Pulling Out Of Finance? Possible?

gasman2

Hi all, about 20 days ago I signed a 25% down, 5 yr finance deal on a new Jazz. Im waiting for its delivery promised later this month - when the deposit would also be due. THe problem is that some very unforseen calamities have hit the firm im working for and its looking like we may have to get out of dodge. Is there anyway at this stage to cancel it, or am I best buying it and selling it, or of course there is the undesirable option of doing a bunk. Any ideas are appreciated. TIA

Talk to your dealer, they can help you, maybe as you did not take delivery, you can cancel everything without losing any money. Did you pay a small deposit (5k - 10k ??) when ordering the car ? You could maybe lose that.

Edit: //

I think the finance deal only starts after taking delivery, but maybe more informed members could comment on this ?

Edited by MJCM

I think the finance deal only starts after taking delivery, but maybe more informed members could comment on this ?

This would be true in Canada and elsewhere on the West I would think. If you didn't take the delivery, you can cancel at any time and dealer even supposed to return your deposit (it can be all done without any deposit in Canada by the way).

Not so sure about Thailand. Talking to a dealer may not be a smart move. They won't / may not care about your personal issues and seeing as they're loosing a car sale they may just lie to you telling there is no way back.

You better talk to a lawyer. I don't know if there's any on this site as sponsors (I have ad blocker on my comp so I don't see any), but here is a link to one of them. http://www.sunbeltlegaladvisors.com/

P.S. If yoiu do a runner and never plan to come back to Thailand, that will work, otherwise I wouldn't do it.

you haven't taken delivery. so no finance agreement has started. cancel ASAP talk to the dealer and finance company. YOU will probably lose any deposit but push for its return. The finance company will probably be relieved you had the good sense to cancel. good luck.

• Like 2

you haven't taken delivery. so no finance agreement has started. cancel ASAP talk to the dealer and finance company. YOU will probably lose any deposit but push for its return. The finance company will probably be relieved you had the good sense to cancel. good luck.

I agree, the finance agreement can be cancelled but the deposit and downpayment will be lost as the car has been ordered. It's a very sad situation for the buyer, best of luck.

FYI folks, when leaving any sort of deposit, use your credit card. Dealer has no rights to withhold the deposit should you cancel the deal before taking delivery (as in the OP's case). You can call your CC company and they will reverse the charge. It does not matter if dealer lost something or not ordering the car. It's a brand new car and sooner or later it will be sold or dealt with just like any other vehicle dealer orders (ie for they show room or whatever).

Hi guys thanks for the advice, Ive only paid 5k down with my CC, I dont mind losing that but would need the 180k deposit that I havent paid yet to move out of Thailand. I'll talk to the dealer and see how it goes, cheers

Hi guys thanks for the advice, Ive only paid 5k down with my CC, I dont mind losing that but would need the 180k deposit that I havent paid yet to move out of Thailand. I'll talk to the dealer and see how it goes, cheers

With all this waiting for new cars now you should easy find someone to take it off your hands...ask around who wants a new Jazz...