Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Mushroom Farming

That is how we will sit up our garden area. Give us an area where the soil will be little softer, I don't know if it will act like compost or not.

We got our order in Col. my understand is she didnlt have the super mix. But, we are getting somehting. She wants us to go to Bangkok. I'm not really sure for what. Does she sale the equipment to make the packets?

Col want to thank you for the hermoine suggstion, workd great. I have now given the farm operation to the brother. Time to go riding we hope to visit you some time in the next few months.

I thnk he will be OK as long as he takes good care with the money. Ceryailny more then he is used to handling in a week. But, it is ceratianly not all profit. He has 9K active now with 4.5 K to add as he has the money,

I've enjoyed learning, But, it was always meant to be a family operation. You will probably find me out with a glass of ice tea and fishing pole in handthumbsup.gif

Coming into riding seaon I will more then likley be busy with that a lot over the next four months.

I will try to share with him what I have learned, but in the end it's going to be up to him. He handles it right he can make a good living for the rest of his life.

hi. does anyone know a straw mushroom (H̄ĕd fāng เห็ดฟาง) spawn (Cheụ̄̂x h̄ĕd เชื้อเห็ด) supplier that can provide phytosanitary (สุขอนามัยพืช) certificate (http://www.customscarecenter.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=article&Id=539614826&Ntype=4) for export?

Thanks

Edited to add: if you know a supplier, I can help the supplier apply and pay for the costs

Edited by AndrewPK

hi. does anyone know a straw mushroom (H̄ĕd fāng เห็ดฟาง) spawn (Cheụ̄̂x h̄ĕd เชื้อเห็ด) supplier that can provide phytosanitary (สุขอนามัยพืช) certificate (http://www.customscarecenter.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=article&Id=539614826&Ntype=4) for export?

Thanks

Edited to add: if you know a supplier, I can help the supplier apply and pay for the costs

http://www.ifarm.co.th/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=80&Itemid=321

Thanks

http://www.ifarm.co.th/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=80&Itemid=321

Thank You so much. I will check with them

HELP: Where To Sell Mushrooms In Buriram & Looking For Large Coolers

Hello there. I have a new mushroom farm (Oyster Mushrooms for now) near my home in Lam Plai Mat with my bf. We currently drive almost daily to Korat and sell them quickly at the large farmer's / vegetable market behind Maharaj Hospital, but at times we have a smaller quantity and not worth the drive to Korat. So since Buriram is closer, we are looking to possibly drive/sell the smaller quantities at a market in Buriram if there is such a place and looking for any help to assist us. We would be talking anywhere from 60-100kg each time and if we were to find a regular buyer(s) like we have in Korat, we could switch to Buriram everyday and likely average 120-150kg/trip almost daily. (and more in a few months).

Also, we are looking for a few 200L coolers (or any size) that you see at all over Thailand at the restaurants/shops selling drinks etc. You see them everywhere but having a hard time finding them for sale. We are looking for either new or used and have attached pics of some. (the phone numbers on these coolers are of no help)

Any help with either of these 2 requests is greatly appreciated and thank you ahead of time !!

Davelat Co. Ltd.

Lam Plai Mat, Thailand

post-177390-0-31955400-1381743096_thumb.

post-177390-0-74841300-1381743109_thumb.

post-177390-0-41679100-1381743116_thumb.

post-177390-0-60269300-1381743125_thumb.

Hello there. I have a new mushroom farm (Oyster Mushrooms for now) near my home in Lam Plai Mat with my bf. We currently drive almost daily to Korat and sell them quickly at the large farmer's / vegetable market behind Maharaj Hospital, but at times we have a smaller quantity and not worth the drive to Korat. So since Buriram is closer, we are looking to possibly drive/sell the smaller quantities at a market in Buriram if there is such a place and looking for any help to assist us. We would be talking anywhere from 60-100kg each time and if we were to find a regular buyer(s) like we have in Korat, we could switch to Buriram everyday and likely average 120-150kg/trip almost daily. (and more in a few months).

Also, we are looking for a few 200L coolers (or any size) that you see at all over Thailand at the restaurants/shops selling drinks etc. You see them everywhere but having a hard time finding them for sale. We are looking for either new or used and have attached pics of some. (the phone numbers on these coolers are of no help)

Any help with either of these 2 requests is greatly appreciated and thank you ahead of time !!

Davelat Co. Ltd.

Lam Plai Mat, Thailand

Have a look here

http://www.thailandicebox.com/Ice+Boxes+thailand+ice+box+3899.html

http://www.komsanplastic.com/icebox01.htm

Hello there.  I have a new mushroom farm (Oyster Mushrooms for now) near my home in Lam Plai Mat with my bf.  We currently drive almost daily to Korat and sell them quickly at the large farmer's / vegetable market behind Maharaj Hospital, but at times we have a smaller quantity and not worth the drive to Korat.  So since Buriram is closer, we are looking to possibly drive/sell the smaller quantities at a market in Buriram if there is such a place and looking for any help to assist us.  We would be talking anywhere from 60-100kg each time and if we were to find a regular buyer(s) like we have in Korat, we could switch to Buriram everyday and likely average 120-150kg/trip almost daily. (and more in a few months). 

Also, we are looking for a few 200L coolers (or any size)  that you see at all over Thailand at the restaurants/shops selling drinks etc.  You see them everywhere but having a hard time finding them for sale.  We are looking for either new or used and have attached pics of some.  (the phone numbers on these coolers are of no help)

Davelat Co. Ltd.

Lam Plai Mat, Thailand

Have a look here

http://www.thailandicebox.com/Ice+Boxes+thailand+ice+box+3899.html

http://www.komsanplastic.com/icebox01.htm

Love your thread.

Maybe try yeow alat.china town market in bangkok.TW and I hav been there many times.Found everything we ever wanted.i know its a bit far for u but at least you can b sure to find them there.let your Thai wife google it 1st in thai not english.try english also.

Chok dee

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Looks good congradulations.

My Brothe in law is keeping his head above water, which is good. But, with the fish farm doing all the sales himself. I dont think he has time to make his own packets. He is a one man operation.

There is a time frame that yuo really don't have to do much with fish, just feed them and make sure the water is in good condition

Rigth now he is harvesting and selling fish as well. Because of the way the big pond is can't use nets that means one a time,. I call it work I go out there and sit on my tail end fishingcheesy.gif

Hopefully we can start catching Pla Mor next month using nets, That will make his life much easier

When we get through the fish harvest, he may have time to do his own packets. But, that is up to him

Went through his books today he is averaging 4K plus a week. He made two mistakes he was mixing personal money and business money together. He is now paying himself weekly. He loaned money to someone he will proabably never get it paid back from. That was a huge mistake he is now saving for his next purchace of 1500 new packets 12,000 baht. After the loan he now has a long was to go.

After that he needs 16,000 baht for the final 2,000 packets. The he can skate for about three months as his buying will be done for the next three months.

Getting him to uderstand working towards a long term goal is difficult.

So we sit up a system today he will give the money to my wife daily and I will put it in the safe

Then take it from the safe as he needs to pay expenses.

His book keeping was very difficult to understand so I will set up a ledger for him in the computer.

He is lucky Col Pockdee gives him direction when he needs it.

He is a soft touch and never really had anything in his life. I want him to be successful. I also want to see him do most of it on his ownwink.png

He is a good worker so if he gets a taste of it I think he will be OK. Management is not his fortay, I talk to him weekly about that aspect.

My guess is will have to help him expand. But that is next year.

Edited by ray23

Finally got up and running here in Mae-On.

First couple of batches sold easily in local market and 2 nearby restaurants have bought some to try out and appears that they are doing well.

We started off simply with the usual "boiler plant and bagging location" plus a stacking house but have decided to expand and are in the process of completing a new permanent structure which will give us double space.

Heading back to Blighty for a month or so but hopefully will really get things moving on return.

Also building a couple of houses for our 'workers" plus expanding the garage and other outbuildings so keeping busy....Couple of basic Pics...

attachicon.gif2013-08-17 12.46.39.jpgattachicon.gif2013-08-17 12.47.11.jpgattachicon.gif2013-10-21 12.35.36.jpgattachicon.gif2013-10-21 12.35.30.jpgattachicon.gif2013-10-21 12.37.42.jpg

Hi Rinrada

where did you get the design for your "boiler plant". My sister-in-law has started to make her own bags but she just stands the barrel on 3 bricks which is not very efficient.

Finally got up and running here in Mae-On.

First couple of batches sold easily in local market and 2 nearby restaurants have bought some to try out and appears that they are doing well.

We started off simply with the usual "boiler plant and bagging location" plus a stacking house but have decided to expand and are in the process of completing a new permanent structure which will give us double space.

Heading back to Blighty for a month or so but hopefully will really get things moving on return.

Also building a couple of houses for our 'workers" plus expanding the garage and other outbuildings so keeping busy....Couple of basic Pics...

attachicon.gif2013-08-17 12.46.39.jpgattachicon.gif2013-08-17 12.47.11.jpgattachicon.gif2013-10-21 12.35.36.jpgattachicon.gif2013-10-21 12.35.30.jpgattachicon.gif2013-10-21 12.37.42.jpg

Hi Rinrada

where did you get the design for your "boiler plant". My sister-in-law has started to make her own bags but she just stands the barrel on 3 bricks which is not very efficient.

Neighbour has done some mushroom farming before also date palms.. our other project.

Bought the drums from a local guy on the 1317 ,built the oven and cemented them in on top.

The last run was about 2500 "tubes" which we hope to double in future with maybe 6 runs a year (every 2 months ..or so)

We also bought a double electro/mechanical "plunger" so can run things like a production line.

The filled bags are all mounted on wire supports/cages and placed into the drums which are filled with water and fired up using local wood cuttings and on completion bagged up for the future Bar B Qs.

R

This might have a good application for mushroom farming.

MANUFACTURING Fogger clear on listing plan Published: 24 Oct 2013 at 00.00 Newspaper section: Business Masterkool International Co, a local manufacturer of outdoor cooling and fogging systems,...

Please credit and share this article with others using this link:http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/news/376076/fogger-clear-on-listing-plan. View our policies at http://goo.gl/9HgTd and http://goo.gl/ou6Ip. © Post Publishing PCL. All rights reserved.

Borther ran is to situtaion where he couldn't get the hermomes ( has them now)

He made a milk and suger mxture appiled as he would the hermones. The result he doubled production.

That was a new one on me, so far it looks like it works

• Like 1

Rinrada. I like that settup. Your shelving looks great. I don't understand the boiler. You put the bags in water or do you mean one tank is water and creates steam which goes into the barrel with your bags? I wouldn't think that boiling bags would be good since you would want your moisture content more stable than over absorbing.

• 1 month later...

Anybody here working with automated humidity control, Hygrostat that switches a pump to spray water from under the roof?

Good question I believe the Col has something like that. But, not automated.

Interested in seeing the answer, myself.

Edited by ray23

Anybody here working with automated humidity control, Hygrostat that switches a pump to spray water from under the roof?

Good question I believe the Col has something like that. But, not automated.

Interested in seeing the answer, myself.

I hear about compled Set for 8.000 Bath, but I love DIY. Can make it with mechanical hygrostat or Arduino style. smile.png

• Like 1

We have had significant drop in production of our Nong Faa since the cold weather hit. Anyone else esperiencing this?

same here. production is down.

this also prompt us to change the bags around a bit early, around after only 3.5 months...

the new ones should be ready to pick up between the holidays...

all in all we dont complain, at about +50% now, it already brought in the target, and once it warms a little bit, the newer bags should boost the production.

and most importantly, this time of the year there is no "jungle mushrooms" to compete our mushrooms on the market. :)

We have changed our watring methods a bit to see if it helps. I sit up a program now to buy 2 K a month and rotate by date. At the moment we seem to be the only ones selling in the area, None to be seen in the Talots. We opened a 1,000 more yesterday. Have a delivery next week of 2K more.

It will appear that we will be expanifg with Khon Kao next year, so it will take more then 2K a month to make the rotation work.

We are at stage where we need help. But, the production numbers won't pay for it. We really need to start making our own. So that is something we will look at very closely in the next quarter. I'm going to try to go visit the Col next month. I can't tell you jow much help he has been espcially in talking to my btrother who doesn't speak English

Ok need a lttle help here. I'm terrible a Math. I'm trying to find the break even point for doing own mushrooms. I have plenty of room for expansion. The upside is having the mushrroms when I want them amd hopefully bettre qaulity.

The down side is payingf labor at 1,800 a week Cost of equipement and supplies to make and pricess the packages. Storage ect.

We currently have room for 16,000 packets replacing them twice a year at eight baht would come to:

384,000 baht annualy

The cost of labor

Cost of packets doing it ourselves. I'm thinking five baht

That would be 240,000 a year,

That would leave a positive of 50,400 a year

I'm thinking a one time cost of equipment at a 100K making two year pay back,of something we should get years of serivce out of.

Want to make more money make more packets.

This sounds far to simple to me.

So where am I off and what am I not calculating correctly?

On a five year plan looks do able to me..

Ray,

you should rethink that labor number :)

first of all, you will need only around 2700 bags/month ( on your current 16000 x2)...

that is calculating 6 days work week, 300thb a day?

would require producing only around 100 bags a day.

so, i would think your weekly wage wouldnt run that high, as you wouldnt need to produce 24 days a month those bags to cover your supply.

alternatively, say your worker should be able to produce 300 bags a day, would only need less than 1/2 your calculated wage.

on the other hand:

i would be vary about the quality expectations, especially in the beginning, with not having extensive experience. where we buy, it seems to have about 5% waste, i am sure if i were to make, i would expect to have about 3x at the start. that number sure to improve gradually.

oh, and of course, we 'talked' about more frequent rotating of the bags, to even out production. every 6 month just not maximizing your potential earning, especially if a worker is involved, and also if there is enough buyers to sell to.

i came to think that ideally every 3 months should see new bags, ideally every months changing part, but keeping no bags longer than 3 months...ok, maybe 4 months, but that is top. by then if they are good enough should cover investment + 30-50% profit on the money...just not economical to leave the bags 2 more month to take up the place, in hope to squeeze out another 10-15% max...

sorry for the long post, just a few thoughts.