Where To Buy Lightweight Bike Boots In Bangkok?

I didn't mind too much when the heels fell off my almost unworn black leather work shoes, but this is getting serious now that the soles fell off my Gore-tex bike boots. I guess it must be the heat? The rubber soles have just crumbled to dust.

I bought the boots from the UK, and they've had light use for the last 5 years in India and Thailand. The uppers are perfect, but the soles just fell apart while I was riding. (I thought my footpeg rubbers had fallen off at first, then realised it was my boots!).

Any suggestions on where I can get short bike boots in Bangkok in falang size (45).

And any suggestions on how to stop the next pair crumbling away? Keep them in the fridge??

post-64119-0-13624300-1336100059_thumb.j

Kawasaki on Ramkaenghang had some when I was in there. Maybe worth a look as you could pop into Red Baron down the road as well.

But why not get those ones repaired? If the uppers are perfect then maybe look at getting the soles repaired/replaced by a quality shoemaker.

Kawasaki on Ramkaenghang had some when I was in there. Maybe worth a look as you could pop into Red Baron down the road as well.

But why not get those ones repaired? If the uppers are perfect then maybe look at getting the soles repaired/replaced by a quality shoemaker.

Yes ... I thought about that, but they have a moulded sole that curves around the boot, so not possible.sad.png

I've got a nice pair of Style Martin light-weight riding boots. I've been riding with them for over a year and they still look good as new. I just give them a quick rub down with a wet rag after every ride. They have held up very well. I got them at Paddock. Best of Luck.

Brian

• 3 weeks later...

Small note on the TCX brand model X-Square boots that I bought. They seem to fit small. On other shoes I'm normally 42. I ordered the boots at size 43 just in case and still they are a bit tight for me. I had no choice but to keep them because I bought them on internet from the USA and sending them back would have cost me too much.

Anyways, my recommendation is that in case someone chooses this model think at least 1 or 2 size bigger!