Fs: 2008 Kawasaki D Tracker Dtx 250 With 120,000B In Extras, Almost A Klk 250 Too

Well guys after owning this bike for 2 years I've decided that this bike is not for me. Total mileage on the odometer is less than 7,000KM. The bike is a 2008 D-Tracker 250 that I bought off a Farang in Chiang Mai which is why it still has a CM license plate. I used to race it around BRC and it was good enough to scrape the footpegs! I soon got bored road riding because it is too big for Bangkok traffic.

mileageMay-8-2012.jpg

So I got a set of KLX250 wheels and took it off roading. I did an 11 day trip through Laos last December with no problems. I do my research and only buy the best based on forum reviews so everything on this bike is top shelf equipment. Honestly, I suck at off-roading which is why I'm selling the bike. Since I'm short and unskilled, I probably dropped this bike about 20 times in the dirt. All drops were low speed and most often not even moving. I come to a stop and can't get my feet to support me, so the bike falls over. With that said, this bike has been extremely durable. It runs straight and has no play in the bearings.

newbodypanels2.jpg

newbodypanels4.jpg

bestmirrorsintheworld.jpg

So whether you want a street bike, or off-roader; this bike will give you both options. This is the ultimate dual sport bike because you can go to the race track, swap the wheels in 30 minutes, and then go off road. There's no need to adjust the chain or brakes when swapping wheels because both DTX250 wheels and KLX250S wheels have the same size sprocket and brake rotors.

Here is the service history (done at Kawi Rama 9 and I have all the receipts):

New Battery- September 2011- 1170B

Exhaust cam was replaced September 2011. The original was out of spec so it was hard to start.

I'm going to bring it in to Kawi Rama 9 for a new clutch and oil change this week, so you can save 3500B and not worry about this stuff.

There's still plenty of brake pad left too.

All the modifications were done by me. I have experience building concept cars so I thread lock all the bolts, and use proper soldering techniques.

Here are the additional modifications that come with the bike and what I paid for them:

All new body panels, put on this week- 2400B

Shortened 2 finger levers.

Chopped the rear fender off.

Rear facing and bigger airbox snorkel- 200B

Doubletake Ram Mount mirrors (the best off road mirrors, proven indestructable)- 3,000B

KLX250S wheels, Pirelli MT21 (5000KM old), MotionPro Rimlock Lites, balanced, DTX250 sprocket and brake rotor.- 25,000B

Unabiker radiator guards- 3,000B

Widened and lowered seat, velcro ready for seatpad- 1,200B

AL gascap (Bikers)- 600B

Tethered shift and brake levers- 300B

Widened footpegs- 1,000B

Scotts Stabilizer Mount 4,000B (stabilizer costs extra-listed below)

Grips: Protaper -200B

Handlebar: Protaper YZ Low- 3,000B

Handguards: Cycra Probend- 4,000B (strongest according to other forums)

Cycra Triple Tree handguard mounts (far stronger than regular bar mounts) - 1,500B

Shock Sox (protects shock seals)- 1,000

LED strip Turn signals: 4 in front- 400B

DRC LED Turn signals: 2 in rear- 1400B

Rear brake light, DRC Edge LED- 2,000B

Two Brothers M7 AL muffler: 18,000B yes, I overpaid at Kawi Chiang Mai

Custom removable (2 screws) muffler insert (almost stock quiet or deafening loud)- 1,000B

FMF Megabomb stainless header- 8,000B (I can wrap it in header wrap if you want, it's gets very hot)

Turbocity Skid plate/ side guards (2-3x stronger than any others)- 11,000B

Toolbags on skidplate- 500B

Racetemp strips (on clutch cover and radiator)- 300B

Progrip tank grip pads- 500B

Kickstand pad keeps the bike from sinking in the dirt

Spares Included in this sale

sparesincludedinsale.jpg

Aux Dashboard w/voltmeter, USB port, cigarette socket, 4 switches, lockbox for Garmin660- 3,000B

Custom Camelback that straps onto gastank- 1,000B

Spare inner tubes for DTX250 (new 2 pairs F&R) 600B

Spare inner tubes for KLX250S (new 2 pairs F&R) 600B

Spare shift lever (new) 200B

Original plastic gascap

Custom on-bike chain oiler - 1,000B

Front swingarm chain guard (new) 100B

AL racing footpegs: Moth racing- 2,100B

Kreiger cam chain tensioner- 1,000B

Frame sliders, Moth racing- 2,450B

Rear axle sliders, Moth racing - 1,650B

Zeta clutch lever- 2,000B

Custom hydraulic bike lift (allows one person tire swaps)- 1,000B

Original header pipe

Modified electrical loom for derestricted power (135KPH)- 5,000B

Custom rear shock preload adjuster- 200B

DRC LED turn signal (x1)- 700B

19/22mm open axle wrench

Custom gas tank side panniers- 200B

Stainless Steel Rack- (regular size) Some Thai made thing but I made it stronger.

Custom Rear steel rack- 4000B I designed this for strapping on waterproof backpacks as side panniers. the rack is about as wide as your feet on the bike and much narrower than the handlebars so you can still weave through traffic. It has a storage bin to hold spares like inner tubes and an air compressor. It allows removal of the seat and side panels while the rack is still on the bike. There are 2 heavy duty LED brakelights. The entire rack can be removed in ~10 minutes by removing 4 bolts.

megarack5.jpg

Conclusion:

There's over 120,000B of recent service, mods, and spares included above.

Realistically you can buy a used DTX250 or KLX250S for 100,000B, but then an extra wheelset will set you back 20,000B+.

If you plan to do real off road riding, you will drop the bike and so you'll have to get new handlebars, handguards, a rack, and skidplate for sure.

Since you may not care about many of the other extra parts, I'm selling the bike and everything listed above for only 120,000 baht!

I don't need to sell this bike so don't bother low balling me.

Any educated person will research how good the above parts are, and how much they cost and then realize they're getting one of the best deals of the year.

The registration is good until November 12, 2012

There's a DLT a few minutes from my place in Phra Khanong so I can go with you to do the Green Book transfer.

I will spend time with you going over all the mods when you check out the bike.

Other than the derestricted electrical loom, I can install any extra parts you might want.

I would consider a trade and cash, but I'm only interested in a Suzuki Raider 150 or a Moulton bicycle.

Here are Options I can sell with the bike if you want to save some time and money:

Scotts steering stabilizer (this saved me from crashing many times)- 12,000B

Garmin Zumo 660 with 2011 Thai street map (fits into the locking aux dash)- 20,000B

Airhawk seat cushion (velcro on to the bike seat)- 5,000B

Lightened 12V air compressor (proper tire pressure is important) - 500B

Motion Pro T6 M22 tire lever- 1,000B

Motion Pro T6 M27 tire lever with 3/8 drive adapter- 1,700B

DRC tire lever- 300B

Solar battery charger with quick disconnect- 1,000B

Small and large plastic tool tubes- 200B each

Cold Steel Machete w/sheath- 400B

Thai Kukri w/sheath - 200B

iPhone 3 cradle (Ram Mount)- 200B

Universal device gripper (Ram Mount)- 200B

Trail Blazer 18" Take Down portable saw (tested only once) - 700B