Leather Dye - Where Can I Buy?

mockingbird

• 1 year later...

I.ve been in Thailand for almost 7 years and have not found that yet. From Samut Sakohn to Bangkok, to Chiang Mai, I have searched for at least 4 years, with wife asking everyone. We have even been in Leather shops and asked, ''no have''. They have it, but why such a well guarded commodity??

I am going to take a chance on this one. Silpaban, on Pattaya Klang is a shop where you can find just about everything. I wont try to give directions, except heading out to Suk, its on the left side, about half way, since like all Thai shops, they are well hidden, but once you find it, it will surprise you on the amount of office and art supplies they have, and good prices. They had a fire about a year ago, so things might have changed a bit, but this is just a suggestion.

I guess they prefer not to sell it but rather like to preserve the dyeing process as part of a saleable service, like the shoe repair men who can dye shoes for you etc. Not sure why, as paint can be bought and wallpaper etc. I had the same issue with grass seed ,,,

Edited by petercool

There is a leather shop off of soi16 on Pattaya Klang about 1 block down from cental (Pattaya Klang) They have dyed leather for me before & are real helpful in obtaining supplies. Just look on the left hand side for the only leather shop. A Thai restaurant is across the street. (Thai farang) They speak decent English & are polite. Good luck.