Best Beaches For Toddlers On Koh Phangan?

Would like a short break on Koh Phangan...i have been looking online for a few weeks now and am more confused than when i started!!

im looking for a hotel or beach bungalow where i can see the sunset and swim in the sea without being near rocks. I dont want to travel around the island this time i just want to escape to a nice beach resort and enjoy some family time. Any tips on hotels/resorts would be fantastic a swimmable beach for toddlers is the only necessity

Thanks in advance

I stayed on Haad Salad beach, Salad Buri Resort. It's on the west side of the island, away from most of the party goers so generally the people here are families and couples. Generally it's a very nice little beach, almost private like but unless you have a scooter it's a bit of a pain to get to the 7/11 down by Haad Yao. I also found sand flies a bit of a pain there but not sure if it's like that every year.

Haad_Salad.jpg

Mae Haad / Ko Ma area good too..... NW corner of KP .

Wang Sai Resort or Island View Cabana, often have parents with toddlers.... wink.png

Neither have swimming pools, but there is a new "higher end" resort that does, if that is a "must have".... I don't know them so cannot recommend if kid friendly!!!! ... I think it's called "Mae Haad Bay Resort".

I stayed on Haad Yao last month with my wife and three year old boy. I'd say it is the best beach for swimming in the sea (calm, warm water, gentle drop off), and many of the beach side resorts have swimming pools nowadays.

Check out the web site for Sandy Bay bungalows, for example, to see what you can get. We stayed up above the beach at High Life, as we have known the family that own the resort for so long, and like their food, service and staff.

We did not book in advance, as we arrived not near full moon, and all resorts had rooms available. You can walk to everything in the bay area 15 minutes, so no need for a scooter or taxis, unless you want to go further afield.

Sunset over the sea was at 6.15pm and we watched most of them with a G & T whilst junior played on the sand.

Hope you have a good break, whatever you decide to do.

Ady

The problem in the reef beaches in the West side of KPG now is that the high tide come mostly nighttime and during the day there is a shallow muddy sea in most of the cited beaches. Haad Yao could be the less muddy but the water inside the reef will be hot like a bathtub.

Better Mae Haad but IMHO less safe for a baby due the reef and some deep area.