One Key Fits All

jinjinswing

3rd time this has happened to me in 5 mths, have a hotel room on 5th floor in phuket, a near new hotel, eye sight fading as i head off into my twilight years....get off at the 4th floor without realizing...head to my room...unlock the door but chain is on...hmmm....gf is standing right besides me...

Moved to a new old apartment block, my rooms on the 5th floor...again get off on the 4 th floor walk to my room...unlock it and walk in...hmmmm...someones changed all the furniture....wops wrong floor again...

New hotel Jomtien my rooms on the second floor this time...having problems with the safe go down to reception and she comes back with me with safe key....were busy talking without realizing i stop one room short...unlock the door and head in...chain on the door...hey wrong room again.

Why bother with locks i think...im starting to see a Cambodian mentality here....pol pot killed all the knowledgeable beings over there and 30 years later there still to fill the brain drain...

i went to look at a condo building in bkk

the reception ladie took me on a tour and showed me about 5 differnt units available on various floors of a 20 floor building

she also used 1 key to open every door .........

i

Sounds like you have a ''master'' key. Could be fun eh. biggrin.png

While you're at it you could also open all the room safes with 000000. laugh.png

if it wasn't true it would be very funny...........0000 or #1234

i

While you're at it you could also open all the room safes with 000000. laugh.png

Don't laugh too hard.

I managed to lock myself out of the room safe at a hotel in Ao Nang, so in a moment of frustration, I belted it, and it fell off the shelf onto the floor. What's to stop someone just picking it up and walking off with it? :blink:

i

Don't laugh too hard.

I managed to lock myself out of the room safe at a hotel in Ao Nang, so in a moment of frustration, I belted it, and it fell off the shelf onto the floor. What's to stop someone just picking it up and walking off with it? blink.png

raise the budget a bit :)

proper hotels build them into the walls ......

Yes and the last place safe didnt look like it would take much to lift off and away either.......and no directions how to use was locked on arrival after it was opened i stuffed up so had to get reception to come open who also wanted to charge me 100bht for the honor, as she was delivering that message was when i accidentally opened the room next door, at this point i dropped all pretenses of being nice...no need to say anymore...

I'm guessing it was one of these:

911.64.023P1.JPEG

with a push-button lock on the inside.

The nicest thing you can say about these locks is that they are crap.

For something part-way decent you need one of these:

Cylindrical_Deadbolt_Lock.jpg

Pol Pot's thoughts and practices weren't really Asian.

He borrowed what he knew from the superior Westerner.

Lovely, huh?

Who? I thought his brand of how to slaughter a Nation by semi genocide, was pretty original,except if you mean Chairman Mao,who was not a westerner.if you mean Hitler,then he had lots that copied him,even though it was not the Intelligensia,of his own people that was a target,as in the case of Pol Pot.

Who? I thought his brand of how to slaughter a Nation by semi genocide, was pretty original,except if you mean Chairman Mao,who was not a westerner.if you mean Hitler,then he had lots that copied him,even though it was not the Intelligensia,of his own people that was a target,as in the case of Pol Pot.

The core of the Khmer Rouge's leadership were educated in Paris, where they where exposed to radical communist philosophy, so perhaps he's blaming the crimes of the regime on Lenin and Marx.

Many of their implementation techniques came from their training by the Chinese and Vietnamese communists, but the whole "back to year zero" agrarian side of things, killing everyone with intelligence or an education, seems to have been their own particular brand of madness.

IMO the existence of evil in humanity at this level goes far deeper than any mere cultural/tribal differences.

so we have gone from hotel keys to PolPot and the Kmher Rouge and still on the first page, why don't peopel discuss the opening post rather than going so far off topic, it is a wonder Thaksin has not been blamed yet and then we have 10 pages of pointless rhetoric and vidoes from youtube,

so we have gone from hotel keys to PolPot and the Kmher Rouge and still on the first page, why don't peopel discuss the opening post rather than going so far off topic, it is a wonder Thaksin has not been blamed yet and then we have 10 pages of pointless rhetoric and vidoes from youtube,

Don't worry, we like a bit of deviation now and again, makes for fun and am sure ''moderation'' will take care of stuff. smile.png

Anyone in the hotel business can tell you it is pretty common. I used to have a job of transitioning hotels from independants to a chain as we purchased them. It was common that the master key had been duplicated rather than each individual room key. Worse things can happen in a hotel. My ex wife (bless her heart) said, "anyone who would give you (me) a job with 500 bedrooms and a cash register deserves what they get."

Don't worry, we like a bit of deviation now and again, makes for fun and am sure ''moderation'' will take care of stuff. smile.png

I have read the forum for years before joining and I have to say right now its worse than it has ever been.

I have read the forum for years before joining and I have to say right now its worse than it has ever been.

So it went down hill when you joined, hmmmm. rolleyes.giflaugh.png

PS. May l point out that your post was off topic.

Edited by transam
  • Like 2

Its cool if we wander off topic, i dont mind...i like a bit of fun.....and those locks pointed out earlier are standard everywhere, a dead lock wont help if they dont change the key per lock, since im in the building industry there is no excuse for whats happened to me here, comes down to ordering correctly prior to installation.

Just getting tired of the wanna be's who arent anythings here in the and of faint smiles..