Converting Outlook Mac (With Folders) To Pc

EmilyLenton

Hi all,

I've recently changed from a work MAC to a PC and cannot successively convert all of my outlook folders onto my PC. Basic conversion works however this does not allow for sub folders to be successfully copied. Software is available online for 130$US however before I bite the bullet, does anyone have any advice (I have already been to Ploenchit Plaza to no avail).

Cheers

E Lenton

How are you doing the migration? I would have thought you could just export to a PST file (and ensure subfolders are selected) and then import on your PC. However, I don't use a Mac so maybe they store folders differently. Could you export one folder at a time and then import those messages to a new folder?

have exported the files to PST however it does not convert properly. Once Apple has you they make it very difficult to go back to PC basically.... Cheers anyway Mowgus for the reply, looks like going to have to buy the required software after all

Emily, Outlook is a Microsoft product. They are the ones making it so difficult to move from one OS to another, mostly from fear that once people see how much more stable the Mac OSX is, compared to Windows, that people will break the chain of servitude that MS has created!

To answer your question, it depends on what version of Office for Mac. Many of the Microsoft created problems were fixed in the 2011 version, but it's still very difficult convert files created in Office 2003 version and before.