Tata Xenon

M71

They do seem very popular as plain workhorses, specifically with the larger flat-bed in the back. I would definitely consider it for a basic truck.

Depreciation only matters if you're going to sell it again within a couple years, and even then it must be compared to the most basic non-extra cab base models of the Isuzu and Toyota trucks; those don't fare quite as well as the extra-cab models either.

Actually it doesn't look too bad, given the new price of 479K which already has the big tray fitted:

http://www.one2car.c....72&Model=S1099

Compared to the most popular basic Isuzu: http://www.one2car.c...795&Body=D1245

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

If I needed a "plain workhorse" I would go with the Isuzu(Toyota) for sure...they are not that much more expensive,but will work much longer(IMO)...and even when very old,you will sell them quick and for good money...much better service too...

...it's like with tools,if you need to work with them smile.png ,better get a good quality ones wink.png

If I needed a "plain workhorse" I would go with the Isuzu(Toyota) for sure...they are not that much more expensive,but will work much longer(IMO)...and even when very old,you will sell them quick and for good money...much better service too...

...it's like with tools,if you need to work with them smile.png ,better get a good quality ones wink.png

I agree, If I was looking for a work horse, a Tata would be the last truck I would consider. I've seen too many of them with moderate loads and they look like their backs are broken as the frames are flexing under the stress. Stick with a Toyota or Isuzu and you'll be a lot happier at the end of the day in my opinion.

See lots on the road, most are the Tata Xenon CNG model, the 2 tanks are fitted under the bed, so no space take up on the bed.

That is convenient,but there are only a few CNG/NGV re-fueling stations in CM and no dual fuel option in this Tata model, I think...

See lots on the road, most are the Tata Xenon CNG model, the 2 tanks are fitted under the bed, so no space take up on the bed.

That is convenient,but there are only a few CNG/NGV re-fueling stations in CM and no dual fuel option in this Tata model, I think...

Yes is reason I did not go CNG/NGV truck goes to the South every month....... Did find out from the salesman of the Triton they would fit 2 LPG tank under the bed and mount the spare wheel in the back...

Mazda BT50 was a much better drive, so exchange the D-Max Gold Series for the Hi-Racer+

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have bought the Xenon without the extra cab in Udon last year in December. Perfect workhorse for the farm (and carrying construction materials for the house we are building) and very happy with the car. My BIL broke one of the indicator lights and the dealer asked 20baht to replace it.

Like I said, Very happy with it. It easily carries 2 tonnes. (giant model) (gonna check its limits soon as the sugar cane season started here)

1 minor thing: when empty, the back suspension is very hard. When heavily loaded, my lights blind oncoming traffic.

HOWEVER, it looks like the 1 year insurance that was promised (and confirmed on the invoice) never materialized. When in Thailand I have asked a number of times for a copy of the insurance,but I have never received it.

I am starting to think that I am driving around without insurance, but with a promise from Tata that they would get me one.

so in short: if you want a work horse and a good excuse not to have to play taxi for the inlaws all the time (mai mee cab), this is a very good value for the price.

Last time I saw a heavy duty version of the giant model (probably even better)

• Like 1

Seen them broken down or being towed numerous times.

Over my lifetime I have seen many Mercedes Benz and Rolls Royce on the back of a towtruck....or flat bed truck. Doesn't surprise me if a few Tata break down.

I was looking at a diesel engined version but most of the second hand ones seem to be CNG....which I don't want. I do think CNG systems can be striped off and LPG system fitted which means I can fill it up when up country. But I would prefer diesel. All in all I thought they were very basic work vehicles which would be more suitable for an employee to drive....not myself.

• Like 1

I do have the diesel version.

Remember the early toyota pick-ups. They were entering the market and made the cars no-nonsense and very reliable.That is what I see in their diesel version. with their CNG version they are trying to be fancy, but their diesel engine has been used for years in India.

Quite a bit of power too...