Motorcycle

jimmi

The other day I was in Bangkok and saw a Yamaha Motorcycle that looked like a Mio or Nuovo, but was a lot bigger. It had on it 400cc. The guy left before I could ask what it was. I went down to my local motorcycle dealer, not in Bangkok, to find out what it was and to possibly buy one. This is what I have been looking for. An automatic motorcycle but larger than the Mio or Nuovo :D . The dealer looked at me like I was crazy :o . He had no idea what it was or what I was talking about. I know I saw this thing. Does anyone know what this Yamaha was or know the name. Does anyone know if Yamaha has an automatic motorcycle say about 200cc? If not the 400cc will do.

Thanks,

Jimmi

In other markets, Suzuki makes Burgman scooters (the fat kind) up to 600 or 650cc, and the other Japanese Big 4 sometimes compete. For example, Honda has a Silver Wing 650, but it's a fat scooter.

But no, a local Thai dealer has never heard, or doesn't care to talk about, bikes over 200cc. It's doubtful that an importer in Bangkok, such as Siam Superbike, has automatic scooters for sale.

Bikes in many non-North American markets don't have their engine displacement pasted on the side. But in Thailand and the USA, almost always.

The engines in these big scooters probably aren't standard, such as the single that Suzuki makes for its 650 chopper. So, you'd have parts problems, I suspect. Unless it's an engine from a Yamaha jet ski!

Edited by PeaceBlondie

Its a Majesty or SkyWave or that might be the suzuki.

Its imported

You can buy one at Red Baron in BKK for about 120k with tabian

Peace Blondie - always with the bloody parts problems. Everytime somebody asks for advise you start whittering on about parts problems.

Edited by mraitchison

Thanks mraitchison,

This is exactly what I needed. I found a picture of the Majesty on the net. That is the motorcycle that I saw. Can you tell me, where is Red Baron in BKK? I don't live in BKK, but I would be willing to go there to buy this motorcycle.

Thanks for your help.

Peace Blondie - always with the bloody parts problems. Everytime somebody asks for advise you start whittering on about parts problems.

Yes, that's me, guilty as charged. That's not all I whitter on about (is that like nattering, or whingeing, or going to Cardiff?). If you'll check other threads on here about motorcycles, such as Gazza's comment on the big bike thread, you'll note other posters commenting on the lack of wear-and-tear parts for big bikes.

Yeah, I suppose in that pristine little megalopolis of Bangkok, there's a Ducati, Moto-Guzzi, and Harley dealer in every neighborhood, who knows a Ducati one-cam from a two-cam, and mechanics who can adjust desmodromic valves with their eyes closed. But even in Chiang Mai, you can't go into your local Honda dealer and say, "Hey Somchai, get me a cam chain tensioner for a 1999 CBR 900 designed for the Japanese market."

Maybe I'm wrong. But when I needed those big rubber carburetor mounts for my Suzuki GS850G in Houston, they were in stock. Can you get the proper drive chain and sprockets for all big bikes in Bangkok without going all over town or waiting two weeks? By proper, I mean o-ring, high quality, proper size, etc.

A lot of parts are available if not it will take a two week order.

Given that in the UK if I want to order a Honda front sprocket I will have to wait 2 or three days upto a week for a specific part its not bad having to wait two weeks for a part. Only problem is the cost of it is the same as the west.

Anyway PB I am sure that we will have many more threads like this to come.

Take care and have a safe new year.

Can you get the proper drive chain and sprockets for all big bikes in Bangkok without going all over town or waiting two weeks?

Personally PB, I'm interested in opinions and experiences regarding parts from any rider of any bike in Thailand as to what parts can be ordered quickly and which bits and peices can be found in which shop etc.

I wish it did take only two weeks for ordering parts. Maybe for some bikes it does, maybe longer for others.

I'm beginning to think that if a bike is popular in Singapore then it's perhaps easier to get the parts, in which case, and from what I was told, it would take two weeks.

But after waiting two weeks for my Transalp parts to arrive from Singapore, only to find that they didn't arrive with all of the other customer's parts ordered by the shop, they then had to be ordered from Japan.

I ordered a sprocket set and it took 6 weeks for the front one to arrive and the rear sprocket was found to be the wrong size. :o

A few months later I had to wait almost two months for a new countershaft and gasket kit because only half the kit arrived. :D

Luckily, I was still able to use the bike while waiting. If they were to have been parts needed to keep the bike on road, I would've been seriously pi55ed off. :D

Maybe owners of big bikes out in the sticks or those who put on lots of KM's quickly may find parts info more useful as they can then order them further in advance if necessary. :D

Edited by Gazza

For all parts that nee dto be ordered my mechanic only orders through Red Baron.

There is another dealer in town called Somchai something near Red Baron who if he has the parts they are a shit load cheaper, however if it comes down to a part that needs ordering then RB is the only place they go and they have it in your hands within 15 days.

I wouldn't order through Singapore. If it comes down to getting parts which are not in the country I would just order straight away from a company which knows what it is doing.

Never order parts through Singapore. Their bog bike market is not a lot bigger than Thailand what with the huge tax imposed on vehicles. This in a country that has a population roughly half of Thailand. Always go through Japan, instead of using it as a backup. In the long run its worth it.

For all parts that nee dto be ordered my mechanic only orders through Red Baron.

however if it comes down to a part that needs ordering then RB is the only place they go and they have it in your hands within 15 days.

I wouldn't order through Singapore. If it comes down to getting parts which are not in the country I would just order straight away from a company which knows what it is doing.

:D

But all my parts were ordered from Red Baron. :o

Do you mean Somchai Arai? The guy working from a townhouse? I've already been there but the parts that I needed at the time had to be new. ie. sprockets, gaskets, countershaft etc.

Have you checked RB's used parts warehouse out at the back of the shop? I wasn't aware of it until my 3rd or 4th visit. :D

Might visit the two shops this Sunday as one of my rubber flexible indicator stems has broken off. Too much parking the bike in the sun destroyed the rubber. :o

:D

Hey Guys,

Since I have seen many of you guys need parts for bikes, I might help out! At the moment Im the brembo brakes, Marchesini and Matris dealer for Thailand. I send some Brembo products to Red Baron. I have been also racing (250,400 and Superbikes) here in Thailand, Malaysia and Japan. I got lots of contacts in Japan and Im still getting parts for friends here in Bkk. I got Japanese friends who come over every month, so its kinda fast. If you are interested always have original part numbers and part name. You can email me at: [email protected]

Im also working with this shop in Italy... www.carpimoto.it if you need anything let me know!

Emilio

Sorry forgot to write, Im the Agent for...

For Brembo brakes it depends on what calipers you want, (casting or Cnc)? Then you can choose alot more models. Like radial ones, monoblocks and more. It really depends what you are looking for. If you want a monoblock Cnc like the Moto Gp....1 set caliper can cost you 120,000 baht, and 1 set disk 30,000 baht. Well thats the top of the top. Cheapest 1 set caliper cnc...35,000 baht.

Marchesini....alluminium or magnsesium! Forged 10 spokes or the normal 5 spokes? range around 70,000-100,000 baht per set.

Got no idea for the covertion kit swingarm!!!