Re:Baggage Allowance

PaYaiLen

Going to the US in June - need to get from Khon Kaen to Bangkok and want to fly - Thai Air only choice. In Bangkok we

have tickets to the US with Delta. Thai Airline is telling me that I can only take 20 Kilo of baggage because it is a domestic

flight. Is what she is saying correct. In the US when you are connecting to an international flight that weight allowance is

what governs how much you can take. Prefer not having to take a 6 hour taxi ride to the airport. Thanks

Delta makes it somewhat complicated: http://www.buntersfoodsbkk.com/

If you're flying Economy with no FF points, it's just 23 kg for your free checked bag, and $60 for another checked bag.

My sister & brother in law were just over here from PDX, Delta's handy that way, but they said it's the last time, next trip it'll be EVA or one of the other Asian lines with two free bags.

Mac

Domestic with Thai Airlines is indeed 20 Kg.

Since your domestic ticket is separate from your international ticket (other airline) you're out of luck.

Yermanee jap.gif

IME TG regularly accept 30 kgs, on a Domestic Economy-ticket CNX-BKK-CNX, if you're connecting with another airline for an onward/inbound international-flight. For example if it's another Star-Alliance carrier & you have a ff-card allowing you to load more hold-luggage.

licklips.gif Just booked a United Airlines flight back to the U.S. and their luggage allowance in Economy is clearly stated as:

ONE checked bag....23 Kg max .......and

ONE carry-on bag which must fit in the overhead luggage racks.

They were announcing this last June (2011) as pending....so I guesss it's been in efffect since July 2011.

And if you carry a computer or ladies, if you carry a purse, that IS your ONE BAG carry-on luggage.

United aLso states that if a flight is overwieght and it becomes necessary to limit passenger baggage for that reason, the Economy class passengers will have their baggage removed first.

This is for international flights...i.e. to Bangkok from the U.S.

Not sure about Delta, but those of you who travel often better get used to such rules...because the days of "two bags per passenger" are soon to be gone for good.

Fuel costs they claim to be the reason....and passengers pay for their travel...baggage doesn't pay it's own way.

licklips.gif

Just returned on UAL / code share with ANA (all nippon);

UAL- economy class without any premium card silver, gold etc; is 23 kilo or 50lbs (one luggage only)

ANA- part of the same ticket allowed 2 luggage 23kilo x 2 which was a bit strange but I only took ONE luggage.

For Delta, I flew with them 6 month ago and I believe it was only One luggage at 20 kilo or 45lbs.

I think the asian airlines offer better luggage benefits + adult beverages versus the american carriers.

DL charges for a second bag, you can buy TG business class which would allow you up to 30 kilos on the domestic sector.

http://www.iflybags.com/

Thanks, had a look at that and 23kgs with BA, Bangkok - London (LHR) economy, any pointers on hand luggage allowance.

Looked at BA website & found it a bit confusing. plus first trip back to UK in 3 years now so imagine its all different at Heathrow/Swampy etc!