Used Commercial Aircraft Interiors

Just curious if anyone knows of a business here in Thailand specializing salvaging aircraft interiors, or perhaps a business that refurbishes aircrafts and has all the old bits and pieces.

I need to buy a lot of old seats, overhead bins, oxygen systems, all the things that make something look aircrafty...

We are trying to induce a flick to come over here to shoot, but need to build them the interior of an aircraft, or at least partially so... I'd rather not face importing it all.

Thanks

Burrito

Just curious if anyone knows of a business here in Thailand specializing salvaging aircraft interiors, or perhaps a business that refurbishes aircrafts and has all the old bits and pieces.

I need to buy a lot of old seats, overhead bins, oxygen systems, all the things that make something look aircrafty...

We are trying to induce a flick to come over here to shoot, but need to build them the interior of an aircraft, or at least partially so... I'd rather not face importing it all.

Thanks

Burrito

Thats pretty rare in asia due to the climate. The high humidity causes corrosion alot faster. Depending on shipping costs you might be better off shopping arizona aircraft graveyards.

cv

Thanks for all the feedback. Thai Airways is helping a lot, but will defintely have to round it out with other bits, so Poo Air (sp?) and airliners.net may prove great resources.

Of course when they see the script, they will freak.

Regards,

Burrito

Edited by Dr. Burrito

Find out where the fire school is ( if Thailand has one) the one at Manston Airport in UK had loads of relics that they used to practise on. And every major airport has a dump. There is a couple of old kites at Don Muang. Also on the road into Pattaya, just before the Sri Racha turn off is a yard with a couple of Aircraft in. Not sure but they might be viscounts. And Ripleys Pattaya has a DC3 tail sticking out of it.

Perhaps... we're already looking at Thai Airways for some master shots..., but the other stuff, blood, explosions, especially explosions... they leave marks :D

Also, the whole thing with real planes... narrow aisles all that stuff. We buikld sets so we can move walls, place camera in odd places, all that fun movie illusion stuff. Can't start to imagine how hard it would be to get three people, lights and a cameraman inside a real airplane toilet :o

Edited by Dr. Burrito