Good Swimming Pool Builders In Chiang Mai

mallmagician

Hi All,

I am looking into building a swimming pool very soon at my new house, and I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for a swimming pool contractor that does good work, on time etc etc.

I know a couple of people that have had them built by Siam Pools, and they seem happy generally (A few little niggles - but nothing major). Therefore, I have sent them a message to see if they can come out to the house and quote for the job. Of course I would be foolish not to ask around, and work out which is the best deal (Not the cheapest, the best deal - i.e. quality, customer service, reliability, and time keeping), so any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

PS - I should mention - I want to build a saltwater pool with a sandwash terrace - Size to be determined by budget/quotes :-)

Thanks

• Like 1

If I remember correctly it was 850K including the surround which was quite a large job as we "built up" and then sandstone finished.

The pool itself which is chlorine based including excavation only took a week to install.

But as I said,VERY low maintenance.

If I remember correctly it was 850K including the surround which was quite a large job as we "built up" and then sandstone finished.

The pool itself which is chlorine based including excavation only took a week to install.

One week? That's amazing. My pool, the deck, and cabana back in my former home in California took about 3 1/2 months to complete - many years ago.

Edited by elektrified

One week? That's amazing. My pool, the deck, and cabana back in my former home in California took about 3 1/2 months to complete - many years ago.

I was quite frustrating for us and Desjoyaux having to wait whilst the surrounds where built up etc before they could complete and add the water. But is you ever see how they are constructed you will understand why they can do it so quickly,basically dig a hole and fit the Lego bits together and then the coverall sheeting to finish -well a bit more than that but you get the gist I would think?

6 years, barely a problem but even if there is it is usually same day call out, impressive outfit.

Heck, I think I want a commission on future sales! cool.png

They were very professional and came to see us. Unfortunately, they were unable to provide a saltwater pool that is suitable for our Labrador to use too, due to a couple of things. They primarily do vinyl lining pools, which probably isn't a good idea for the dog to swim in due to potential damage he could cause the lining. They did offer a tiled pool, but due to their filters system, upgrading that to being saltwater was quoted at 320,000 alone.

Siam Pools today quoted me a price that I can live with for a saltwater tiled pool, with the spec I want. So, as long as the price and designs all come together ok, ill be going with them. I was quoted about 6 Weeks for the build, upto 2 months. I suspect due to the time of the year. But I can live with that.

Thanks for the input folks. I also agree that the desjoyaux company was very professional and nice to discuss our requirements. I felt bad bringing them out to the house when I realised they wouldn't be able to build what I need on budget. They took it in their stride and didn't try to hardsell or push alternatives on me. Highly recommended, just not the right fit for me.

Graeme, at Euro Build and Design, is a very competant British builder based here in Chiang Mai, has done many large projects and pools... his number is 08351 666 42. I'm sure he'll be happy to give you a quote :)

David

They were very professional and came to see us. Unfortunately, they were unable to provide a saltwater pool that is suitable for our Labrador to use too, due to a couple of things. They primarily do vinyl lining pools, which probably isn't a good idea for the dog to swim in due to potential damage he could cause the lining. They did offer a tiled pool, but due to their filters system, upgrading that to being saltwater was quoted at 320,000 alone.

Siam Pools today quoted me a price that I can live with for a saltwater tiled pool, with the spec I want. So, as long as the price and designs all come together ok, ill be going with them. I was quoted about 6 Weeks for the build, upto 2 months. I suspect due to the time of the year. But I can live with that.

Thanks for the input folks. I also agree that the desjoyaux company was very professional and nice to discuss our requirements. I felt bad bringing them out to the house when I realised they wouldn't be able to build what I need on budget. They took it in their stride and didn't try to hardsell or push alternatives on me. Highly recommended, just not the right fit for me.

Good luck with whichever choice you decide on and hope you enjoy which I am sure you will. We are looking to sell our house and downsize so a pool may not be an option in wherever we go but will be sorely missed.

Just for the record, our pool has been swum in by a German Shepherd,Collie Shepherd mix and a Shih Tzu plus the occasional human with no damage to either the warm bloods or the pool and the fleas and ticks don't like chlorine so I am fairly free of them. biggrin.png

there is a website thaibuilder or something. They have a lot of resources and advice. I actually priced out for materials, pumps, filters and everything minus labor and the pool the dimensions above would cost about 150-200k. Not that everyone is capable of DYI, but it will save you about 1/2 if you subcontract the work.

Not to mention the cost of the pool is not nearly as much as the upkeep. Especially salt water pools.

We used Siam Pool for our pool build and were very very happy with them.

We also upgraded to their magnesium pool water - it is fairly low maintenance but a little more costly initially - but well worth it. And good for the dog too - really notice a difference between the magnesium versus salt or chol. Siam were and are very helpful and professional - they have another branch in Hua Hin as well. Really happy with their work and after service. I can't remember exactly how much the pool cost because we had so much going on at the same time - we extended the sandwash cement around thepool, built a sala at one corner, planted gardens, etc. etc. We also use them to maintain the pool weekly - which is a fairly easy thing to do I gather but we are away so often that its nice toknow that we won't come home to a green pool or if anything goes wrong while we're away, they can fix it immediately. Anyway, without further rambling - good choice.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Anyone had any experience with Siam Pools? So far they seem the most professional. And not the most expensive either quote wise. Any info much appreciated.

I'll answer my own question then.

Apart from a few niggles Siam Pools have delivered the goods. Very happy with the end product.

post-87375-0-47474300-1376083207_thumb.j

Edited by DaamNaam