I Need To Apply For Brit Citizenship

Dear thailondongirl ... be a friend to the tread that you started and come back and reply to some of the questions asked about you ... we could all learn something.

Maybe some of the posters here have more information to pass to you about your original question ...

I second that, where have you gone?

Or maybe you are just another very typical Thai, that I (unfortunately) have seen oh-so often. When you want something you're there, then as soon as you have it, you disappear, until the next time you need something.

Reminds me of a saying about the French when it comes to fighting in any conflict - The French; They are always there when they need you! coffee1.gif

Dear thailondongirl ... be a friend to the tread that you started and come back and reply to some of the questions asked about you ... we could all learn something.

Maybe some of the posters here have more information to pass to you about your original question ...

I second that, where have you gone?

Or maybe you are just another very typical Thai, that I (unfortunately) have seen oh-so often. When you want something you're there, then as soon as you have it, you disappear, until the next time you need something.

Reminds me of a saying about the French when it comes to fighting in any conflict - The French; They are always there when they need you! coffee1.gif

Steady on! The lady makes several posts then doesn't respond for a couple of days, and you're on her back with derogatory remarks about Thais, and comparisons with the French, which is about as insulting as you can get.

This is a forum for visa and immigration advice, people aren't obliged to get into personal revelations and explain why they want to get citizenship - that sort of drivel is available in plenty on the General Forum. She asked specific questions about making an application, which seem to have been answered. No need for a gang-bang.

Cough ... ^ I simply asked if she could ^ ... be a friend to the tread that you started and come back and reply to some of the questions asked about you ... we could all learn something.

Steady on! The lady makes several posts then doesn't respond for a couple of days, and you're on her back with derogatory remarks about Thais, and comparisons with the French, which is about as insulting as you can get.

Refer to the OP's earlier postings please, and you'll find that it wasn't me that started with the derogatory remarks.

And anyway, it wasn't intended to be derogatory, it was more an observation.

Edited by LucidLucifer

Refer to the OP's earlier postings please, and you'll find that it wasn't me that started with the derogatory remarks.

And anyway, it wasn't intended to be derogatory, it was more an observation.

Yes. Have to agree with you on that.

This is a forum for visa and immigration advice, people aren't obliged to get into personal revelations and explain why they want to get citizenship - that sort of drivel is available in plenty on the General Forum. She asked specific questions about making an application, which seem to have been answered.

Spot on.

Further off topic remarks and speculations will be dealt with severely.

Thaigirllondon, you have already been given the links to the information you need to apply for citizenship, but see also How do I apply for British citizenship or another form of British nationality? You will see that the process usually takes 3 to 6 months.

Once you have your naturalisation certificate you can apply for your first British passport in the same way as any other British citizen, and this will include an identity interview. Because of the need for an interview the process can take up to 6 weeks. See Applying for your first adult passport.

So, you should allow 8.5 months from first submitting you naturalisation application to receiving your first British passport; though usually it is a shorter time than this.

I know this might sound over-simplistic, but if you meet the criteria for citizenship, then you'll get it.

We used the checking service at the local register office. I filled out the forms, they checked them. We gave them all the info and supporting documents that they needed. On all my applications i've always gone for overkill rather than giving them just what they specify. Make your case as strong as possible.

They sent the stuff off, and we got my wife's approval back about six weeks later. You get a letter with it detailing where you need to go for the citizenship ceremony. You ring them, make an appointment, go to the ceremony, pledge your oath and you're a citizen.

Next stop is the post office to pick up a passport application form. Fill it in and send it off. Then you'll be asked to attend and interview. My wife was in there less than 20 minutes. Approved, passport in the post a few days later.

Job done.....thumbsup.gif

Very kind to take the time to help me with that, thank you Sir. I did think it would taken more than 6 weeks so your news update is welcomed. Can I bother you for another question, please? I too am very prepared and over present a case so to not leave questions in the readers' minds. We are similar.

If at all possible, please could you tell me what documents you presented in supporting evidence of the case? Thank you (even if you cnnot take more time)

If at all possible, please could you tell me what documents you presented in supporting evidence of the case? Thank you (even if you cnnot take more time)

See Documents required for naturalisation applications

I would recommend that, if available in your area, you apply through the Nationality Checking Service. Not only will they be able to advise you if your application is incomplete, but they will also copy all your documents and return the originals to you straight away. Apply direct and you may have a long wait to get them back.

Further off topic remarks and speculations will be dealt with severely.

I have just deleted a number of off topic posts.

It is a shame that some members who rarely post in this forum have decided to do so in this thread: not in any sort of attempt to offer helpful advice but merely to expose their own ignorance and prejudices.

Any future posts not directly related to naturalisation as a British citizen will be deleted and the poster given a long holiday from the forum.

• Like 1

Dear Khun 7by7,

Excellent postings, thank you.

Can I ask another question, I went through the links and cannot find the right form, can you point me to the right direction? I probably made a schoolgirl error and missed it but I really can't find it. Sorry and thank you.

Jasmine

Edited by 7by7
Off topic comments removed.