Mushroom Farming

Well no matter what I said I couldn't get the brother to use the Cols advice. we went for o to1 kilos days to 16 kilos a day in five days. How did that happen I took over and did what the Col, siad. Sometimes it's just easier to do it yuorself then trying to get someone to understand. That being said it's still ride season and I'm going

They say seeing is believing we shall see.

Hi Ray

Can you give us the new protocol the Col helped you with to get up to 16kg per day ... also could you explain the milk sugar spray you used ... maybe the recipe and application rate ... I have done a lot of small scale mushroom production and when I pasteurize my substrate I place a wire probe thermometer into the center of one bag and start timing 90min once it get to 140f but keep it below 165f as that will start to kill off the beneficial bacteria... are you pasteurizing or sterilizing your substrate bag's .. do you know the temp your bags reach in the center ???

I am thinking of making my own packs now too ... I like the idea of the pre mix formula to cut down on the work load ... i also can make my own spawn grain, agar work ... I have done everything from a spore print up till now, I built a still air box and have my sterile technique down to a tight system. with no contamination any more .... long learning curve with that and a lot of mistakes along the way.... but you do learn a lot more by making mistakes

really enjoyed reading this thread and was hoping to learn a few more tips to increase yields.. and you eluded to that with the milk sugar spray ... sounds a bit more natural than the super mix hormone spray ..

Thanks again and hope your still picking

SJC

• Like 1

If anyone is interested in oyster mushroom spores just send me a message. Sister in law and husband next door to us does spores and grows the oyster mushrooms in her farm. We are outside of Kampeangphet. She sells spores to other farmers and is well known in the province. She has years of experiance doing the mushroom farming and the spores.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else get lots of bar/fruit type flies in their mushroom setups?

It's not a real problem at the moment, it's just that the colony is growing and I'd like to know how to deal with it before it potentially gets out of hand.

Regards.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I bought a 500 baht sprayer and wil give that a try. However looks like we will be seeing some rain, thus cooler weather. That will increase production, so it might be a while before I know if it works and worth a mist system.

The stuff I;m growing we grew in our storage shed last year. Bathroom will work, just remember yuo have to kep it dark as much a possible. Where you would find them in Bangkok, I have no idea,

I found bags mushrooms in the Minburi market some years ago, this market has a gardening session in the entrance. I think in chatuchak or another big market in Bangkok you can find it easily.

100_6806.jpg

Sometimes the simple answer is best. A piece of garden hose with 1/100 inch holes drilled in it. Works fine at low pressures

Is it cooling the place? Did you feel any difference? I mean the shrooms.. growing faster than before? Nice Workaround!

• 2 weeks later...

I;m sure they are w order them about two months ahead of time. It's usually three weeks before they get real active. But from a suggestion here we stage the orders to try for a fairly constant production.

Ive kept good records so I know when I should be thinking about ordering again. The current price we are getting is 7 baht. As small as we are I don't think we could do much better making our own bags.

Col has really been a lot of help explaining things to my Thai Brother in law. He works part time and has his own business as well. If we make the bags that will double our labor costs. I don't believe we are big enough for that, nor am I sure that market will support that.

That could change as after this year I will be expanding more, if things go as expected this year.

Very usefull information. Thanks! wai.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody here working with automated humidity control, Hygrostat that switches a pump to spray water from under the roof?

I have a plan to start a project of automated humidity and temperature control around december 2014 in nakhon sawan area, in my project I will use arduino microcontroller and sensors. we can create a topic here only about this stuffs and share our knowledge. would be nice! wink.png

Hello everybody,

I'm here new, but i would like to ask:

Is it possible to make a mixture for mushroom growing from sawdust, rice bran, gypsum, lime and calcium (or magnesium) sulfate, pasteurize it in bags and than mix it with mushroom spawn and put it in shelves? Or is there easier way how to create this mixture for mushroom? :) And the other question is, do you know any good websites where to buy mushroom spawn?

Thanks a lot for your answers :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

For who is interested in making bottles for themselves

We are selling one of our ovens. Manage to put 600 bottles. (maybe more if you don't want to use the steel baskets).

Reason of selling is that we have another bigger one, who can take up to 850 bottles.

price we bought it: 45000 baht that is included with 50 steel baskets.

Price I want for it : 25 000 baht , which is a good price imo

If someone interested can always ask more information in PM

I will try to upload a picture later

PS: We also have the big gastank and gasfire for it.

Edited by chillem

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

I'm new here and started with growing mushrooms in bags what I by in a farm in the neighbor here.

I want to start to produce the bags by myself, but why the bags must steam for 6 to 8 hours what they tell me here.

All information is welcome.

Thx

Chris

I would concentrate on the growing and selling of what you produce first. Get onto bagging the little bilghters later.  

I started off using bamboo racks and all went well to start with. Flies and bugs however, became a problem and I am still thinking about the slings I want to use to replace those bamboo racks.

6 hours ago, backtofront said:

I would concentrate on the growing and selling of what you produce first. Get onto bagging the little bilghters later.  

I started off using bamboo racks and all went well to start with. Flies and bugs however, became a problem and I am still thinking about the slings I want to use to replace those bamboo racks.

The stage off growing and selling are over. At this time we have more than 5000 bags and because the production cost is lower when we do it our self, we want to start with the filling by our self. Also you know than for sure the quality you have.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all mushroom growers. I got some problems with my oyster mushrooms. I see this morning some bag getting a green mold inside the bag, I guess it's not a good sign. I take them already out and throw it in the waste. What else I can do for protect all the other bag?

IMG_2898.JPG
IMG_2901.JPG
IMG_2897.JPG

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

In the case of green mold, alcohol cannot do anything much. @leyali  do you still spray water in your grow house this time right?  High temperature, high humidity combined is a cause of greenmold in Hed Nang Fah (looking from your media it is this kind right?). In this time all of my grow house are open, shut off water and let it dry to prevent green mold and other molds from growing (mushroom too). Weather like this, Even you continue to spray water, they still produce small amount so I decide to shut off and let them hibernate. This is why most of the grower change to grow other variety in this season like Hed Khon, Hed Nang-Rom that grow well in high temp.

In your case, If you do not want to use chemical.  You can buy bacillus subtilis พลายแก้ว  to spray into the bag's mouth, all surface inside your grow house to kill the mold. For the infected bags, you can try to scrape the mold out and spray it with B.S. พลายแก้ว. I recommend to separate it out. 

• Like 2

tamone, thank you for the answer. Yes we grow Hed Nang Fah, till now we had no problems, they grow well. But now in case of the green mold, I will do as you say. Keep them dry for a time and separate all infected bag out. I will see how it's going in few days.

On 3/19/2017 at 5:11 PM, CPPFarm said:

I'm new here and started with growing mushrooms in bags what I by in a farm in the neighbor here.

I want to start to produce the bags by myself, but why the bags must steam for 6 to 8 hours what they tell me here.

All information is welcome.

Thx

Chris

Steam the bags is one of many methods of sterilizing to kill "Most" of the competitive bacteria of other fungi in your media (I'm not sure that I can explain it much in English but you can Google it for more information yourself). How long do you need to steam your media depend on type and efficiency of your steamer. Mine only need 4.30 - 5 hours for 1300 bags from start to stop. The important is you need at lease 2-2:30 hours of constant 90 ํ C or above. My steamer can raise the temperature from ambient temp to 95 ํC in 2-2.30 hours, then I start counting from this point for 2.30 hours till it's done.

14 minutes ago, leyali said:

tamone, thank you for the answer. Yes we grow Hed Nang Fah, till now we had no problems, they grow well. But now in case of the green mold, I will do as you say. Keep them dry for a time and separate all infected bag out. I will see how it's going in few days.

Is this your first crop?

Steam the bags is one of many methods of sterilizing to kill "Most" of the competitive bacteria of other fungi in your media (I'm not sure that I can explain it much in English but you can Google it for more information yourself). How long do you need to steam your media depend on type and efficiency of your steamer. Mine only need 4.30 - 5 hours for 1300 bags from start to stop. The important is you need at lease 2-2:30 hours of constant 90 ํ C or above. My steamer can raise the temperature from ambient temp to 95 ํC in 2-2.30 hours, then I start counting from this point for 2.30 hours till it's done.

About this I google and read already. I think this its the case of the green mold. But we don't make the bag self, we bought them from a big company next to our village.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app