90 Day Reporting

catmac

Wednesday 25th,reported with usual copies, handed the completed form with copies of passport. When recieving the new report date I pointed out that I had a barcode in my passport. Was given a full apology that the "uni" students had not seen it and that next time the copies of my passport would not be needed. So if you have the barcode make sure they are aware of it when you front to the desk

Edited by clives

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday 25th,reported with usual copies, handed the completed form with copies of passport. When recieving the new report date I pointed out that I had a barcode in my passport. Was given a full apology that the "uni" students had not seen it and that next time the copies of my passport would not be needed. So if you have the barcode make sure they are aware of it when you front to the desk

Absolutely....let's tell them how to do their job, because it's obvious they get a bit confused at times.

Why should we be aware of it ...they're immigration officers, they should be aware of everything.

Typical "the uni student's had not seen it"..... they probably saw it but no-one's told them what to do with it!

• Like 1

Thanks for all your replies, folks. Just for the record,my actual reporting on Wednesday (around 3.15) only took a couple of minutes - once the added farce of the ticket machine not working, just a hand-written slip of paper from the girl, and the number indicator on counter 5 not being updated -all the others were in action- was taken into account! Of course nobody seemed in the slightest bit interested in my barcode, just took the usual wad of photocopies and went ahead.

Really is a complete waste of time for everybody. Let's be honest, you could put down any address you liked, nobody ever asks for proof.

Thanks for all your replies, folks. Just for the record,my actual reporting on Wednesday (around 3.15) only took a couple of minutes - once the added farce of the ticket machine not working, just a hand-written slip of paper from the girl, and the number indicator on counter 5 not being updated -all the others were in action- was taken into account! Of course nobody seemed in the slightest bit interested in my barcode, just took the usual wad of photocopies and went ahead.

Really is a complete waste of time for everybody. Let's be honest, you could put down any address you liked, nobody ever asks for proof.

I really don't understand this obsession with bar code or no bar code, it's like getting some kind of boy scouts badge to some posters. Just take three 50 satang copies and dam_n the expense!

Edited by uptheos

Also I don't really think they have any where near the number of Burmese applicants.

Good, nice to see them working......payback for all the years of shirking.

They had it so good for so long that they have absolutely no idea how to deal with this extra workload.

Maybe if things get much worse, some bright spark will come up with an idea how to deal with it.

Edit: Personally I have no problem. I send in my 90 days and already have a queue number for late August.

But I feel bloody sorry for those Burmese who have to line up outside in this blazing heat.

Theos, what is this about "sending" in the 90 day report? I am talking specifically about Chiang Mai Immigration, and I am posting on this thread found in the Chiang Mmai Forum.

Continued, below:

Recently I was advised by the good folk on a general Iimmigration thread that not everyimmigration office will handle mail for the 90 day reporft, and that the Bangkok mailing address was strictly for Bangkok.

So, is it possible to mail the 90 day report to Chiang Mai, and if so, what is the address.? By the way, post 4 here also refers to mailing, but no reply from Immigration! May I presume you have done this before and gotten return mail? (I understand EMS is a good route, with traceable mailing.) Thanks in advance for any advice.

Also I don't really think they have any where near the number of Burmese applicants.

Good, nice to see them working......payback for all the years of shirking.

They had it so good for so long that they have absolutely no idea how to deal with this extra workload.

Maybe if things get much worse, some bright spark will come up with an idea how to deal with it.

Edit: Personally I have no problem. I send in my 90 days and already have a queue number for late August.

But I feel bloody sorry for those Burmese who have to line up outside in this blazing heat.

Theos, what is this about "sending" in the 90 day report? I am talking specifically about Chiang Mai Immigration, and I am posting on this thread found in the Chiang Mmai Forum.

Continued, below:

Recently I was advised by the good folk on a general Iimmigration thread that not everyimmigration office will handle mail for the 90 day reporft, and that the Bangkok mailing address was strictly for Bangkok.

So, is it possible to mail the 90 day report to Chiang Mai, and if so, what is the address.? By the way, post 4 here also refers to mailing, but no reply from Immigration! May I presume you have done this before and gotten return mail? (I understand EMS is a good route, with traceable mailing.) Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sorry can not supply you with the address but can assure you that you can mail it in here to Chiang Mai. I have friends that do that. As has been posted here there was one person who had a problem other than that no one else has had a problem on this thread or ones in the past.

For myself I am retired so I have the time and it is a good outing. Every time I have had to wait long have met interesting people to chat with.

As for the bar code I think there is a plan for it other than not having to have a copy of your passport. Time will tell.

You might look on the visa forum or just start a new one here how to mail in for 90 day reporting. I am sure that would get you all the information you need.

Sorry can not supply you with the address but can assure you that you can mail it in here to Chiang Mai. I have friends that do that. As has been posted here there was one person who had a problem other than that no one else has had a problem on this thread or ones in the past.

For myself I am retired so I have the time and it is a good outing. Every time I have had to wait long have met interesting people to chat with.

As for the bar code I think there is a plan for it other than not having to have a copy of your passport. Time will tell.

You might look on the visa forum or just start a new one here how to mail in for 90 day reporting. I am sure that would get you all the information you need.

Dolly, many thanks. I appreciate your kindness, added also to the other examples of metta this newbie has experienced in this city of Chiang Mai. I find natives and farang mellowed out in this location.

The address I found, including zip code, by searching the CM Immigration site, and I have the particulars as to what to send from a search of Thai Visa months ago.

Just take three 50 satang copies and dam_n the expense!

Just toss away 1 1/2 baht? This advice could prove very controversial.

Indeed....hard times.....indeed.

To go with the bar code or lose 1 1/2 baht on copies........decisions always bloody decisions.

Anyway three cheers for those with a bar code.........they won't give me one, and I want to be able to choose whether to copy or not and to hell with the consequences.

Edited by uptheos

My 90 day reporting experience today.

Arrived near 3:00 PM, which is my preferred time and managed to get a parking space on the immigration grounds just as a tuk-tuk moved out of it. Went in and punched the queue machine for 90 day reporting and saw 3 ahead of me in the queue. One thing different and that is every time before there would be tape blocking out selections that were filled, but none this time.

The room was crowded as usual but not crazy so as it wasn't standing room only. Seems very few if no Burmese workers there. Took about 5-6 minutes before my number was called. Now the different part of the experience. 1st, handed my passport and the copies of the passport signed as usual. However, she returned the copy of the last permission to stay stamp and the departure card and only kept the one page I had the photo page and visa information on. She then spent a considerable amount of time looking at the passport carefully spending most of it studying the departure card and the visa information page and very little interest on the current permission of stay page.

She then passed it on to the next girl who keyed in the information into the computer. Finally, handed over to the guy next to them who does the final signing. He also spent considerable time looking the passport over and again the visa entry info and the departure card info. He asked me a couple of questions such as what moo bahn I was staying even though it's on the TM47 and then how long I've been here and what I did.

Perhaps what confused them and why the time spent on those two items of the passport is that the entry card and the visa information page (transferred 3 times from previous expired passports) is that the last time I entered Thailand was nearly 20 years ago. wink.png That and the original visa is a non-ed which I have used for working at the university all this time. He asked what I work I did at the uni and I said Physics (always get a raised eyebrow with that) and that I haven't been back to the US in that period.

Anyway, probably 12-15 minutes maximum time which is more than my normal experience. Nothing about the bar codes, just fewer passport page copies were required. Perhaps slowly gearing up to fully implementing the bar code scheme.

BTW - I keep the TM47 pre-filled and current passport pages in a single .pdf file and just run it off on the printer and sign them before heading out.

clap2.gif

Well, you are an unusual case !! Assuming you have the same departure card, it really belongs in a museum! And then the business of the expired passports! Chances are one or both of those young women hadn't even been born yet when you arrived!

Why aren't you featured on the Chiang Mai immigration web site ?!

Edited by Mapguy

clap2.gif

Well, you are an unusual case !! Assuming you have the same departure card, it really belongs in a museum! And then business of the expired passports! Chances are one or both of those young women hadn't even been born yet when you arrived!

Why aren't you featured on the Chiang Mai immigration web site ?!

The departure card is taped together at the moment to keep the fragments from flying off in a slight breeze. biggrin.png

Thanks about the age reference. sad.pngtongue.png

Featured - CM immigration site? Now I know you're taken the piss. wink.png

<snip>1st, handed my passport and the copies of the passport signed as usual.

Now that's an interesting comment. I had a prepared TM47 (downloaded from my computer) but while I did have passport photocopies in my bag, I never handed them over when I made my 90 day reporting last week. Only offered my original passport. I was not asked for copies. I was in the door and out in less than 3 minutes, mind you that was not Chiang Mai Immigration office.

Now that's an interesting comment. I had a prepared TM47 (downloaded from my computer) but while I did have passport photocopies in my bag, I never handed them over when I made my 90 day reporting last week. Only offered my original passport. I was not asked for copies. I was in the door and out in less than 3 minutes, mind you that was not Chiang Mai Immigration office.

For some years CM immigration didn't require them either but changed two or three years ago. Now though, only one page was needed rather than the 3 previously required. Wasn't a quirk as the guy next to me had most of his passport copies returned also.

Come on guys (and gals) use the post for 90-day! Ease up the queue over there. And it's soooo easy. C.M. Immigration in the middle of the hot season? Nah.....blink.png

Actually I was planning to this time but had set my computer reminder to just a few days before report expiration. Just set the computer reminder now to notify me two weeks in advance so I can give the mail in a go.

Trip Report May 3rd

15:00 - Arrived, received number

15:01 - Number Called - I politely said "mee barcode, krap" (Pointed out barcode on passport)

15:02 - Accepted Passport, No Copies

15:03 - Handed back my passport, left with a big smile

Edited by PlanetX

Did the 90 report for the first time in CM today. Arrived at 2:30 PM and in and out in 15 minutes. No problems and service with a smile.

did my 90 day reporting today,arrived at 1.30 got parking place outside.good start,number called straight away no one waiting ,handed in passport and tm47,to young girls,passport and stamps checked and inputted in to computor,form and passport handed to thai man sat next to them,ripped of bottom of tm 47 and stapled in passport easy,5 minutes max,see they have opened a new office to left of car park,about 50 people waiting,and very little shade for them.

Could be wrong but I believe the crowd you saw on the left hand side of the car park is where they are processing Burmese workers 90 day reporting etc. Many of them would not be able to read, or write, Thai so it must be quite a difficult process for them.

Could be wrong but I believe the crowd you saw on the left hand side of the car park is where they are processing Burmese workers 90 day reporting etc. Many of them would not be able to read, or write, Thai so it must be quite a difficult process for them.

They opened it up for the immigrant workers several weeks ago AFAIK which has helped regarding crowding in the main building based on my last 90 day report a few days ago. Still crowded, but not as overwhelmingly so as previously.

• 2 weeks later...

What time would you guys suggest going for a 90 day report, really early or later in the afternoon?

Try using the search button before posting the same topic time and time again. That is why there is a "pinned topic"

Why not use the postal system...it works every time and is pinned in the correct topic. It is not difficult ... forgive my cynicism but this post has been beaten to death.

Edited by Raindancer

What time would you guys suggest going for a 90 day report, really early or later in the afternoon?

Try using the search button before posting the same topic time and time again. That is why there is a "pinned topic"

Why not use the postal system...it works every time and is pinned in the correct topic. It is not difficult ... forgive my cynicism but this post has been beaten to death.

Tywais...Have you considered a different pinned topic regarding 90 day reporting? It might save numerous posts.... I posted a step by step instruction, including costs and time frame of submission to final receipt sometime ago. It might help some people.

Regards

Tywais...Have you considered a different pinned topic regarding 90 day reporting? It might save numerous posts.... I posted a step by step instruction, including costs and time frame of submission to final receipt sometime ago. It might help some people.

Regards

I'll dig through the previous 90 day topics and pull out the key information. Believe it is time to unpin the smog topic making room for the 90 day information. Any suggested other information you feel could be added to that type of topic? Probably a set of links to previous, current topics on it for reference.

//Edit - if you could assist and post a link to your step by step plus I know McGriffith has a very good writeup on it with a scan of the address.

• Like 1

I did use the search function, that's how I found this thread. Is posting in here not infinitely better than starting a new topic like some people would do?

Thanks for your help anyway..

I did use the search function, that's how I found this thread. Is posting in here not infinitely better than starting a new topic like some people would do?

Thanks for your help anyway..

I did a quick test searching for "reporting" in the CM forum and came up with 11 topics in just the first 2 pages of the search results for 90 day reporting. So can't fault the member too much. wink.png I'm working on centralizing the 90 day information as a pinned topic with Rainmaker's & McGriffith's input.