Best Value For Money Area To Rent A Condo In Bkk?

ruddy2000

Lad Prao has many condos for rent (or purchase) within 100 M of MRT. Within 300 -400 meters even more. The area is on a major re-development plan. You are two stops from Mochit BTS station. Rents are about 6 - 8 thousand baht less (at least) than a comparable sized SUKHUMVIT area condo. There is a villa market at Suzuki Village (Phaholoyothin and Ratchada aves). The replacement market for Suan Luam night market is being built at the corner of Ratchada and Lad Prao.

Good question Ruddy and I am sure that you will get lots of very different opinions.

I was working in the Sukhumvit/Asoke area but wanted something with a more local feel and cheaper, so I moved to Huay Kwang. It has an MRT station, night market, also a fresh market during the day with fruit, vegetables, fish and seafood. There are also lots of local places to eat.

It is close to Robinson, Tesco Lotus, Esplanade (good cinema) and Fortune Town IT Mall.

I also think that a lot of the quality of life in Bangkok comes down to where you live and if you can get a nice new condo for a reasonable price with swimming pool, fitness center, laundry, mini-mart, restaurant, coffee shop and 24/7security - it makes a real difference.

Edited by Bandersnatch

Like Bandersnatch, I lived in Huay Kwang at a condo called Baan Klang Krung. Walk to MRT, Robinson, Esplanade, great local markets. The development itself was pleasant & well-maintained. We had an inward-facing condo over the pool, so it was quiet. The main entrance was on Soi Nathang, a busy, crowded soi so better to not be facing towards there.

i prefer the older buildings as they are made with thick floors and double brick walls

the newer built condos are noisy, you can hear people walking on the floors, music, aircon, people next door etc.

the newer ones seem to be more expensive to rent as they cost more to build.

people are stupid as they walk in get dazzled and then sign up

only to have their first night of reality as the noise creeps in.

OLD buildings better built.

i feel like bangkok is just getting too fuc_king busy for me. i think since they expanded the bts and the airport rail the central area is just being more and more overrun. it gets to the point where you ask yourself <deleted> is the point? obviously if you have to work in bkk u r stuck but for the rest of us bye bye.

i am curious what the inflation rate in bangkok it seems to be growing rapidly. just recently we add terminal 21, the gateway, central rama 9, emporium 2 coming, platinum 2, new shopping malls to siam square area.

it is a shame because places like hong kong are very busy but at least you can walk around and the weather changes. also more cultural things around than shopping malls.

right now i look out my condo window and ask if it is worth the trouble getting to fight with 16m other people.

Edited by farang000999

I definitely wouldn't agree with the noise situation of new buildings, maybe cheap new ones but im in noble solo which is only a year or so old and i cant hear my neighbors or even if someone is opening the door in the hall. Any of my Thai friends that ive visited that are in the older small thai apartments i swear their walls are paper, but again they are only paying 5-6k.

Find a building put up by a quality developer and im positive it will be quiet enough.

farang000999 as for inflation imo and in mosts opinion Thailand is leading up to a downfall, the current real estate market reminds me so much of the massive bubble that built up in the states. 100s gigantic new buildings going up with 100s of mid/high end apartments in them. There are not enough people to fill these as their out of a majority of thais budget range. Theres no way this growth can continue with no revenue coming in.

Edited by glbv

http://www.click4apa....com/index.aspx

Depends, Ratchada for cheapo but hookers everywhere.

Ladprao is ok but again busy.

Sathorn if you have money to burn,or @ Chong Nongsi BTS there are lots of small condos,

which is just around the corner from Silom, Sala Daeng etc.

Victory Monument is less sleezy than alot of places,

I can get a Van to just about anywhere from here

plus BTS is a 2min walk + Century Plaza, King Power Duty Free (next door)

and as far as condos & Hotels are a plenty.

New small condo buildings popping up everywhere here.

Checkout the above link for rates. But just sold my condo in

Suhkumvit soi 1 for 1.6m THB so Suhkumvit is not all expensive.

Every area has cheap and pang, depends how far you want to

travel each day to work and your bucks.

But if you ask anybody here they will all give different opinions.

Edited by LindsayBKK

Sathorn if you have money to burn,or @ Chong Nongsi BTS there are lots of small condos,

which is just around the corner from Silom, Sala Daeng etc.

But if you ask anybody here they will all give different opinions.

Above is spot on, this is a very personal choice so no "right or wrong" answer. For myself, I enjoyed living in Naradiwas Soi 24 (Rama III area, down the road from Chong Nonsi BTS). Lots of choice around there, from high end serviced apartments down to small condos.

i feel like bangkok is just getting too fuc_king busy for me. i think since they expanded the bts and the airport rail the central area is just being more and more overrun. it gets to the point where you ask yourself <deleted> is the point? obviously if you have to work in bkk u r stuck but for the rest of us bye bye.

i am curious what the inflation rate in bangkok it seems to be growing rapidly. just recently we add terminal 21, the gateway, central rama 9, emporium 2 coming, platinum 2, new shopping malls to siam square area.

it is a shame because places like hong kong are very busy but at least you can walk around and the weather changes. also more cultural things around than shopping malls.

right now i look out my condo window and ask if it is worth the trouble getting to fight with 16m other people.

Your comment about walking around in Hong Kong amused me. I lasted 2 months in HKG because I couldn't take more than 5 steps without having to avoid unhappy, overworked Chinese people. So I stood my ground after a while to let them bounce off me. Not nice I know, but by then I had already decided to leave the place and be faced with the same problem in BKK, but far more fun!

depends where you like to live and how nice you want your condo to be.

in my opinion and research over 5 years , 5 years ago, sukhumvit soi 10, sukhumvit park condo.

rent 1 bed-15000 per month

buy 1 bed-around 3000000

less then double for 2 bedroom

close to everywhere, nice soi, has a park.