Stolen Motorcycle Found

option a

he gets convicted and sentence then gets out.

option B

you settle out of court to drop the charges. give them a high price and you life shall be enhanced. the person shall make bail anyway and could be years before they go for sentencing.

what would u prefer 150 k and someone that u cannot see in jail.

or no no money and someone u never see in jail.

I would put the price us high as possible as what is the price for freedome but rememeber if he makes bail then your case may drift away...................

At first I suspected the security guards so now I am relieved that they weren't part of it.

I am not sure how you can know this with certainty. At the very least I would waterboard them to find out what they really know.

I am pretty sure you can get disc locks on Samui. Anyone know for sure?

I think you have to chain the bike to something more or less immovable to be perfectly safe. A tree, a telephone pole, the grandfather rock...something like that.

Question: Can bolt cutters obtainable on Samui cut any chain obtainable on Samui?

Buy a tie down chain or thick chain. The goal is to make it difficult for the theif to steal the bike.

Is it possible to roll the bike inside the house or a covered area? Many of my neighbors will place their motorbike inside their room. The way our room is designed, there are steps to the covered area. I've thought about making it a ramp, and then at night just rolling the bike inside.

Final Update: The police called us this morning and said that we needed to come get the motorcycle and the parts to it. They said that nobody was available to put it back together. My wife said we could argue with the police but she wouldn't recommend it. When we went to get the bike, who was there as proud as could be, the thief. So, now it is sitting in another shop where it is being assembled and I will of course get the bill.

So I take back my glowing respect for the Thai Police. Once again, amazing Thailand!

only just read this quote so i was right. but it is too late

unless you have a pad locked garage, with security, if a somebody wants to , they will steal your bike !, there is a few lock smiths on the ISland who can make an exact repilica of the key for your bike in 10 mins !!!, i know they have done for my bike when i have lost the keys !, padlocks can also be easily picked, hacked...

By the way, regarding locks for disc brakes, any padlock will work if you get the loop the right size. I can use a Master padlock (combination) on my big bike. Much better than having yet another key on the chain too.

But padlocks don't scream at 120db, scaring the bejeezus out of anybody around when someone tries to tamper with it!

Just need a truck and 2,3 people jump out the truck bike goes in the back then off it goes. Bikes are so easy

True, if someone really wants your bike, it's gone; but you can sure as hell make it as difficult as possible! Especially if you're out somewhere such as Tesco, and you can't lock it inside (or chain your Rottie to it) - one of these with one of these would certainly make someone look elsewhere for their prey.

Don't think prevention, think deterrent...

I had the top of the range xena lock with alarm. The problem was the alarm would go off in the middle of the night for no reason at all. In the end I took the battery out. Also, the alarm can be silenced very easily, put your thumb over it, or wet tissue paper. It's a good deterrent.

I went to the hardware shop in Lipa yai,opposite Cars 4 you. I wanted to buy a big heavy duty chain and padlock for my new kayak. I planned to lock it to a concrete post. I picked a thick looking chain and asked the cut to cut me a 1.5M length. (950THB) His Burmese staff came over with a big pair of bolt cutters and cut this length for me.

After seeing this i wasn't sure if i still wanted it, for obvious reasons. I asked the guy if he had a bigger/thicker style which couldn't be cut through. He smiled and said "Dat di mot loi" "I can cut through anything..." So i baught this and a big padlock anyway.

A couple of months later i went down to my kayak with my key to unlock the padlock. However the padlock had got too much sea water in it and after a few attempts of force by me and some locals, the key just started to spin in the lock.

Long story short, after a 5 minute wait one of the fishermen came back on his bike with one of those 25M extension cable reels and a small angle grinder. Within 60 seconds, the huge heavy duty padlock was off and the fisherman was waiting for his beer.

After this i just went back to the shop baught the same padlock again, along with a can of sonex oil.

I've come to the conclusion that if they want it, they'll take it.

• Like 1

By the way, regarding locks for disc brakes, any padlock will work if you get the loop the right size. I can use a Master padlock (combination) on my big bike. Much better than having yet another key on the chain too.

But padlocks don't scream at 120db, scaring the bejeezus out of anybody around when someone tries to tamper with it!

Just need a truck and 2,3 people jump out the truck bike goes in the back then off it goes. Bikes are so easy

True, if someone really wants your bike, it's gone; but you can sure as hell make it as difficult as possible! Especially if you're out somewhere such as Tesco, and you can't lock it inside (or chain your Rottie to it) - one of these with one of these would certainly make someone look elsewhere for their prey.

Don't think prevention, think deterrent...

The y seem to steel to order. i know someone that had her bike parked next to another new bike but different model. her sterring lock was on and the bike that was not stolen sterring lock was off.

yet they nicked her bike.

Easy to snap a sterring lock 2 or 3 people can do it then you see the thais driving down the road pushing a bike from another bike they just do that until they are savely away.

makes people wonder next time u see someone doing that have a look to see if the keys are in the bike.

u can cut through anythig in seonds if u have the right tools. like i said allot of bike are stolen to oder and cars.

depends on the theif if the theif is professional he can nick anything with easy no matter how much security. if just someone steeling for fun the chaces are uour bike shall turn up later

u can cut through anythig in seonds if u have the right tools. like i said allot of bike are stolen to oder and cars.

depends on the theif if the theif is professional he can nick anything with easy no matter how much security. if just someone steeling for fun the chaces are uour bike shall turn up later

basically if the person nicking the bike is a bit a bit a of gezzer then u r f+ED

Speaking of the Honda PCX, the new price compared with what it was when the bike was first released is much higher. Almost 10,000 baht more if memory serves. I asked the dealer in the Honda shop in Nathon why this was, and she said that they were popular and people will pay what they ask. And she said many buyers were from Vietnam and sending them over there.

Usually the price settles a bit after an introduction but not with the PCX.

I wonder what bike is the prime target for thieves?

Speaking of the Honda PCX, the new price compared with what it was when the bike was first released is much higher. Almost 10,000 baht more if memory serves. I asked the dealer in the Honda shop in Nathon why this was, and she said that they were popular and people will pay what they ask. And she said many buyers were from Vietnam and sending them over there.

Usually the price settles a bit after an introduction but not with the PCX.

I wonder what bike is the prime target for thieves?

The new PCX is 150cc compared to the old one that was 125cc

i have found an effecctive way of dealing with criminals. i know a group of proffessional ticklers.. they go round tickkling people until they repay the debt. going up and down the country armed with feathers and other secret tools.

there is only so much tickling a man can take till he brakes.

infact are they alloud to tickle in UFC or MMA.

thaat would make me laught someone tappy due to laughingt too much

• 3 weeks later...