Cost Of Dental Crowns

sms747

Recently I had a crown done in Bkk at an upmarket practice, price 17.000 baht, The mrs said that was far too much and that you can get them done for 10.000. Checking at some other places online it seems you can get them done form 8.000 baht and probably less. The price differences relate mainly to how much semi precious metal the crown is fused to. I.e no semi precious metal 8.000 baht, 2% 12,000 baht, 50% 16.000 and 85% semi precious metal 18.000 baht. What importance does this metal bond have as the price differences are large. Would one with 2% last as long as the 85%. Figures quoted are from the same practice at siam sq.

Edited by sms747

The metal base of dental crown is made from certain metals and gold. The price is up to the percentage of GOLD in the metal alloy. The more gold, the more expensive and the higher corrosion resistance. When your doc says " semi-precious" it means there is almost 50% of gold in the metal base of your crown. The higher-percentage gold crown will not stain your gums in the long run. I'd say the best is the crown with highest gold. Other things to consider are your age and the position of the crown in your mouth.for example if you are in your 70s and that crown is going to replace your back tooth, just get the cheapest type man. One thing you should bare in mind, make sure the clinic you go to has proper infection control system. I trust high-end clinics in Bangkok but i dont dare going to those 7000- baht crown dental clinics in Chinatown area.