Documents Required When Applying For A Settlement Visa

Hello everyone,

I have been looking through the UKBA website to see if their rules insist that every document is presented in English, but can't find an answer. I have marriage certificate etc all translated into English but I might have to provide things like a chanut (title deeds) or tabian baan (house book) to prove statements I am making on the covering letter about finances and where we have lived, or even the addresses on a Thai driving license as a way of proving our address and that we do live there.

So the question is, "Do all documents submitted to the embassy via VFS have to have certified english translations?".

I'm sure that some of the worthies who are regulars on this forum will know the answer.

Many thanks in advance.

Steady

All the official advice I have seen says that documents not in English should be accompanied by a certified (by the translator) translation. However anecdotal evidence suggests that this is not always strictly adhered to.

To be on the safe side I would (and did) have all Thai documents translated.

You may find UK Settlement Visa Basics helpful.

I only got our Marriage certificate and the wife's birth certificate plus chest xray translated, But maybe better to get all done. as 7by7 advises.Things are getting harder now, there is a list of documents you require, and what you need if you print off the forms from the Boarder Agency site.