Death Threat To Thaksin Remains: Defence Minister

webfact

No comment on death threats to other MP's as I don't know of these threats, but the reports of yellow shirt protests and another coup if Thaksin returns I can find all over the world press take this news report from a credable newspaper for example. http://www.google.co...wBlLCZFIYZmaI7A

Here is a paragraph from this credible newspaper

"With his 44-year-old sister Yingluck Shinawatra installed as prime minister and backed by three-fifths of parliament, Thaksin's return, whitewashed of his graft conviction, is looking increasingly likely, but could be anything but smooth"

I like that you will notice credible newspapers use the term whitewashed of his graft convictions.

As for a coup they ended the article with

"Commentators see trouble brewing and warn of a return of devastating "yellow shirt" street protests or even a coup if Yingluck's "parliamentary dictatorship" – as the anti-Thaksin camp calls it – moves to rescue the multi-millionaire."

Rescue him from what. Being charged for his crimes and serving his prison sentence for the one he was found guilty of and rather than challenge the decision he fled the country.

Notice no mention of assassination.

But the article did mention Thaksin waited 7 hours in Lao to greet 1,000 red shirts who had crossed the border 12 miles away to meet him. Probably only had a hand full waiting to greet him.

I wonder did the Lao government have transportation for the people coming to meet him like Cambodia did?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thaksin waited 7 hours for a 1'000 red shirt supporters to meet him, sounds like a man scared of being assasinated, I couldn't see Abbasit waiting 7 hours for 1,000 democrat party supporters.

Sounds more like a man who doesn't care about his supporters - making them wait for 7 hours.

Can you read? He that is Thaksin waited 7 hours in Vientiene for these 1,000 red shirts to get from Nong Kae border to Vientiene. The only threat of death would be old age waiting to return home but can't because the elite know what a good business man he is and don't want him doing business in Thailand.

Can you read? He that is Thaksin waited 7 hours in Vientiene for these 1,000 red shirts to get from Nong Kae border to Vientiene. The only threat of death would be old age waiting to return home but can't because the elite know what a good business man he is and don't want him doing business in Thailand.

So they're lying about the death threats then?

Where does it say anywhere that he was waiting for them to get from the border?

Maybe he took so long to meet them because he was busy meeting the 30 PTP MPs.

It appears you are not familiar with the border it doesn't take 7 hours to get from Nong Kae to Vientiene. I think you protest to much and are very unaware of the true colors of your dear leader. I would like to see him white washed and allowed home then the real Big T would be on display as he would more than likely push his sister aside and become the defacto leader of Thailand, oooo forgot he already is.
  • Like 2

Maybe they are lying cause I can't find reports of death threats recently made to Thaksin from any international news sources just Thai news sources. So maybe it was a media hype thing.

Maybe it was a redshirt or a government rumour.

Maybe Thaksin had it planted through a minion.

Who knows?

The real Big T, sounds like a name of a WWF wrestler, or a large dog, he has a real name you know, why don't you use it? The mighty Big T thundered through the forest canapy and there it was Vientiene and they all lived happily ever after, the end.

Maybe they are lying cause I can't find reports of death threats recently made to Thaksin from any international news sources just Thai news sources. So maybe it was a media hype thing.

Let's cut to the chase. The Lao death threat was most likely just a PR excuse for the poor turn out but you never know. There could be many out there who bear a grudge against him, relatives or friends of those killed in the Tak Bai incident or the many innocent victims in the war on drugs or even the murdered lawyer Somchai.

Thaksin is right to be wary.

Edited by bigbamboo

Thaksin also gave money to a girl who danced for him.

as one does in those situations.

So when is he going to give money out of his own pocket to the poor and needy whom he claims to love? Let's see him build hospitals, some schools and donate to helping the poor farmers in their plight and then perhaps we can start to believe the so far empty claims that he is a man of the people. Angelina Jolie and Madonna, just to name a couple, seem to do a pretty good job at that donating millions of dollars regularly to help the poor and needy and in countries that aren't even theirs! Moron T claims how much he loves the poor but won't lift a finger to do anything for them, only investing in sport teams and gold mining operations for himself. Care to comment or show proof otherwise of how much he has spent of his own money to show that he really "loves" you and the poor, Ms. Tukky?

Disgusting and shameful scum, he and all of his family and cronies. He will never be able to sit and have a bowl of noodles on the street as he says he so wishes. Bad things come to bad people and I predict his days are numbered due to all the enemies he has brought on himself.

Edited by yeeowww

You predict his days are numbered, so it is you with the crystal ball and not Thaksin. Thaksin does give to charities in Thailand regulary, He donated lots of money to the poor during the flooding last year. You all have Thaksinphobea did any of you doubters live in Thailand when Thaksin was Prime Minister? I did and it was great, heads of western countries made visits often and everyone was so happy and proud to be Thai.

Looking at the OP photo I'm thinking " So this leprechaun walks into a pub....."

I was thinking more along the lines of "A drunk farang walks into a Pattaya bar with a ladyboy on his arm and exclaims, lookee here, I got me one of the prettiest girls I ever done did find.........."

And he would be telling the truth.. also , no need to be drunk.. Dont be racist against the Thai third gender.. or is it down to your age..?

Sorry to interrupt your dream, but there is no third gender.

You predict his days are numbered, so it is you with the crystal ball and not Thaksin. Thaksin does give to charities in Thailand regulary, He donated lots of money to the poor during the flooding last year. You all have Thaksinphobea did any of you doubters live in Thailand when Thaksin was Prime Minister? I did and it was great, heads of western countries made visits often and everyone was so happy and proud to be Thai.

The economy was great in Australia while Thaksin was Thai PM. Was he responsible for that too? Or was the booming global economy the reason why things were so good in Thailand then?

• Like 1

Defense Minister Makes No Comments About Thaksin’s Latest Move

BANGKOK: -- The defense minister says he does not want to make an issue of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra’s recent comments on Thai politics.

Defense Minister Air Chief Marshal Sukampol Suwannathat refused to comment on the latest remarks about the current political situation in Thailand by former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, saying that he does not want to go on about the issue.

Meanwhile, he believes the country remains on course to achieving national reconciliation and asks the public not to overly focus on rumors of assassination plots against prominent political figures.

When asked whether he thinks national reconciliation would really happen, Sukampol said it depends on the commitments of the parties concerned.

The defense minister refused to say if it is possible for judicial proceedings to be restarted in cases involving the ex-premier.

He said Thaksin has a right to comment or express his opinion as long as it is within the scope of the law and that, instead of trying to stop him, Thais should carefully listen to him and assess what he says.

Regarding Thaksin’s remarks about possible assassination plots targeting high-profile political figures, Sukampol said there were similar speculations before and he does not want to speculate on the matter because anything is possible.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-04-17

footer_n.gif

The above is factually accurate in calling him former prime minister. The OP is inaccurate in calling him fugitive prime minister. Posts saying he is on the run, running from the law, a fugitive, and other such nonsense are spin meisters in service of an agenda. He just spent time in Laos and Cambodia. He goes anywhere in the world he chooses. Exactly who is he running from? It's not necessary to be for or against him in order to have a realistic perception of the facts. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know there is nobody in pursuit of him. Quit making up propaganda in the furtherance of what you wish was reality. Nobody is after him, period. His status is like that of an arrest warrant. Nobody is pursuing him but if a law enforcement officer comes across him in the course of regular law enforcement duties, the warrant is executed and the arrest made.

It wasn't just the economy "Why" it was the whole Thaksin era craze, every where he would go in Thailand, thousands would come out to greet him and wish him well, cause he was the peoples champion, he came from a poor background and worked his way to the top and now he wanted to share this dream with the poor people of Thailand, give them hope, that they too, one day could do the same as this is a free and democratic society now.

You seem to speak as one who knows about Thaksin's charitable donations. Please enlighten us all with links to back up your statement. Or is this just a figment of your imagination? Links and proof please.

Looking at the OP photo I'm thinking " So this leprechaun walks into a pub....."

I was thinking more along the lines of "A drunk farang walks into a Pattaya bar with a ladyboy on his arm and exclaims, lookee here, I got me one of the prettiest girls I ever done did find.........."

And he would be telling the truth.. also , no need to be drunk.. Dont be racist against the Thai third gender.. or is it down to your age..?

Sorry to interrupt your dream, but there is no third gender.

'lookee here, I got me one of the prettiest girls I ever done did find'.

This is clearly a racist slur on white North Americans.

Sorry tukky, but you have your head up an oriface where you can't see the real world. I was here when he was PM, and it was a farce. Yes he did a lot of glad handing. And he was spending the governments money on infrustructure that would make his personal companies even more money, he was basically robbing from the people who were paying in taxes to the govt. What he pulled over the company he sold to Singapore would have landed most politicians around the world in prison.

Thaksin also gave money to a girl who danced for him.

as one does in those situations.

So when is he going to give money out of his own pocket to the poor and needy whom he claims to love? Let's see him build hospitals, some schools and donate to helping the poor farmers in their plight and then perhaps we can start to believe the so far empty claims that he is a man of the people. Angelina Jolie and Madonna, just to name a couple, seem to do a pretty good job at that donating millions of dollars regularly to help the poor and needy and in countries that aren't even theirs! Moron T claims how much he loves the poor but won't lift a finger to do anything for them, only investing in sport teams and gold mining operations for himself. Care to comment or show proof otherwise of how much he has spent of his own money to show that he really "loves" you and the poor, Ms. Tukky?

Disgusting and shameful scum, he and all of his family and cronies. He will never be able to sit and have a bowl of noodles on the street as he says he so wishes. Bad things come to bad people and I predict his days are numbered due to all the enemies he has brought on himself.

Narcissists dont give they only take. All his donations are fiction like Korean pumps and hijacked flood relief packages.

Edited by waza

It wasn't just the economy "Why" it was the whole Thaksin era craze, every where he would go in Thailand, thousands would come out to greet him and wish him well, cause he was the peoples champion, he came from a poor background and worked his way to the top and now he wanted to share this dream with the poor people of Thailand, give them hope, that they too, one day could do the same as this is a free and democratic society now.

"Poor background"?! Where do you get that lump of caca?! The guy came from a well to do family and had everything handed to him. And regarding his brilliant business savvy, all of his business ventures failed until well into his 30's and early 40's when he lucked into the telecom boom, which was handed to him by an uncle I think it was or someone in his extended family. The guy has only fenagled and schemed, not worked his way to the top. A practice which he continues to this very day.

Edited by yeeowww

"Poor background"?! Where do you get that?! The guy came from a well to do family and had everything handed to him. All of his business ventures failed until well into his 30's and early 40's when he lucked into the telecom boom. The guy has only fenagled and schemed, not worked his way to the top. A practice which he continues to this very day.

Yes your right his family is one of the richest sino-thai families in Chang Mai and all his businesses failed except the ones based on insider trading. His first success was selling computers to his own policeforce. He then went into the cable TV business with a Canadian, the Canadian supplies equipment, expertise and money, Thaksin supplied influence. Thaskin ripped off the whole business and had him deported. His whole career is one of failure and corruption.

Edited by waza
  • Like 1

Actually Thaksin CLAIMED many donations during the flooding, delivered under a banner bearing his name, that were paid for by others. his family made a substantial donarion, but not substantial relative to their wealth.

Please point me to the Thaksin Shinawatra hospital, school, orphanage, library funded by this GREAT man. Perhaps because he is so shy and reclusive, he only donates anonymously - in which case your claims that you know of his beneficence are crap.

From a poor background???? That just shows how brain washed you are!

This thread should be renamed Return threat of Thaksin sparks paranoya into the hearts and mind of the easily lead anti Thaksin expats.

I would second that, only I would call it paranoia and preface it with the word hysterical.

Over 50 posts full of angst.

OK, so you really, really have no idea what you are talking about.

May I ask where do you get your "facts"?

From a poor background???? That just shows how brain washed you are!

Either brain washed or ignorant. I lean toward ignorant.

IGNORANT: The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.