Your Favorite Shopping Centers

LongTermFarang

Hi. I'm new to this forum.

What shopping centers do you like?

I like Big-C and I like Lotus.

I think the selection in Big-C is great, but I prefer Tesco-Lotus. How about you?

I have been an expat in Thailand for many years. I am married and have children. So I hope you will accept me here on this forum.

One thing is must say, though, is that in Big-C I often have the feeling that I am being followed. Do you ever feel the same?

Regards

Stephen.

"I have been an expat in Thailand for many years. I am married and have children. So I hope you will accept me here on this forum"

Ah to be accepted on the TV forums, your wife needs to be a Thai/Chinese Hi-so, with at least a double degree, (at masters level at least) and her family are very wealthy with connections in the Thai goverment, Thai Police, Thai military, or Thai immigration, (tick all applicable) it goes without saying these connections must be at a senior level.

• Like 1

Kinda gets me when guys like the one above bags members with half half educated thai spouse, yeah so what? there making a point..if you want a reasonable chance of success in a relationship get with your own kind..you wanna hang around the bar girls or with a farm girl this site is full of hard done by stories...why dont you bag those dickheads?

I prefer Siam Paragon and MBK those sort of places downtown.

Kinda gets me when guys like the one above bags members with half half educated thai spouse, yeah so what? there making a point..if you want a reasonable chance of success in a relationship get with your own kind..you wanna hang around the bar girls or with a farm girl this site is full of hard done by stories...why dont you bag those dickheads?

I would appear you have left your sense of humour at either Paragon or MBK, this is am assumming you had a sense of humour to start with.....seems to me its you that has the fixation with bar girls and farm girls, How did they get into this discussion about favorite shopping centers, cant quite see the connection ?

I like Orchard Towers, but its a bit inconvenient...

SC

I suspect 4 floors has a bigger selection than either Big C or Tesco's, further, there is a large international selection as well with many exotic delights to sample which IMHO believe would beat Paragon and MBK hands down..thumbsup.gif

Edited by Soutpeel

I would appear you have left your sense of humour at either Paragon or MBK, this is am assumming you had a sense of humour to start with.....seems to me its you that has the fixation with bar girls and farm girls, How did they get into this discussion about favorite shopping centers, cant quite see the connection ?

The girls in Orchard Towers are generally a bit more urbane. For farm girls, I would recommend Nana Plaza. That's a nice centre as well, though I worry about its fire safety. If you take safety seriously, you'd be better in Soi Cowboy, or even the Art Galleries.

SC

only on TV would the discussion lead back to the center of all farang thought.

? You need to get out more.

When the topic's shopping centres, there's not much to talk about bar shopping centres. Some of us prefer the high street, there's a few chaps here like to pop down to the village mom&pop store, and I imagine some guys will try to be self-sufficient and grow their own...

Many years ago, one of my favourites was the golf club, a little cafe bar with a two-hole putting green at the bottom of the South Seas Centre. It was scarcely the Miramar, with its 'beer buffet' home brew beer garden in the atrium, but it was more convenient for the office.

I suppose one of the things I try to do, best I can, is make some semblance of relevance to the OP, though its all too easy to get led into a side track. Whilst we're talking balls, I bought the bairns their rugby ball in Dubai - it was a lot easier to get, in one of the mainstream shopping centres there than in Bangkok.

Anyway, 99, what was your point?

I get the impression that, like me (of course) you are not a sad lonely aging whoremonger, and yet you never seem to offer anything constructive to lighten their lives. Perhaps your life also needs brightening a little. Have you tried whoremongering?

SC

When the topic's shopping centres, there's not much to talk about bar shopping centres. Some of us prefer the high street, there's a few chaps here like to pop down to the village mom&pop store, and I imagine some guys will try to be self-sufficient and grow their own...

Many years ago, one of my favourites was the golf club, a little cafe bar with a two-hole putting green at the bottom of the South Seas Centre. It was scarcely the Miramar, with its 'beer buffet' home brew beer garden in the atrium, but it was more convenient for the office.

I suppose one of the things I try to do, best I can, is make some semblance of relevance to the OP, though its all too easy to get led into a side track. Whilst we're talking balls, I bought the bairns their rugby ball in Dubai - it was a lot easier to get, in one of the mainstream shopping centres there than in Bangkok.

I get the impression that, like me (of course) you are not a sad lonely aging whoremonger, and yet you never seem to offer anything constructive to lighten their lives. Perhaps your life also needs brightening a little. Have you tried whoremongering?

SC

SC

I personally find the idea of men in shopping centres a strange idea and don't really consider Tesco or Big C to be anything more than supermarkets with mobile phone outlets.

To be fair however I prefer our local Big C which does have a number of boutiques as well as a fingernail shop and a tattooist. More importantly, in the food court, it also sells jugs of beer between the forbidden hours of 2pm - 5pm unlike Tesco. I keep telling my royal princess (one up from a HiSo Chinese Thai) that she really needs a complex but tasteful tattoo but she refuses on the basis that 4 hours on the piss is too much for an afternoon. Best I have managed so far is the fingernail job and the 2-hour massage that they also have.

...I personally find the idea of men in shopping centres a strange idea and don't really consider Tesco or Big C to be anything more than supermarkets with mobile phone outlets.

To be fair however I prefer our local Big C which does have a number of boutiques as well as a fingernail shop and a tattooist. More importantly, in the food court, it also sells jugs of beer between the forbidden hours of 2pm - 5pm unlike Tesco. I keep telling my royal princess (one up from a HiSo Chinese Thai) that she really needs a complex but tasteful tattoo but she refuses on the basis that 4 hours on the piss is too much for an afternoon. Best I have managed so far is the fingernail job and the 2-hour massage that they also have.

I'll leave it up to you to find my commendations of Carrefour on Rama IV. The Thai place on the way to Sukhumvit has since closed, so you might want to get a taxi from there, if you've managed to grab hold of a pair of big jugs.

SC