PTT Gas Pipeline Route Ignites Explosion Fears: Thailand

webfact

I worked on pipelines for ten years as a wrapper then at the end of the job i went to samui for 20 weeks till the next job. The photo looks good all run of the mill stuff (if it is even a photo of the line in question. Water not air (or any other gas) is used for testing the line. When a pipeline runs under high voltage power lines a thin cable of uncoated zinc is put in the ground above the pipeline to protect the pipe but this has more to do with electro magnetics than a ground strike, as an electric current is run though the pipe to stop rust.

''Thai welders, some of the best in the world,'' err no the best pipeline welders are English or German on any line there will be a repair welder he will be the best welder on the job he will not be Thai (99.99%) there may well be no Thai welders on the job at all other than to fill the quota for local workers. most jobs I have been on have local workers that never even see the pipe just to make the paper work look right.

If you need a pipeline wrapper on this job then please contact me.

stoneyboy are you a pipeliner ?

You say you spent ten years wrapping pipe? Ten years?? Ten years???

That speaks volumes about your ability and ambition. Not exactly a highlight to put on your CV. I'd venture to say that fact is why you're soliciting a job on this forum.

These days machines do the wrapping--except for the field joint welds--and have done for a long time...

• Like 1