Death Threat To Thaksin Remains: Defence Minister

webfact

You don't think him staying away will bring peace, you don't think him coming home will bring peace, which restricts his position to DED, unless you have another alternative,

oh i see, no i personally don't have an alternative but i'm hoping there is one.

an alternative could still entail either him coming home or staying away, but with things as they stand... neither would bring peace.

IMO, the red shirts don't need him to come back. There is a Thaksin proxy party in power. The red shirts have got what they want as far as that is concerned. What difference will Thaksin make to them?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think him staying away will bring peace, you don't think him coming home will bring peace, which restricts his position to DED, unless you have another alternative,

oh i see, no i personally don't have an alternative but i'm hoping there is one.

an alternative could still entail either him coming home or staying away, but with things as they stand... neither would bring peace.

IMO, the red shirts don't need him to come back. There is a Thaksin proxy party in power. The red shirts have got what they want as far as that is concerned. What difference will Thaksin make to them?

no idea, but try telling them that!

Defense Minister Expresses Sympathy for Thaksin

The defense minister has expressed sympathy for former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who wants to return to Thailand.

Defense Minister Sukumpol Suwanathat has expressed sympathy for former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who has been living in exile abroad for six years now.

Sukumpol said that he would like to see Thaskin return to Thailand but exactly when is up to the rule of law.

The minister said that the former premier's return will pose no risk to the national reconciliation process.

Sukumpol also believes that national reconciliation is the country's answer and what most people want must be respected.

He said the government could lose public support if the reconciliation process is poorly executed.

However, he believes that if everyone works together, reconciliation is achievable.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-04-18

footer_n.gif

no idea, but try telling them that!

Thaksin's PR machine have convinced many of them that they love and need him. See Cult of personality.

You can see the mass propaganda in action on the "Asia Update" channel, which shows music videos of how great and caring Thaksin is.

Edited by hyperdimension
  • Like 1