Malasia Airlines

yermanee

According to a local newspaper in my home country, Malaysia Airlines no longer accepts children under 12 in their 1st class on all aircraft, plus on their 380 the upper floor will also be child free.

I have tried to find confirmation by Google but don't seem to find anything.

If true I find this a step in the right direction.

What's your opinion and has anyone confirmation of this.

Yermaneejap.gif

http://www.facebook....377551765618807

Malaysia Airlines will soon join the league of A380 operators, when its first A380 takes to the skies on 1 July 2012. Although the national carrier of Malaysia is the eighth operator of this aircraft, it strives to register several firsts when the A380 becomes its new flagship carrier.

Malaysia Airlines is the first to introduce the A380 in a new livery, different from that of its existing fleet. Another first being planned is to showcase the economy class zone in the main deck, enhanced and designated as a family and children friendly inflight zone.

We would like to introduce this concept in our flagship aircraft to make it a memorable travel experience for this group of travelers, whilst at the same time offering our in First and Business an enhanced travel experience as well.

From the perspective of customers travelling with their families, the economy class family-friendly convenience would be a warm welcome. The main deck has more facilities such as toilets (8 for economy configuration of 350 seats) and the dual aerobridge airport facility supporting this deck will also mean a speedier/faster embarkation and disembarkation for this group of passengers

Nevertheless, where there is overwhelming demand for seats in economy class from families with children and infants, resulting in full load in the main deck, we will still accommodate such demand in the 70-seat upper deck economy class zone of our A380.

http://sky-today.com...conomy-section/

Back in June 2011, Malaysian Airlines banned infants in first class of its Boeing 747-400 jets, with plans to do the same in its new Airbus A380s. Now, the airline is stepping up the ban by not allowing kids to sit in the upstairs economy section of those A380s.

Children younger than 12 will not be permitted to sit in the upstairs economy section of Malaysia’s superjumbo, reports Australian Business Traveller.

According to News.com.au, an airline memo sent to a South Korean news agency explained that a new booking system will black out upper deck seats for customers whose reservations include children.

The impetus behind the move is to provide a more restful trip for business travelers who have to fly in economy, writes Australian Business Traveller.

It’s no secret that children can be disruptive on flights. Just last month it was reported that a family was thrown off a JetBlue flight when a toddler threw a temper tantrum. Also in March, ”unruly” kids on an Alaska flight prompted the crew to ask for police back up.

Early last year it was reported that a number of airlines, including British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and Emirates were being urged to consider child-free zones and even child-free flights.

http://www.dailymail...dren-class.html

The ban, which will affect flights from Kuala Kumpur to London, Amsterdam and Sydney, is thought to be the first such imposed by an airline.

In February, airlines including British Airways and Virgin Atlantic also said they were considering creating children-free flights, but now announcement has since been made.

Personally I agree with it. Babes in arms and toddlers I quite understand having "ear" problems taking off and landing etc but passengers that allow their children to run riot in an aircraft are my worst possible nightmare lol.

Edited by edwinclapham
  • Like 1

Malaysia Airlines will soon join the league of A380 operators, when its first A380 takes to the skies on 1 July 2012. Although the national carrier of Malaysia is the eighth operator of this aircraft, it strives to register several firsts when the A380 becomes its new flagship carrier.

Malaysia Airlines is the first to introduce the A380 in a new livery, different from that of its existing fleet. Another first being planned is to showcase the economy class zone in the main deck, enhanced and designated as a family and children friendly inflight zone.

We would like to introduce this concept in our flagship aircraft to make it a memorable travel experience for this group of travelers, whilst at the same time offering our in First and Business an enhanced travel experience as well.

From the perspective of customers travelling with their families, the economy class family-friendly convenience would be a warm welcome. The main deck has more facilities such as toilets (8 for economy configuration of 350 seats) and the dual aerobridge airport facility supporting this deck will also mean a speedier/faster embarkation and disembarkation for this group of passengers

Nevertheless, where there is overwhelming demand for seats in economy class from families with children and infants, resulting in full load in the main deck, we will still accommodate such demand in the 70-seat upper deck economy class zone of our A380.

Back in June 2011, Malaysian Airlines banned infants in first class of its Boeing 747-400 jets, with plans to do the same in its new Airbus A380s. Now, the airline is stepping up the ban by not allowing kids to sit in the upstairs economy section of those A380s.

Children younger than 12 will not be permitted to sit in the upstairs economy section of Malaysia’s superjumbo, reports Australian Business Traveller.

According to News.com.au, an airline memo sent to a South Korean news agency explained that a new booking system will black out upper deck seats for customers whose reservations include children.

The impetus behind the move is to provide a more restful trip for business travelers who have to fly in economy, writes Australian Business Traveller.

It’s no secret that children can be disruptive on flights. Just last month it was reported that a family was thrown off a JetBlue flight when a toddler threw a temper tantrum. Also in March, ”unruly” kids on an Alaska flight prompted the crew to ask for police back up.

Early last year it was reported that a number of airlines, including British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and Emirates were being urged to consider child-free zones and even child-free flights.

The ban, which will affect flights from Kuala Kumpur to London, Amsterdam and Sydney, is thought to be the first such imposed by an airline.

In February, airlines including British Airways and Virgin Atlantic also said they were considering creating children-free flights, but now announcement has since been made.

Personally I agree with it. Babes in arms and toddlers I quite understand having "ear" problems taking off and landing etc but passengers that allow their children to run riot in an aircraft are my worst possible nightmare lol.

I think that we should all support these airlines by making them passenger free flights

• Like 1

Some times on longer flight, say Thailand back to the states, I do pay the extra some times for the extra comfort and service. Last thing I want is a crying baby or young child running aound me when I just paid 10 to 20 time what they are paying in back. At the same time I will say when I fly with my daughter or children I book seats at the very very back. I guess with all the flying I have done, I understand these things

• Like 1

I think that we should all support these airlines by making them passenger free flights

Cant quite understand your post tbh. I dont travel first class , but I would be exceptionally upset when I have paid a vast amount of money to be confronted on a trip with screaming kids.

I do travel business class on many occasions and the same applies there. I cant hold young babes in arms responsible if they are actively distressed by travel that goes without saying, but I do hold the parents responsible for kids that are not controlled, running riot on the aircraft.

Other people's pride and joys are not for other passengers who just require some peace and quiet.

The same applies for restaurants, why should my kids disrupt other diners night out!