How Can I Get A Vietnam Visa Fast ?

Hi all

How can I get a viet visa fast?

I am going to Vietiane Laos tommorow and I want to catch a bus to Vietnam !

I have checked the Viet Embassy website in Laos and it says between 1 to 5 days to get visa tommorow is Friday and I believe Monday is a public holiday for Vietnam!

I need to get a visa same day as i need to be in Viet for the week end !

I have sent emails to the Viet embassy and they dont reply. I have been calling their numbers for 2 days and the phone never answers. I am so frustrated !

I see there is online E Visas for sale ready in 1 day express service but they say the visas can only be colected at major airports. I am going by bus overland crossing so thats not a option.

Any ideas on how to get one in 1 day???

Any one have a phone number for the embassy that will answer? a mobile number or a contact that can help?

Also I want to know if my Thai wife also needs a visa . Shes a Australian Permanent Resident with a Thai passport and a Thai ID card. Does she require a Visa for Vietnam???

Thanks in advance

Dave

Who it concern your wife as long she have ID card or Passport from an ASEAN Member country no visa is needed and can stay 21 days. In your case I do not see any chance, only e-visa is the fastest or in a Vietnamese Embassy ...... eg BKK is possible 24 hour sbut plus express fees. Right from 27th April until 2nd May are holidays in Vietnam (I am at the moment).

Who it concern your wife as long she have ID card or Passport from an ASEAN Member country no visa is needed and can stay 21 days. In your case I do not see any chance, only e-visa is the fastest or in a Vietnamese Embassy ...... eg BKK is possible 24 hour sbut plus express fees. Right from 27th April until 2nd May are holidays in Vietnam (I am at the moment).

Australia is a ASEAN member country as far as I know is it not??? so can i get in to vietnam ???

Australia is a ASEAN member country as far as I know is it not??? so can i get in to vietnam ???

I just checked and Australia is not ASEAN member b ut why does the Australian foreign minister attend all the ASEAN meetings?

Posted a response, but realized this thread had no purpose anymore. Hope you made it, if not learn from your mistakes. Why procrastinate?

For future knowledge:

Vietnam does have Visa on Arrival after you get an approval letter from an e-travel agency that gets that letter approved by immigration. Costs a little more, but worked for me when I had to Fly to Vietnam with 2 days notice.

Edited by MikeThaison

AUSTRALIA is deinitively not an ASEAN Member country

Edited by thaibear1

I just checked and Australia is not ASEAN member b ut why does the Australian foreign minister attend all the ASEAN meetings?

MAYBE BY COURIOSITY cheesy.gif and spoil money

AUSTRALIA is deinitively not an ASEAN Member country

it would like to be