Uk Settlement Visa Application Waiting Times, Bangkok

• 2 weeks later...

i am looking for some advice.the embassy received my wife,s settlement application on the 2nd july.she had a phone call asking for more documents from me which i faxed through on the 20th aug and we have not heard anything since.We are now in the 14th week.I have looked at the waiting times on the ukba and it states that they try to process settlement visas within 12 weeks but it could take up to 24.As i have faxed more documents through where do i stand with the time scale (do i go to the back of the que?)i have looked at the ukba website time and time again to look for answers on if i can make contact to see what is happening with our application but i am quite sure i cant do anything until i have gone the 24 wks which seems crazy?

(HELP) i am losing the plotcrazy.gif

i am looking for some advice.the embassy received my wife,s settlement application on the 2nd july.she had a phone call asking for more documents from me which i faxed through on the 20th aug and we have not heard anything since.We are now in the 14th week.I have looked at the waiting times on the ukba and it states that they try to process settlement visas within 12 weeks but it could take up to 24.As i have faxed more documents through where do i stand with the time scale (do i go to the back of the que?)i have looked at the ukba website time and time again to look for answers on if i can make contact to see what is happening with our application but i am quite sure i cant do anything until i have gone the 24 wks which seems crazy?

(HELP) i am losing the plotcrazy.gif

I think your application has been delayed by the fact that more documents were needed. If you have supplied everything they have asked for, then there is no reason to think that the visa will be refused. And you do not go to the back of the queue.

According to the UKBA website 100% of settlement applications were completed in 90 days in August. It will be interesting to see if Bangkok can keep up that processing rate with the new requirements introduced in July. It looks like your application has messed up their 90 day completion rate !

Well Boys and Girls with the help from Visa plus the new application should be GO GO GO next friday.

Just wanted to say THANKS A LOT VISA PLUS and also a big thanks to THAI VISA.

These are the good guys!!

Unlike sleazy ****/////// NO Kiggs dont do it smile.png JK admins not going to spam

All joking a side. I have all the faith in the world with these guys so if your thinking about an agent think about these.

Will keep you all posted and with some help from Buddha we will have Christmas as a family.

Edited by Kiggs

thank you for the advice visa plus,visa express.thumbsup.gif

i emailed the vfs and they kindly forwarded the email to the embassy, who which then phoned my wife to say they would look at her application on monday as they only work a half day on a friday.still not sure why the delay but this is progress

hopefully get an answer next week.

good luck kiggs!

Edited by prapha

Well Boys and Girls with the help from Visa plus the new application should be GO GO GO next friday.

Just wanted to say THANKS A LOT VISA PLUS and also a big thanks to THAI VISA.

These are the good guys!!

Unlike sleazy ****/////// NO Kiggs dont do it smile.png JK admins not going to spam

All joking a side. I have all the faith in the world with these guys so if your thinking about an agent think about these.

Will keep you all posted and with some help from Buddha we will have Christmas as a family.

With all due respect, Kiggs, what is your background? I ask as I wonder why you needed help with the appliction. I understand that some people cant navigate the system and need a little help. That's not a bad thing, we are all different and some people have different skills, just wondered why you used them?

Well its a long story but will try and condense it down.

I'm lazy!.

Jk.

The last visa was refused because the Pattaya based company didn't submit all the papers that were needed. He told me that the new financial rules where only made public in August so he didn't know what was needed for the new settlement visa!! You might ask yourself why didn't the embassy contact us and request the wageslips and bank statements that where missing!!! Well they did make contact but not with the wife they emailed the company and they didn't look at there mail. So that was that.

The main reason we used a company to do all the papers in the first place was to try and save time. I could only get to Thailand for 2 weeks in July so wanted to use that time with the wedding and family. Not tromping round bangkok looking for this that and the other. Just thought go the company leave all the papers and then enjoy the time we had.

I can and have filled all the forms out but need this done and dusted before Christmas and I know that these guys are the ones to make that happen.

Edited by Kiggs

I would like to point out that the first agent used by Kiggs was neither Thai Visa Express nor Visas Plus.

God no it was not any company that sponsors Thaivisa.com.

Sorry guys i forget to say it wasn't you.

Edited by Kiggs
  • Like 1

After a long wait of 15 weeks my wife had a text saying 'processed visa application ref no. apet------------ is ready for collection at uk visa application centre'.

My wife called me and was so happy thinking our application was successful only to be knocked down by me to say that everybody receives this message successful or not,me beleiving this from reading on this forum.I hope i am wrong, so Can anybody clarify this for me please or do i have to wait until we get our application picked up which could either be tomorrow or thursday.

Even though my wife's visa was approved last year I like to keep up to date with who what when why.

Those of you waiting it is a killer to think we are British born and bred and our wives have to Ho through this rigmarole.

But the feeling you get when she gets that sticker is amazing.

Take the wait as a necessary evil.

Good luck to you all

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Hi everyone,

I am a new member just for this UK visa waiting time thread. Hopefully you guys can fill me with hopes to get through this terrible waiting period.

I applied settlement visa (married) from Singapore since Aug 24th, the visa application review and approval is being done in Manila ( same for Thai, SG and Malay). It has been 9 weeks long and the VFS center nor UK embassy breath a word. My husband had already gone to UK for new job commencement while I am stucked on this tiny island. My head is exploded!

Is 9 weeks a normal/ norm processing time for settlement visa? I worry if my application went wrong at some points which caused such delay.

Some advise on the waiting time would be much appreciated!

H

Hi there, my application is on Aug 24 and hear nothing yet. Have you got the news?

Hi and welcome.

Dont worry yet it can take upto 12 weeks, but think you will get word very soon.

Have you had any calls or emails from them asking Qs?

Edited by Kiggs

What is Qs?

Questions, asking questions.

No, they don't ask. T's a total silent process, freak me out! Maybe they haven't even looked at my application.

Recently, I have to borrowed back my passport to extend my stay in Singapore. Do I have to go back in queue from beginning ?

Edited by Hanh Kanssen