is outdoor, "hang it in the pole" type with a steel messenger, this cable is sturdy and designed to be in the sun and rain, they will offer to put the cable in conduit for you, no need, just don't put a nail through the cable and dont bend it to sharply. They did the complete installation fast and efficently, good on ya TOT.