Tlc Tv Remote In Pattaya

toenail

Here's the challenge for the Pattaya forum members. Where can one pick up a TCL (brand name) TV remote? The one I have is broken and I cannot find a compatable one in all the electronic stores. Yes, there are remotes than can work on various international brands, but TCL is not international. This flat screen TV was in the condo I am renting.

Edited by toenail

One of the "universal" remotes will surely work if you persist. These sub-brands often share remote codes with other sub-brands, or even major brands. Apparently Samsung outsource to TCL.

Try Thepprasit Road "Open" market. The one held every evening on the open ground. It's past the market held on a Friday,Saturday and Sunday.

Countless remotes always for sale, some new, some 2nd hand. Take your old remote with you to try and find one that matches.

Another tip (if you didn't know already) take some batteries with you and test the remote - point the remote at a mobile phone camera or digital camera and press the buttons. You should see the transmitter on the remote light up.

You could do the same test on your original remote just to make sure it's the remote that's faulty.

There's always a stall at the Huay Yai temple market on a Friday where a guy has hundreds of remotes for sale, never payed any attention the brands on offer but i suspect the same sort of range as mentioned by Ferguston at the Threppasit market.

Edited by LennyW

You could try the service center in Soi Town-in-Town off Pattaya Central Road. (from Sukhumvit the first Soi on the right towards Town-in-Town Hotel).

The service center is halfway on the right showing brands as Philips, Sanyo, Toshiba, Soken, etc.

Not sure of they do TCL.

They probably have to order the remote, so take as much as possible info with you; brand; type; modelnr.; or make a picture of the label stuck at the back of the tv