Farmers/Caretakers Wanted...

samsiam

We are looking for a couple to live and take care of a property we have, but do not live on.

They need to have experience in gardening, keeping a garden and fruit field neat, tidy and healthy.

Some vege growing experience would also be good, but not essential.

We have a caretakers room on the property.

It is 7 rai and has a river on it, lovely spot.

If anyone knows of anyone that could be interested, please let us know.

The property is Nakon Nayok.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Sam

Are you still looking for gardeners / caretakers for your property? If so, my Thai wife, Bee, and I are interested.

Bee is an excellent housekeeper and gardener, and she wants to learn more about farming.

I enjoy the outdoors, and I have grown vegies with my parents.

I have lived in N Thaland for 9 years and we have been together as a couple for nearly 4 years.

If you will consider our application, can you email some photos and more info to us?

Best wishes

Philip

I have watched this post for weeks to see what would happen. I have no idea of the details but to me the concept is great. There are many people here who have acquired property but cannot work it themselves. There are also many people who wish to live the dream without the means or are just looking to catch a breathe.

Not Shangrila stuff but a simple lifestyle of happiness.

Hope it works.

Today I had a new friend just drop in to help as he had nothing better to do. We didnt achieve much more than I would have by myself but had a great day.

• Like 1

Joe...the issue is a foreigner would not do the work involved for thai wages.....

7 rai and taking care of it is a lot of hard and hot work. even with a river to cool off in.

Then there is the vege growing issue, if no experience.....well.

Joe...the issue is a foreigner would not do the work involved for thai wages.....

7 rai and taking care of it is a lot of hard and hot work. even with a river to cool off in.

Pay peanuts you get monkeys!!

Pay peanuts you get monkeys!!

Pay thai wages and you get thai employees.

Would expect someone to pay 30k baht a week to match western standard wages ??....on a farm.....that makes no income ??

Obviously this offer is not based on western wages. It is the opportunity that is the attraction. All of us that are hands on involved know that the returns are tiny and it is often just hard work. For those who dream of giving it a go here, this is the perfect chance to experience it without spending the money first. See just how hard it is physical and how hard marketing and the rest is ontop of that.

Look at the training based co-operatives here, people pay to come and gain experience. There are those type of people about who value the experience above the reward and will even pay for it.

I have a graduate vet student coming for a couple of weeks to gain knowledge on husbandry of pigs. Not a financial transaction but he will teach me things as well.

and that is the kind of person we are looking for...or couple.....but not easy to find thats for sure.

You can say that again, not easy to find. I am 2 or 3 tappers short again and pay 40% cut. Good trees so good money, but no tappers, No one wants to work other than plant their rice for the year. Jim