When Farangs Not Must Pay Farangprice At National Parks?,After Maried Or Us A Local Resident?

Sandman77

I think it's very endearing that transam is a wannabe pretend policeman. If he was sitting next to me right now, I'd give him a pat on the head and a toffee for being a good boy.

If you dropped dead tomorrow and your lady needed help, l would help. Simple as that.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you will never see Farangs littering in Thai national parks.

<deleted>, farang of many nationalities have terrible littering habits, only a few governments have invested in big marketing campaigns to change that - I remember the crying Indian one in my childhood.

Have you traveled with young Greeks or people from many Eastern European countries? They'll toss stuff right out the window of their car all the time, and if you question them come up with something brilliant like "if I didn't do that then the people paid to clean up would be out of a job"!

Perhaps Thai's need to pay a much higher price also to reduce their numbers. I have no problem paying whatever amount as long as the places are clean and not overrun by thousands of village idiots who can scrape 20 bath together.

But it's **their** park, you're the idiot! And if they litter it's **their** problem, you're just a guest, and most likely very unwelcome with that attitude.

Next you'll be campaigning for "special people" times, on even-numbered days only wealthy people can visit to keep the numbers down so you can enjoy it in peace.

you will never see Farangs littering in Thai national parks.

<deleted>, farang of many nationalities have terrible littering habits, only a few governments have invested in big marketing campaigns to change that - I remember the crying Indian one in my childhood.

Have you traveled with young Greeks or people from many Eastern European countries? They'll toss stuff right out the window of their car all the time, and if you question them come up with something brilliant like "if I didn't do that then the people paid to clean up would be out of a job"!

Perhaps Thai's need to pay a much higher price also to reduce their numbers. I have no problem paying whatever amount as long as the places are clean and not overrun by thousands of village idiots who can scrape 20 bath together.

But it's **their** park, you're the idiot! And if they litter it's **their** problem, you're just a guest, and most likely very unwelcome with that attitude.

Next you'll be campaigning for "special people" times, on even-numbered days only wealthy people can visit to keep the numbers down so you can enjoy it in peace.

:D Careful BigJohnnyBkk, you might pop a vein.

<deleted>. It's **our** planet. These places are (so we are told) some of the last refuges of some of the most endangered plant and animal life on Earth. If people are trashing them, it's **OUR** problem...

Bugger I've popped a vein now....

• Like 1

please. laugh.png .

I am confident to say you will never see Farangs littering in Thai national parks.

I see Russians littering, smoking, etc. every time I visit a national park. Unless you don't consider them farangs? Also lots of other non-farang foreigners. Chinese, anyone?

I am astonished that Time Traveller would make such an utterly ridiculous statement. Is it just pure ignorance or a deliberate lie?

please. laugh.png .

I am confident to say you will never see Farangs littering in Thai national parks.

I see Russians littering, smoking, etc. every time I visit a national park. Unless you don't consider them farangs? Also lots of other non-farang foreigners. Chinese, anyone?

I am astonished that Time Traveller would make such an utterly ridiculous statement. Is it just pure ignorance or a deliberate lie?

One vote for "ignorance".

Talk about poor analogies...the UK is a country where the people have the same or more buying power as the tourists.

I'm not supporting dual pricing, by the way -- but that's why it exists: to make tourist attractions affordable to locals.

But you are Thai and have the buying power of a foreigner, while I am a foreigner but have the buying power of a Thai.

Talk about poor analogies...the UK is a country where the people have the same or more buying power as the tourists.

I'm not supporting dual pricing, by the way -- but that's why it exists: to make tourist attractions affordable to locals.

But you are Thai and have the buying power of a foreigner, while I am a foreigner but have the buying power of a Thai.

So get a Thai drivers license and it will work 95% of the time. If only 5% of your life is unjust you're well ahead of the game, mate.

Can you really imagine walking around when you go out to visit a park carrying a "Tax Receipt" - Do Thai even know what one is?

I don't just imagine it, everyone I know in this situation does it, why do you find it surprising?

Every person working legally in Thailand receives their tax receipt (no need for quotes) from their employer every year. That includes the Thais of course, so yes they know what it is.

Or do you think it's just not worth worrying about a piddling few hundred baht?

PS This sometimes even works at private places with dual pricing, like Ocean World. But less so, since the justification about tax dollars doesn't really apply.

PPS Love your user name, do you give or just receive?

Well for a nationalpark I gladly pay more or donate something if I have at least a small hope that I do something good with that money.

Private places like Ocean World which want to make more profit: I just boycot them.

Yes it would be nice to think that your 200Bt or so is going somehow in to bettering the management of the park. Not sure that it is though, judging by the state of some of these parks. Coming from Australia, I find most of these so caller parks pretty sad and don't waste my time with them, apart from a few exceptions, where I got the Thai price anyway.

I know the system is corrupt, but I have the hope that even the corrupt one try to keep it good enough to be able to continue their corruption.

A managed park is better than non at all.